Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
nobby99
TheNeil29
trevdee
town supporter
paulstreet
KatSwinn
TownUltra
yorkiebar
thetallaccountant
V'
14 posters

Fans Q&A confirmed

Fans Q&A confirmed Empty Fans Q&A confirmed

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Garry Plant has just posted this on the Facebook Supporters Club group

Notice re Q&A with the club, as already planned and previously advised, will be notified on the club web site shortly, early Feb for season ticket holders and supporter club members. If you are neither and want to be there time to join !
    V'
    V'

Fans Q&A confirmed Empty Re: Fans Q&A confirmed

Post by V' Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:14 pm

How much is it to become a member

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:19 pm

V' wrote:How much is it to become a member

£10 - but to you, £15 ;-)
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:24 pm

So why aren't supporters who pay £12 a week welcome?
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Interesting that this announcement has come 48 hours after the Advertiser reporting the events at Guiseley...
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:12 pm

oh so my wise words to Irving did sink in then!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:18 am

nobby99 wrote:So why aren't supporters who pay £12 a week welcome?
    good point,
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:24 am

nobby99 wrote:So why aren't supporters who pay £12 a week welcome?

So awkward nob heads like me don't attend. The headlines have probably already been written 'fans appeased by clear the air talks'

Wonder how many are bought off this time round?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:02 am

TS always better to talk in person to real people than to just put thoughts on here that don't seem to go anywhere? = Some chance of change and improvement vs nothing.

As I've said before there I think that there should be a regular fans communication channel to the club to raise points and make input and change and improvement and I will make this point. At a minimum I think that a fans liaison gathers fans thoughts on a monthly basis and then puts this to the club for answers and then feeds back.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 am

TownUltra wrote:TS always better to talk in person to real people than to just put thoughts on here that don't seem to go anywhere? = Some chance of change and improvement vs nothing.

As I've said before there I think that there should be a regular fans communication channel to the club to raise points and make input and change and improvement and I will make this point. At a minimum I think that a fans liaison gathers fans thoughts on a monthly basis and then puts this to the club for answers and then feeds back.

You clearly didn't attend the last q and a session
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 am

TownUltra wrote:TS always better to talk in person to real people than to just put thoughts on here that don't seem to go anywhere? = Some chance of change and improvement vs nothing.

And precisely what has improved since the last q and a session - I'd love to know
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:27 pm

If anything, its gone backwards. But the non members should PM questions to someone who will be attending.

We will just get fed a load of **** anyway as they don't give a ****. They lost the fans. This Q & A is ****** pointless.
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Looks like it will be on Weds 11 Feb with the Weavers & John McDermott. Details to follow
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:34 am

Kat, this Q & A will not do anything to appease the fans, and any fans who are appeased by being fed a few lines of bull**** are just in fact, deluded idiots. There is no way back for the Chuckle Brothers now. None, in my eyes. And if daddy has to take his money with him, then so be it.

Everyone knows what change(s) need to be made, and I will give you a hint...(it's removing the Weavers (preferably not Irving, but if needs must), Macca and Plank from our club...)

That is the only way the situation will improve.

Wonder how much security they will have at the fans Q&A? Probably the same number as at the Hednesford game, bunch of ****** cowards.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:56 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Kat, this Q & A will not do anything to appease the fans, and any fans who are appeased by being fed a few lines of bull**** are just in fact, deluded idiots. There is no way back for the Chuckle Brothers now. None, in my eyes. And if daddy has to take his money with him, then so be it.

Everyone knows what change(s) need to be made, and I will give you a hint...(it's removing the Weavers (preferably not Irving, but if needs must), Macca and Plank from our club...)

That is the only way the situation will improve.

Wonder how much security they will have at the fans Q&A? Probably the same number as at the Hednesford game, bunch of ****** cowards.

To be fair Neil, during the conversation with Irving at Guiseley, I did say that the fans were wanting a Q&A and he said that this would be arranged. I did however say that it should have been arranged some time ago as some fans had already been lost.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:25 pm

He has lost more than some fans. The attendance last Saturday is quite telling.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:51 pm

I'll be in London on the 11th, darn it. I hope someone will ask Irving if he has considered the Simon as Director of Football option, and, if not, why not? Maybe ask Simon, does he feel he has been a success as a manager and, if so, tell the audience why, why are the club so resistant to bringing in someone to help? Maybe someone would be brave enough to ask Irving: are there ANY circs. under which you would dismiss Simon? Most fans think this season has been a disaster, what do they think?
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Enough is enough - keep turning up and you remind me of victims of domestic abuse that you so often read about  - hoping the tormentor will see the error of their ways and change when in reality that will never happen.  

Nobby is right - non attendance sends out a strong message - Irving's business plan is based on 700 plus fans turning up so don't think supporters not turning up won't make a difference.  The weavers don't deserve our support.  A meeting with a few supporters,  stage managed and with the headlines already written ain't gonna make a jot of difference.  

Hopefully see a few of you at railway on Saturday ...
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am

I doubt anyone will be allowed to fire questions at Irving, it will be more of a case of writing your question down and handing it to Ged who will then probably hand pick some out.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:20 am

Will the club confirm that it is open questions. No point if not. Especially as they have made it members only.....what % of fans does that reduce it to!!!!! Should be open to all.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 am

I think it should be open to all as well. If the club are going to try and get us back on board, an open forum would be better.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:39 am

It's the timescale aswell, in a month ! It should be this week if they were going to seriously address the issues. In a months time for a selected few suggests a carefully controlled fobbing off/PR job and no changes.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:57 pm

I say just turn up anyway without membership
    Given some of the actions of the club recently they are not deserving if our members fee nor would i want them anywhere near my details.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 pm

got a hell of a lot to answer for
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm

paulstreet wrote:I'll be in London on the 11th, darn it. I hope someone will ask Irving if he has considered the Simon as Director of Football option, and, if not, why not?  Maybe ask Simon, does he feel he has been a success as a manager and, if so, tell the audience why, why are the club so resistant to bringing in someone to help?  Maybe someone would be brave enough to ask Irving: are there ANY circs. under which you would dismiss Simon? Most fans think this season has been a disaster, what do they think?  
    daft idea. that just fudges the issue making him a director of football, like he would not interfere and still try to dictate players we sign and team selections and that. it would still be weaver in charge just in another guise probably with some puppet manager in place. GET RID altogether I say

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:56 pm