Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
nobby99
TheNeil29
trevdee
town supporter
paulstreet
KatSwinn
TownUltra
yorkiebar
thetallaccountant
V'
14 posters

Fans Q&A confirmed

Harry O

Fans Q&A confirmed - Page 2 Empty Re: Fans Q&A confirmed

Post by Harry O Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:18 am

The only solution is for Weaver junior to go. If that means Weaver senior goes as well, so be it. Let's just get back to being a proper football club with up & down results like other proper clubs. A family friendly club with morals

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:45 am

Did anyone else go to the Q&A last night?

I did, and I am pleased I made that decision. I felt that Irving and Simon were extremely honest in their answers. The first question was regarding Simon's position and whether, under any circumstances, would he be shown the door. In short, the answer was no. Irving said that they came as a duo and would leave as a duo. Simon has obviously had enough of some of the big name players and admits it had not worked. Interestingly, Simon said that he would love to be able to spend more time with the players and did not discount going partially full time however experience is still needed and players like McGurk would be unable to go full time.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:42 am

JordanF wrote:Did anyone else go to the Q&A last night?

The first question was regarding Simon's position and whether, under any circumstances, would he be shown the door. In short, the answer was no. Irving said that they came as a duo and would leave as a duo.
    #
    Wasn't there as I wasn't invited (being a mere mug who pays £12 a week). The above is depressing, not surprising and a bit of a porkie pie; they didn't come as a duo, SW came a year before Weaver senior took command. And what a brilliant first year he had.

Anything mentioned about the redevelopment of the Wetherby Road side ? They are good at building things it has to be said, its just when it comes to football they are clueless. I'm expecting lots of semi-detacheds on there within the next 10 years.

yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:43 am

hya , jordan did simon say it had,nt worked because of his tactics or because the players weren,t good enough , surely one or the other !!did he explain why a striker , top goal scorer in the league last season , and who as scored 10 this season, nearley more than the rest of the team put together cant start a game.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 am

Nobby - sorry I did not phrase that too well. Irving explained how he became to be part of the club. He became part of the club due to Simon being here.

Hoping to complete the Wetherby road stand in the summer.

Think Ged minuted the meeting so you will be able to read what was said.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:10 am

Well, with regards to the Simon/Irving being a duo situation, the majority of fans would have gathered that anyway. I'm not a fan of the setup, as it is a very unique setup, but at least they have officially come out and stated it anyway that if one goes, they both go.

With regards to the full time model, it would make sense, if utilised with younger players on decent wages (within the clubs' financial range).

I'm glad he's admitted that the big names/big wages hasnt worked out. In all honesty, I think he has struggled to deal with the majority of those big name players. At least with the younger players, they are more willing to follow instructions given, as has been proven in the last 3 games.

When it comes to results, performances etc.....we all want the club to be successful on the pitch as it is off the pitch, but in all honesty, i'm not particularly fussed about the result as long as every player gives 100% each and every time and leaves it all on the pitch. If they put 100% in at all times, in every performance, the results will look after themselves.

I think that come the end of this season, he needs to rip the current squad apart, and totally rebuild, placing the focus on younger players who can be developed.

Sounded like a positive meeting, but I will pass judgement when I see the minutes, but dont be counting on me to be jumping back on the Weaver bandwagon anytime soon.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:38 am

I guess this is what we really already knew, Simon would have gone long ago otherwise. Now, as Town supporters, all we can do is to get behind the team and wish the manager well, he is staying whether he does well or poorly so we might as well wish him well! Not sure there is any longer any point in boycotting games (those of you who are doing it), its not going to achieve anything, and all you are doing is not watching your favourite team! I'm not pretending I'm happy with this, but it is as it is, so lets get on with it and get behind the team.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:47 am

I'm just hoping that I win the Euromillions so I can buy Irving out. Wink Wink

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:13 pm

paulstreet wrote:I guess this is what we really already knew, Simon would have gone long ago otherwise. Now, as Town supporters, all we can do is to get behind the team and wish the manager well, he is staying whether he does well or poorly so we might as well wish him well!  Not sure there is any longer any point in boycotting games (those of you who are doing it), its not going to achieve anything, and all you are doing is not watching your favourite team!  I'm not pretending I'm happy with this, but it is as it is, so lets get on with it and get behind the team.

I know that one of your questions was asked Paul but I can't remember which one.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm

paulstreet wrote:I guess this is what we really already knew, Simon would have gone long ago otherwise. Now, as Town supporters, all we can do is to get behind the team and wish the manager well, he is staying whether he does well or poorly so we might as well wish him well!  Not sure there is any longer any point in boycotting games (those of you who are doing it), its not going to achieve anything, and all you are doing is not watching your favourite team!  I'm not pretending I'm happy with this, but it is as it is, so lets get on with it and get behind the team.
    well you can't expect anything to ever change giving them such an easy ride. Q&A was totally pointless I think we're going to go round and round in circles for ever if I'm being honest. last weeks result was terrible by the way but nobody seems to fussed. tomorrow is another no lose situation for the manager because if we lose it won't be a surprise and if we win he'll get another hero's welcome until the next time it all goes belly up. crazy what we're all putting up with
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:54 am

I agree totally. The whole situation is ridiculous. All the Q&A did was to confirm what we all suspected; that the club is Irving's expensive toy for his son to play at being a football manager.
    edwingray

Post by edwingray Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Was the question asked whether he would ever consider selling the club?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:10 am