Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
TheTown
sulphurite
edwingray
YoungStato123
8 posters

Nathan Jarman

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Nathan Jarman Empty Nathan Jarman

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Was on trial today with us Number 10. Guess that signals are intentions to replace Liam Hardy who lasted 1 game possibly? Good signing if we get him as there has been an offer on the plate for Jarman from Corby.
    edwingray

Nathan Jarman Empty Re: Nathan Jarman

Post by edwingray Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:42 am

I always signed him on loan in FM and he scored loads of goals to get me promoted Very Happy
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:51 am

Spent a couple of seasons at Grimsby, released in May this year.

Seems like a bit of a fiery player, his last game for Grimsby he came on as sub in the 80th minute and got a Red card 10 minutes later!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder what has happened to Liam Hardy?
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 pm

According to this

he played again for Armthorpe Welfare again last week. Seems strange. Why would we buy him and then send him back? Weaver seemed very keen on him after he had signed him and if you look at the player news forum I posted in there at the start of the month he was back on trial at Doncaster Rovers. Press officer job to surely tell us whats happening??
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:12 pm

TheTown wrote:According to this

he played again for Armthorpe Welfare again last week. Seems strange. Why would we buy him and then send him back? Weaver seemed very keen on him after he had signed him and if you look at the player news forum I posted in there at the start of the month he was back on trial at Doncaster Rovers. Press officer job to surely tell us whats happening??

Just had a look on the Town website and I am unable to find the news article regarding the signing of Liam hardy, wondered if he had dual registration or whether we signed him outright?

Tried the search facility, but that was not working either?

Hope we have signed him as he certainly looked promising, but, I guess we have to trust Weavers judgment on who stays and who goes.
    Seems to be doing a far better job than last season, so far.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:41 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    TheTown wrote:According to this

Just had a look on the Town website and I am unable to find the news article regarding the signing of Liam hardy, wondered if he had dual registration or whether we signed him outright?

Tried the search facility, but that was not working either?

Hope we have signed him as he certainly looked promising, but, I guess we have to trust Weavers judgment on who stays and who goes.
    Seems to be doing a far better job than last season, so far.

Have you not heard of Google sulphrite!? type "Liam Hardy Harrogate Town" and up it comes...

And I'm all for a fresh start and looking ahead to the new season but trusting Weavers judgement? We were all following that last year and lets be honest, I know I know tight budget blah blah blah, but there were very few successes bar probably Adam Nowakowski who was already at the club.

On a side note I know we've signed Roma to play right back this season but Weaver said at the start of July we were retaining Jon Maloney - not played so far in pre season - anyone know if he's injured or left the club?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Jon Maloney is still at the club, was on the retained list in the advertiser and on the Town website. Jon has been injured i believe, but Roma is looking very strong at the moment. Also see Matt Bloomer was retained but he cant get into are team can he? Weve got 2 huge centre backs this season, very impressed with how the squad is getting together. Especially if we sign Jarman, think he will crack it in this league. And i also sign him on fm!
    town

Post by town Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm

So Weaver says he will have to sit down and "see if we can compete with Corby" yet according to Jarman "I've been offered a great deal by Corby but Harrogate have said they'll blow that out of the water"

TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 am

Interesting...

Total contrast from last year where we struggled to compete with anyone financially, yet now we can offer £100 more PER WEEK!!!! than a fellow club. Assume it's Daddy Weaver's money as with the extra coaching staff, press officer and players we've already bought in money must be coming from somewhere - and been no major sponsorship announcement or anything from the club. Not that I'm complaining, millionaire backing aint a bad thing as long as the club doesnt become a plaything for the Weaver family.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:48 am

TheTown wrote:Have you not heard of Google sulphrite!? type "Liam Hardy Harrogate Town" and up it comes...

As it happens, Yes I have, it seemed the quickest way of searching at the time, I did not know that it was not working.

Thanks for the advice anyway, oh by the way, it's Sulphurite, for future reference.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 am

We shouldnt be complaining about this, we should be enjoying this! Weve offered Jarman £100 more than Corby Town, achievement!
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:31 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    TheTown wrote:Have you not heard of Google sulphrite!? type "Liam Hardy Harrogate Town" and up it comes...

As it happens, Yes I have, it seemed the quickest way of searching at the time, I did not know that it was not working.

Thanks for the advice anyway, oh by the way, it's Sulphurite, for future reference.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Haha alright sorry, SulphUrite - despite the oops faces its actually caused me very little embarrassment.

Twas no personal attack, but come on not exactly hard to find out the info you wanted was it.

Still no word on whats happened to Hardy anyway, assume if we are chasing Jarman we wont be having five strikers and he's gone/going
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

TheTown wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:

Haha alright sorry, SulphUrite - despite the oops faces its actually caused me very little embarrassment.

Twas no personal attack, but come on not exactly hard to find out the info you wanted was it.

Still no word on whats happened to Hardy anyway, assume if we are chasing Jarman we wont be having five strikers and he's gone/going

Just to clarify, I never said I could not find the information, merely stating that the required news was unavailable on the official website.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm

sulphurite wrote:Just to clarify, I never said I could not find the information, merely stating that the required news was unavailable on the official website.

Sulphurite like I said nothing personal but you did did say you couldn't find it if you look above...

sulphurite wrote:Just had a look on the Town website and I am unable to find the news article regarding the signing of Liam hardy, wondered if he had dual registration or whether we signed him outright?

It WAS on the official website. There is more news on it than just the five story news feed at the top. It was meant as a passing comment if you or anyone struggling to find announcement of signing, because town website doesnt really have search facility, better to use google.

Anyway as I'm sure everyone is bored of this lets hope to hear some good Jarman news over next few days.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Jarmans signed for Corby Sad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 am

It is a bit of a dissapointment, but if the rumours are true about the wages, it just goes to show that sometimes, money doesnt talk after all.

We have a strong enough squad now to easily be top half/playoffs at a push. So, hopefully, we will have a lot more happy days at WR this season.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:20 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:It is a bit of a dissapointment, but if the rumours are true about the wages, it just goes to show that sometimes, money doesnt talk after all.

We have a strong enough squad now to easily be top half/playoffs at a push. So, hopefully, we will have a lot more happy days at WR this season.

Thing is, do we know if weaver wanted him or not?

it's possible that the coaching staff may think we already have better players than Jarman?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:04 pm

I suspect that could be the case: Armstrong, Ellington, Hardy, Savory, Philips, maybe Wright...there SHOULD be goals amongst that lot!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 pm

paulstreet wrote:I suspect that could be the case: Armstrong, Ellington, Hardy, Savory, Philips, maybe Wright...there SHOULD be goals amongst that lot!

There has been goals in pre-season. The great thing is we are scoring from all positions, last night 3 goals 3 different players.

Previously, goals have come from Dom Roma and Bowey etc.

Really does make a change to have the scoring options we have now.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Glad we're chasing what looks like some more quality players but surely with Armstrong, Ellington, Hardy, Savory we already have four strikers? With another one that would mean sitting 3 on the bench each week I dont think is going to make them happy! Or does anyone know if Savory is on non-contract terms like Hardy was earlier on in the summer?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am