Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
Martin L
paulstreet
gedmaloney
trevdee
Big Lundy
Dark Knight
TownUltra
11 posters

Town Ultra's League Prediction for the Rest of the Season

gedmaloney

Town Ultra's League Prediction for the Rest of the Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Town Ultra's League Prediction for the Rest of the Season

Post by gedmaloney Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm

TownUltra wrote:Personally my feelings are that if you want to be downbeat / realistic about Town's chances then there is no problem with that.

I don't see anybody having a swipe at anybody for saying their opinions?

Me I'm always optimistic in any situation bad, indifferent or good. For me that helps me to believe that whatever situation I'm in it can improve / be better. Other people might be more suited to being more downbeat to be able to take disappointment more easily when it comes and that is fine.

I do though think that both optimism/ positivity and being downbeat/ negativity is contagious. I think that it's good to be positive if it makes other people happy/ spreads positivity makes everybody more upbeat/ motivated/ more likely to come to games/ more likely to play better. I know that when i read downbeat stuff about Town's chances it makes me feel more downbeat and depresses me. Fine if that's how people want to be but for me, I will always believe in making the best out of every situation and possibility. Just the way that I am. We are all brethren. There are not many Town fans in the World and we should take comfort in the fact that we all love and cherish the same thing. We are tribe. Doesn't mean to say I agree with everything that you post/ or should you with what I say.

COME ON TOWN- NOW LETS BEAT HEDNESFORD SO WE CAN GO WILD AND BE RIGHT BACK IN IT.

Bloody 'ell - bang on the money Town Ultra and with the two opposing views it is sometimes difficult to believe " we dream the same dream, we want the same thing" (sorry Belinda) but we actually do, which is why I don't have an issue with opposing views. cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 
    ps. where did you study psychology?? Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Town Ultra's League Prediction for the Rest of the Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Town Ultra's League Prediction for the Rest of the Season

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 pm

TownUltra wrote:I don't see anybody having a swipe at anybody for saying their opinions?
    Oh it's there all right. Everytime we get a big result or string two wins together someone chimes in. There've been accusations of people being happy when we lose and after Saturday someone chipped in with some barb about "Simon haters".

It's not about being upbeat or downbeat, half empty of half full pint glasses. And that's not really the argument. It's about sensible analysis and debate of viewpoints.

I'm all for positive thinking but not if it sometimes means burying your head in the sand.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:17 pm

To be fair DK somebody did say they'd rather us get demoted to the NPL than have the Weaver's in charge- that would infer that they would want us to lose as you have to lose to get demoted- unless you're Railway V' as there aren't any divs below Railway. I don't want us to be in the NPL. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt as being delirious at the time.

You could also argue that if it is okay for people to be critical of the Weaver regime that is also equally okay for people to be positive about the Weaver regime. What we shouldn't do is have a go personally at each other for having an opinion.

I propose we form a Town police, every time somebody has a go at somebody personally for having an opinion that we hire in an enforcer type person who goes round to their house and sits on their head for 30 mins until they see the error of their ways. Or alternatively forced them to go and watch Railway for 30 mins (V'- Salford 2 nil must have been a real laugh).

Problem solved.

For all those considering going positive here is my argument:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You get to live longer apparently, I'm here for a good time not a long time, so it doesn't matter for me.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm

TownUltra wrote:we hire in an enforcer type person who goes round to their house and sits on their head for 30 mins until they see the error of their ways.

Can they be female please?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I think everyone has a right to come on here and say what they want as long as it isn't personal but as DK says at least come on here when things aren't going so great as well, instead of the one line jibes after a single solitary win. I think to call it the Weaver hate campaign is a bit harsh too as there is not one person here who hates Simon, in fact far from it, he is a nice guy. Unfortunately nice guy doesn't equal great manager - just ask the former Woolworths employees.

I admit that sometimes in the past I have come on here and really heavily criticised players/ manager/ chairman but I tend to keep those thoughts to myself these days as it doesn't do anyone any favours, not least the players confidence.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:37 pm

So my predictions so far:

Solihull 1 Reality 0
    Alty 3 Reality 3
    Hednesford 0 Reality 3

That's a massive 6 points from 9. Now can we kick on? What a game on Sat to look forward to Gloucester having beaten Heds and Alty in their last 2 having been bottom! Figure that out..

All the fans going out getting people to come on Sat deserve a medal, what a fantastic effort. Makes me proud to be a Town fan. I salute you.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Saturday could be epic!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:54 pm

It's Star Wars meets Indiana Jones with a 3D flava of Avatar rolled into one. Town 5-0.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Please not a 0-0 bore draw! Mind you, better that than Gloucester winning 5-4  Smile 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Sat 30 Nov : Solihull Moors (A) find ground 1
    Sat 7 Dec : Altrincham (H) 3
    Tue 10 Dec : Hednesford Town (A) 0
    Sat 14 Dec : Gloucester City (H) 3
    Sat 21 Dec : Worcester City (A) 1
    Thu 26 Dec : Guiseley AFC (H) 3
    Sat 28 Dec : Vauxhall Motors (A) 3
    Wed 1 Jan : Guiseley AFC (A) 1
    Sat 4 Jan : AFC Telford United (H) 3
    Sat 11 Jan : Stalybridge Celtic (H) 3
    Sat 18 Jan : Leamington (A) 3
    Sat 25 Jan : Bradford Park Avenue (H) 3
    Sat 1 Feb : Colwyn Bay (A) 3
    Sat 8 Feb : Hednesford Town (H) 1
    Sat 15 Feb : Histon (A) 1
    Sat 22 Feb : Boston United (H) 3
    Sat 1 Mar : Brackley Town (A) 1
    Sat 8 Mar : Solihull Moors (H) 3
    Tue 11 Mar : Altrincham (A) 0
    Sat 15 Mar : Bradford Park Ave (A) 1
    Sat 22 Mar : Colwyn Bay (H) 3
    Sat 29 Mar : Gainsborough Trinity (H) 3
    Sun 6 Apr : Gloucester City (A) 3
    Sat 12 Apr : Leamington (H) 3
    Sat 19 Apr : North Ferriby United (A) 0
    Mon 21 Apr : Barrow FC (H) 3
    Sat 26 Apr : Stockport County (A) 1

Currently 2 points ahead of target!

My prediction says 8 points from the next 4. Tough double header v Guiseley. Let's go all guns blazing at them at home then have the edge for the away game!

COME ON TOWN!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 pm

TownUltra wrote:My predictions for the rest of the season:

Sat 30 Nov : Solihull Moors (A) find ground 1
    Sat 7 Dec : Altrincham (H)                        3
    Tue 10 Dec : Hednesford Town (A)        0
    Sat 14 Dec : Gloucester City (H)        3
    Sat 21 Dec : Worcester City (A)        1
    Thu 26 Dec : Guiseley AFC (H)                3
    Sat 28 Dec : Vauxhall Motors (A)        3
    Wed 1 Jan : Guiseley AFC (A)                1
    Sat 4 Jan : AFC Telford United (H)                 3
    Sat 11 Jan : Stalybridge Celtic (H)                 3
    Sat 18 Jan : Leamington (A)                 3
    Sat 25 Jan : Bradford Park Avenue (H)         3
    Sat 1 Feb : Colwyn Bay (A)                          3
    Sat 8 Feb : Hednesford Town (H)                  1
    Sat 15 Feb : Histon (A)                           1
    Sat 22 Feb : Boston United (H)                  3
    Sat 1 Mar : Brackley Town (A)                   1
    Sat 8 Mar : Solihull Moors (H)                           3
    Tue 11 Mar : Altrincham (A)                   0
    Sat 15 Mar : Bradford Park Ave (A)                    1
    Sat 22 Mar : Colwyn Bay (H)                    3
    Sat 29 Mar : Gainsborough Trinity (H)            3
    Sun 6 Apr : Gloucester City (A)                    3
    Sat 12 Apr : Leamington (H)                    3
    Sat 19 Apr : North Ferriby United (A)            0
    Mon 21 Apr : Barrow FC (H)                    3
    Sat 26 Apr : Stockport County (A)                        1

16 W 8 D 3 L
    So 7 games in and we've already lost 4.

And you thought I was being conservative!

Dark Knight wrote: I suspect our playing record over the next 27 games will probably look more like this:

P27 W 13 D 7 L 7

If anything it's starting to look like even I might have been too optimistic   No

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 am

What's everyone's thoughts now?

TU - are you Weaver in disguise? :-)
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 pm

It just goes to show what the power of positivity can achieve, never give up while there is a chance. As soon as you give up it's all over.

DK thoughts?

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:06 pm

TownUltra wrote:

DK thoughts?

Given that my "conservative" prediction of 69 points is now looking wildly optimistic, some kind of apology to myself and Town Supporter is probably in order and an admission that we've failed badly and the manager probably isn't up to it should be forthcoming too. But myself and TS will no doubt be waiting until hell freezes over for that as most of you still can't see what we have been saying all along. Things have panned out just as we said they would.

Embarrassing result today. What are the excuses this time?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Well, here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Leamington - Win
    Guiseley - Loss
    Ferriby - Loss
    Barrow - Win, but wouldn't be surprised at a draw.
    Stockport - Loss.

We can only achieve another 6 points this season, which would give us 65 points and that is not good enough for a squad of this quality. What makes me giggle is that the majority of our squad would walk into the teams above us in this League.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Leamington - Win
    Guiseley - Loss
    Ferriby - Loss
    Barrow - Win, but wouldn't be surprised at a draw.
    Stockport - Loss.

We can only achieve another 6 points this season, which would give us 65 points and that is not good enough for a squad of this quality. What makes me giggle is that the majority of our squad would walk into the teams above us in this League.

so that asked the question why have we failed yet again? and i don't expect people coming on here saying we have not failed and we have had a good season because anything less than the play offs is failure with the squad we have
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

yes, face it, we HAVe failed. We plainly had a squad that was assembled (at some cost, I expect), to compete for the play offs. And yes we DID compete for a long time, and that's good, but the last four games have been a disgrace (and Ive seen three of them!). Look at our rivals: none of them (perhaps with the exception of Solihull) have collapsed like us, quite the opposite in fact.

Look at Guiseley and weep! Look at Mark Bower and weep!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:03 pm

paulstreet wrote:

Look at Guiseley and weep!  Look at Mark Bower and weep!  
    Guiseley completely blowing us out of the water is the final insult really, although I did warn months ago that some people had dismissed the threat of what was behind us way too easily.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:25 pm

I paid nearly 100 quid to watch Harrogate Town NOT turn up and play yesterday. I've never seen a team quit a game so quickly and so easily in the final third of a match. At home to Colwyn and Gainborough, despite the result, we didn't give up, we kepted pushing, and we snatched a point, although for many it was a case of dropping 2.

Yesterday, we didn't even get a spirited fight back. Nothing. We did retreat, we did surrender and we lost a game against a team who played some of the best passing football I've seen in a long time, the last 2 games, Both Gloucester and Gainsborough played like teams wanting promotion, they played with heart and drive, I felt so let down by Harrogate!

Last time we had a defeat away to Colwyn, we came back with fight, desire, to right a wrong, to WIN! The fans deserve a ton load of goals in the WRCC Final and a win against Leamington on Saturday. The players let the fans down at Gloucester, the buck stops at the manager, but the players didnt step up, didnt perform and they need to pay back the fans faith in recent games.

Its not over yet, but its near to impossible now.

C'mon Town! Time to show the fans what you are about! No more retreating, Heads up, Goals aplenty, for goodness sake Town! you can play better than this!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 pm