Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+28
GARAGE
Town Lishke
V'
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
WGHT
ViewfromtheMoor
CaulfieldR67
TownUltra
trevdee
Dark Knight
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TownTommo
Harry O
nobby99
Chips97
pontifex532
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
pie and chips
Gareth192001
nztownfan
Richards
thetallaccountant
developer1
rangerider
Town youth
32 posters

Weaver needs to go

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Weaver needs to go - Page 6 Empty Re: Weaver needs to go

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:16 pm

nobby99 wrote: He may have some agenda
    Second time that's come up in 24 hours and I've had it slung at me loads but as I've said repeatedly I have no agenda whatsoever, I'm just sick of my town being taken for a ride. All of this goes beyond just results, sometimes in football you have to live with bad times but I've always said right from the off that a father chairman/son manager set up is practically unworkable. Irving said himself when he got into it that it wasn't the best situation (but he happily went along with it anyway and we all know why) yet here we are 5 YEARS later when it's now obvious to absolutely everyone that it just isn't going to work. Simon is the luckiest man if football, he has a job with absolutely no accountability and incredibly he still has 6 or 7 hundred people willing to hand over their hard earned money each week to watch his incompetent garbage. When will this end? Evil or Very Mad
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Harry O wrote:I agree 100% with DK. I am voting with my feet as well. I am certainly not going back as long as the Weavers are there.  We know there will never be just one weaver so it may be a long time before I see town again, but I am not frittering my pension away watching incompetence.
    Sorry to here that Harry. It's our older support I have the most sympathy for. They are all waiting desperately for something that is never going to happen under Simon's management and the stubborn mule is going to drag this out as long as he can all because he's still in his thirties and fancies himself as a top flight manager.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

If, once in a while, Simon or Irving came out and said that what THEY were doing hasn't worked, acknowledged that they need to do better and showed some remorse once in a while, they might have a few more of us still onboard but all we usually get is nothing but contempt, particularly from Irving. And also if there were any actual evidence that Simon has the competency to be a football manager then all of this might be easier to swallow but the fact is when he had no budget he struggled, when he had a bit of a budget he struggled and with a competitive budget he has struggled. His record is pretty consistent, he wins about a third of his games and loses about half. After 5 years he can no longer play the "learning his trade" card. If he ain't showing any signs of life after five years then he surely never will. Anyone who still thinks this ugly duckling will transform into a swan probably needs sectioning. In fact isn't his managerial "career" simply mirroring his playing career? Never Quite Made It will probably be his epitaph. Unfortunately for us, where he had nowhere to hide during his playing days and was moved on by others like a journeyman, here at Town we are well and truly lumbered with him. It stinks. Well they've had their fun and rolled their last dice. The experiment has failed and we the guinea pigs have had enough. Time to go.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:29 pm

The only thing we can cling to is that Weaver Jr starts to realise that his prolonged failure just ensure that the longer he clings to his role the more it makes a future role as a manger at another club disappear.

He will already have made a 'name' for himself and the unnatural environment that has led to his prolonged 5 years of underachievement will preceed him.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    nobby99 wrote: He may have some agenda
    Second time that's come up in 24 hours and I've had it slung at me loads but as I've said repeatedly I have no agenda whatsoever, I'm just sick of my town being taken for a ride. All of this goes beyond just results, sometimes in football you have to live with bad times but I've always said right from the off that a father chairman/son manager set up is practically unworkable. Irving said himself when he got into it that it wasn't the best situation (but he happily went along with it anyway and we all know why) yet here we are 5 YEARS later when it's now obvious to absolutely everyone that it just isn't going to work. Simon is the luckiest man if football, he has a job with absolutely no accountability and incredibly he still has 6 or 7 hundred people willing to hand over their hard earned money each week to watch his incompetent garbage. When will this end? Evil or Very Mad

Well I guess you have agenda DK - same as the the rest of us and nothing wrong with that i.e. Pissed off with the inbred shambles that is HTFC. (Nice new stand and levelish pitch you have to admit, but it's all a bit academic).
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Harry O wrote:I agree 100% with DK. I am voting with my feet as well. I am certainly not going back as long as the Weavers are there.  We know there will never be just one weaver so it may be a long time before I see town again, but I am not frittering my pension away watching incompetence.

I suggest you take your feet down to Station View; there is some brilliant football being played there lately with a team that is motivated and well managed.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:10 pm

nobby99 wrote:Well I guess you have agenda DK - same as the the rest of us and nothing wrong with that  i.e.  Pissed off with the inbred shambles that is HTFC.  (Nice new stand and levelish pitch you have to admit, but it's all a bit academic).
    To be honest Nobby, for me personally it goes beyond the football club itself. It embarrasses Harrogate as a town. It says to the world that our town's footballing heritage and credentials are so low and bleak that we're happy to accept someone using our club in this way. I'm struggling to think of another place in Britain who would have so willingly allowed this to continue pretty much unchallenged and unquestioned.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:51 pm

People keep saying that Simon's a nice guy but his actions show he's actually a massive jerk. If he had any respect for the club, this town or his father he would fall on his sword.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:38 pm

As one of those who has made the 'nice guy' comment many times, I agree with you DK. It must take an incredible brass neck, lack of shame, lack of self awareness, lack of humility and utter contempt for the fans (and, you are right, the town of Harrogate itself), to just carry on and on and on... And, I'm afraid, the same has to be said for the father. Why does he never address the supporters via the media or the programme, like 99% of Chairmen do?
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:03 pm

paulstreet wrote:As one of those who has made the 'nice guy' comment many times, I agree with you DK. It must take an incredible brass neck, lack of shame, lack of self awareness, lack of humility and utter contempt for the fans (and, you are right, the town of Harrogate itself), to just carry on and on and on... And, I'm afraid, the same has to be said for the father. Why does he never address the supporters via the media or the programme, like 99% of Chairmen do?  

We all know the reason why, the thing is we have a local fixture coming up on Boxing day no doubt it will be a good gate (sod all left to do on Boxing day) and they will bring quite a few then it will go downhill at a rapid pace and gates in January/February the coldest months will be struggling to get 200 (a lot of them will have season tickets so they have already paid) i'm afraid things are not going to get any better with these two clowns in charge of the team but i wouldn't be surprised at something happening in January, yes we might get a good result here and there but it will be too little to late the season is finished we are a laughing stock the fans don't deserve the rubbish being served up from this club and we all know who is to blame
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:36 pm

paulstreet wrote:As one of those who has made the 'nice guy' comment many times, I agree with you DK. It must take an incredible brass neck, lack of shame, lack of self awareness, lack of humility and utter contempt for the fans (and, you are right, the town of Harrogate itself), to just carry on and on and on... And, I'm afraid, the same has to be said for the father. Why does he never address the supporters via the media or the programme, like 99% of Chairmen do?  
    Many parents find it hard to see fault in their children. I suspect that Simon makes his excuses and Irving accepts them and goes along with Simon's mantra that it's always somebody else's fault. I also suspect that Irving and Simon genuinely believe they are doing a great job and that it's only a matter of time before things turn and it all starts going their way (I certainly sense that from their disciples like Plank and Baloney). Until there is some serious pressure put on them by the regular support I reckon they have thick enough skins to hold out for however long that takes. I honestly think if nothing changes, if the local media and fans don't start calling them out, as long as the gates hold relatively well, that another 10 years of this charade wouldn't be out of the question to them. I could even see Simon surviving relegation and can already imagine his battle cry "I took us down so it's up to me to put us back into the Conference North next season"!!! I don't think there are any circumstances when the Weavers will admit defeat or the possibility that somebody else could do a better job.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 pm

People like that, especially silver spoon fed spoilt brats like Simon are only used to getting their own way....This situation will be very confusing to them so you are right because the plank will firmly be lodging his wedge right where the son don't shine filling them full of verbal shite...........If the Weaver's went the plank knows he can no longer cream their buns and would be out of a job.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:44 pm

So I'm sat here on Christmas day escaping the chaos for a moment or two and my mother, bless her soul, came bearing gifts as usual as well as this week's advertiser! Now I'd been warned in another thread about Simon's latest bleatings but I genuinely cannot believe what I am reading.

What an absolute disgrace. What a total joke. Is this guy for real? EVERYONE should be absolutely fuming. Seriously just read the back page and his column. I can't even bring myself to dissect them on here it's so utterly appalling and shameless.

People have accused me of wanting Town to lose in the past which is completely untrue but I have to say reading this latest load of codswallop has made my blood boil so much I'm starting to wonder if it really might be for the best if things get worse, much worse. It's the only way we'll see the back of this completely repugnant and reprehensible individual.

Anyone wasting their time and money whilst this ridiculous scenario is allowed to continue is simply out of their mind and has no self respect.

Simon Weaver you are an absolute disgrace.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh and a newspaper would not allow his comments to go unquestioned, they'd nail his nutsack to the wall. Instead the advertiser seems to be propagating and endorsing the manager's insane tripe. What a hopeless predicament.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:16 pm

And what's more, he's a scruffy tw*t. Get a shave Simon you tramp.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Don't forget.....'YOU won't get US out the club'.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:57 pm

One thing's for sure, when they've finished here nobody will touch them with a barge pole, money or not.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Does anybody know what happened to Chris Hall? Poor guy, his leg must be about healed now?
    CaulfieldR67

Post by CaulfieldR67 Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:29 pm

JordanF wrote:Don't forget.....'YOU won't get US out the club'.

Sorry, but how can I take what you say seriously when you was so drunk that you was lucky Guiseley did not ring the Police and have you arrested?

Bringing my kids to the Club on Sunday to be greeted by BOUNCERS? Friendly chaps though. That's a true reflection on you and your antics in the Club House after the game on New Years Day.

How about a bit of balance on here? Poor Jordan I just read further down, POOR JORDAN? Stop getting so drunk and start remembering this is a family club and ruining our away support reputation with other clubs, fans getting ejected for being so drunk they are confronting the manager in the dugout during a game? What happened to last seasons away support? we enjoyed a beer, I even came on the coach 3 times last season, none of this happened.

I refuse to bring my U9's and U11's to any more games as mascots now because I do not want them to be met by drunks!

Sort yourself out before attacking our club. Disgrace.

The players need our support now more than ever and I want to be able to bring my team of kids down to the CNG and enjoy a game, mascot the players and shout for town. The best thing you all can do now is shout your support for the team, even if you do not back the manager, back the team, back your club, stop getting pissed every single match!

Thank you to Harrogate Town, Garry, Mike, Simon and Macca, Thank you to Matt Heath and his coaching advice, Thank you to the players who spent time signing posters for all the kids and thank you to the stewards who looked after us during the game.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 pm

TownUltra wrote:Does anybody know what happened to Chris Hall? Poor guy, his leg must be about healed now?
    I don't know but I doubt Simon cares.
    CaulfieldR67 wrote:

I refuse to bring my U9's and U11's to any more games as mascots now because I do not want them to be met by drunks!

But convicted criminals...that's ok eh?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:26 pm

It's the Weavers who have created this climate, not the fans, who have finally snapped.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 pm

CaulfieldR67 wrote:

Sorry, but how can I take what you say seriously when you was so drunk that you was lucky Guiseley did not ring the Police and have you arrested?

Bringing my kids to the Club on Sunday to be greeted by BOUNCERS? Friendly chaps though. That's a true reflection on you and your antics in the Club House after the game on New Years Day.

How about a bit of balance on here? Poor Jordan I just read further down, POOR JORDAN? Stop getting so drunk and start remembering this is a family club and ruining our away support reputation with other clubs, fans getting ejected for being so drunk they are confronting the manager in the dugout during a game? What happened to last seasons away support? we enjoyed a beer, I even came on the coach 3 times last season, none of this happened.

Sort yourself out before attacking our club. Disgrace.

I take it by this you were present in the clubhouse?

Perhaps you could remind me what happened given I was that drunk I probably won't remember. In my drunken state, I can recall have a conversation with Irving, who was clearly frustrated with what is happening. I would say the conversation was a success given that he agreed a Q&A with supporters club members would be a benefit. We advised of our concerns regarding the Killock situation. Irving advised that Killock had not been performing to the standards expected and came to Simon saying he wanted first team football. He explained that Shiels had been lined up weeks before Killock was allowed to go to Guiseley. We explained that it seemed to the fans that our club captain and a fans favourite had been loaned out to potentially a play off rival which resulted in Shiels been brought it (who I think has done a great job). Concern was also expressed at the clubs current league position given the quality of the squad at Simon's disposal.

At this point Simon presented himself and asked his dad if he was ok. Irving said he was however Simon then started to question our support. I said that as a fan, and a fan who has only missed four games home and away this season, I should be entitled to an opinion and that I felt with the squad we have we were under achieving. Simon called me a ****** liar and that I had not attended all those games. Speight seemed to have a problem too and decided to continue it in to the car park - I think that this is a fairly accurate reflection given my drunk state after 4 pints!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:40 pm

TownUltra wrote:Does anybody know what happened to Chris Hall? Poor guy, his leg must be about healed now?

I was speaking with Ash earlier in the season. He said that he still keeps in contact with Chris and that the injury was likely to keep him out for 12 months.

I think it is very unlikely that we will see him at Harrogate again, but would be great if we did. A great guy who always put 100% in.
    ViewfromtheMoor

Post by ViewfromtheMoor Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:04 pm

CaulfieldR67 wrote:

Cobblers! I'm pleased to confirm that I am secretary of GAFC Supporters Club and was the bloke who told Jordan that our clubhouse was NOT the forum to be taking the Weavers to task and to take it outside. He was NOT "so drunk that you was <sic> lucky Guiseley did not ring the Police and have you arrested" just very, very annoyed with what he'd seen, so don't talk bollox. I wonder if you even came in to the clubhouse after the match?

IMO Irving and Simon really do not give a toss about the fans and Speight really did show his true colours as a convicted thug. I speak as a non-league fan, not a GAFC fan, you understand. Weaver has lost a) his dressing room and b) the fans. Time to go - bye, bye.

We got rid of Steve Kittrick when he became a liability - shame you can't do the same coz of those who think the sun shine out of Irving's arse - you would DEFINITELY be better off without him. At least you could employ a half-decent manger...

Next stop - Evo-Stick League

I really wish I'd video'd it.... i WAS there!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Fantastic post Mr Moor. Thank you.

The lack of perspective and the very pointed nature of defecting the blame at Jordan, who i stood near and can also confirm was not 'so drunk, just smacks of an almost Craig like smear. Best set of comebacks to utterly contrived bs from Moor and Jordan i have seen in a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:18 pm