Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Getting behind the team

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Getting behind the team Empty Getting behind the team

Post by ChrisM Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Is anyone else fed up of the CNG library?

I'd like to try to get a singing section/group together, last season we had a few good games, but it would be nice for us to make some noise! Workington was probably the best! Sadly there are only a few who currently manage to make a sound.

DO you thing the CNG is destined to be silent?
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Getting behind the team Empty Re: Getting behind the team

Post by Smelemon Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Couldn't agree more Chris, I'm always up for a good chant but no one ever seems up for it down in the kop and it really gets on my nerves. I certainly think things are starting to look up a bit though, last season you could barely hear a thing from Harrogate supporters. Maybe next season everyone will get the idea Laughing I'd be up for the whole group thing, maybe if a section starts to sing their hearts out then others would be encouraged to do so? Very excited for next season, expecting lots of changes with the club, hopefully better support will be one of those changes. Keep the faith
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 pm

It's a two way thing.

What have the team given us to sing about?

Once the performances start, so will the singing. It's been difficult to get up any enthusiasm all the while you turn up expecting to see cr*p.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Have to agree with Dan on this one. Apart from the odd performance over the past 3 seasons, what have the team given us to cheer about?

If performances improve, attendances will improve. If attendances improve, there will be more atmosphere. If there is more of an atmosphere, then maybe the singing group would lift off the ground and get started proper.

Until then, the team have to perform and give us something to cheer about first and foremost. I for one, do not want another season of mediocrity.
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:45 pm

I think you should support the team no matter the situation. They are after all "our" lads. Managers will come and go, owners will come and go but Harrogate Town will be there in one form or another without them.

It just embarrassing when we have such a reputation with other clus, I've seen it posted many places that the CNG is a library. We should show some pride, and get behind the lads. Tempted to set up a facebook group to form a supporters/singing group.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Gotta say I'm with Chris again with this, of course we haven't been performing as well as we had hoped, but that shouldn't stop us from supporting our local. We barely get any supporters going to games for a town with 70-odd thousand people. The least we can do is be vocal and truly support the town with who we have, win or loss, I know I will.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 am

Smelemon wrote:Gotta say I'm with Chris again with this, of course we haven't been performing as well as we had hoped, but that shouldn't stop us from supporting our local.
    No, it shouldn't. But try being the only voice when the team are minging. It's very difficult

Smelemon wrote:We barely get any supporters going to games for a town with 70-odd thousand people.
    The perennial question. I have more confidence in the new "back-room" set up than the last one so I'm hoping that will change this season. As an example, the population of Liverpool is around 440,000 and they get an average gate of 10% of that (I'll ignore the Everton proportion - that's for Railway Laughing ). HOWEVER, according to the last government statistics I've seen, the population of Harrogate DISTRICT is 158,700! So our target should be nearly 16,000! Please get more chip butty outlets in the ground when this happens... Wink But being serious, for Harrogate alone it's 74,000 so a realistic target is 7,400. Could the club exist and support itself with this average crowd?

Smelemon wrote:The least we can do is be vocal and truly support the town with who we have, win or loss, I know I will.
    I'll be the 4th person after you to start singing.........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:08 am