Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
nobby99
Martin L
ultimate warrior
nztownfan
paulstreet
Dark Knight
Innocent Bystander
Townfan
TheNeil29
CCOB
Championship Manager
Gareth192001
16 posters

Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him? Empty Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him?

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 am

I see Cartman got a hat-trick against Salford City (no less) on Saturday. Doesn't that make 25 goals now in less than half a season, which is pretty spectacular, regardless of the level. I know Rail have (very wisely) got him under contract, but other clubs must surely be taking an interest. A decent transfer fee to Rail and a good contract for Cartman is surely worth considering??
    Gareth192001

Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him? Empty Re: Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him?

Post by Gareth192001 Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 am

I thought he had a contract at harrogate town already
    CCOB

Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him? Empty Re: Nathan Cartman...any chance of signing him?

Post by CCOB Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am

Played for us 2nd game of this season away at BPA. I thought he was registered with us & can play for us if required with Railways permission & if he wants to?
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:33 pm

I honestly hope that he comes nowhere near Harrogate Town while Weaver is in charge. First game he'd start on the bench, second he'd start on the wing then by the fourth game he'd be back at Railway for not scoring enough.

Cartman is a rare talent at lower league level, strength on the ball and the ability to get in the positions that 90% of players at this level would struggle to understand. I hope he sees out this season with Railway (which I think he will) and then gets a chance higher up. Aspin was watching the Salford v Railway game when Cartman bagged a hat-trick so i'd hope something along those lines would happen.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:53 pm

He's already been near Harrogate Town with Weaver in charge, played for us away at BPA this season & also played for us last season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Don't know the ins and outs of this, but he has now signed a contract for Rail, which (I assume) means his dual registration no longer applies. we would either have to sign him and pay Rail a fee, or take him on loan. He does seem to have moved up a level since that BPA game, and his goal scoring is phenomenal. My plan: pay Rail a £5000 transfer fee and give Nathan £300/400 a week till the end of the season, see how it goes.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Any good?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:22 pm

I like Forrest, thought he did Ok for us last season. I'd certainly have him for the squad, if it was up to me...which it isn't!
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:20 pm

CCOB wrote:He's already been near Harrogate Town with Weaver in charge, played for us away at BPA this season & also played for us last season.

Sorry I probably didn't word my post properly but what you have put proves the point. He played the second half of last seasons friendly against Leeds and in my opinion looked very good, played half of the next away game and then was never seen again. This season he's played 45 mins against BPA, hardly giving him a chance to shine. But then I guess Simon's such a good judge of player and knows how to put a squad together that we should all trust his judgement................
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:23 pm

paulstreet wrote:Don't know the ins and outs of this, but he has now signed a contract for Rail, which (I assume) means his dual registration no longer applies. we would either have to sign him and pay Rail a fee, or take him on loan. He does seem to have moved up a level since that BPA game, and his goal scoring is phenomenal. My plan: pay Rail a £5000 transfer fee and give Nathan £300/400 a week till the end of the season, see how it goes.

If he came back here all that would happen is that he'd become the back up to Wally and he deserves more than that.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 pm

I think Nathan is destined for things way bigger than Harrogate Town. He will have his pick of teams come the end of the season, and it wouldnt be a surprise to me if a full pro club come calling.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:Any good?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gone to Gainsborough Trinity
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Cartman got another hat-trick for Railway today.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Top scorer in the Premier Division is a certain Liam Hardy and top scorer in the First Division North is Nathan Cartman (with ten more then anyone else)
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:21 pm

The CNG is fast becoming the Graveyard of Dreams
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 am

ANOTHER hat trick! His goal scoring was incredible before Saturday, now its verging on the uncanny. Still think we ought to try and sign him, although I agree our manager would probably put a stop to his goal scoring in his usual inimitable manner, poor old Ryan Kendall has already suffered the 'curse of Weaver' this season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 am

Crikey! Two more goals Monday night (only the League Cup, even so). 29 goals now, not even December. This is quite unbelievable.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

He really is in astounding form. We should really be making a move for him, on the proviso that a few of our players can go there on loan (they already have Matt Heath and Luke Dean!)

However, I do think that Nathan Cartman would refuse a move back to Harrogate Town because of how he was treated last time (not given much of a chance to show what he could do), regardless of the size of contract offered. He would come back, play a few games as a starter, and if he didnt score, would be left on the bench, then out of the matchday 16, then pumped back to Railway on dual registration.

We arent the only club interested, and there are clubs in Railway's league who would be willing to pay him more than what we could. i.e Salford, Darlo to name 2.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Apparently he didnt like his time at Harrogate Town, and isnt leaving Railway because in his words "is enjoying his football again."

Dont blame him either.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 pm

I'd be very surprised if he came back, very surprised. I just don't see it happening.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Bad day for Nathan on Saturday, only scored once! Rail up to 9th. Strange days indeed.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am

Billy Miller is a fantastic coach. I have said it before and I will say it again! I could actually see Railway sneaking into the playoffs this year, which is crazy!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm

The situation with Nathan is this. He will not come back to Harrogate Town, regardless of how much money they throw at him. The reason he wont come back is because of the way he was treated when he was at the club previously.

He is enjoying his football at Railway, and I believe he may be the top goalscorer in English football, so why would he want to come back to a football club, who is managed by someone who is totally incompetent, in more ways than one. I'd be very surprised if we seen him in a Town shirt, ever again.

But finally what makes me happy is that in Nathan, they have a footballer who puts happiness before money. He wont be short of offers, thats for certain. Some of the players on the big bucks would do well to take a page out of Nathan's book.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 pm

paulstreet wrote:Bad day for Nathan on Saturday, only scored once!  Rail up to 9th. Strange days indeed.
    Got another last night in the 7-1 win over Frickley Athletic.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:30 am

Blimey, I'll have to read about that, Frickley are a league above them. Rail seem to have gone crazy at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 am