Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
pontifex532
j2021
trevdee
rangerider
Town youth
Gareth192001
TheNeil29
Chips97
12 posters

Team against Gainsborough?

Chips97

Team against Gainsborough? Empty Team against Gainsborough?

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Team today that I want to see! Considering the injuries..

-----------------Barnes-------------------
    Bloomer----Heath----Killock----Meynell
    --------------Nowakowski----------------
    -------------Featherstone----------------
    Rowe----------Kerry-----------Nelthorpe
    --------------Walshaw--------------------

Subs -
    Speight
    Coyle
    Hassan
    Dean
    Franks

I just wish we could have a wider pitch for Rowe and Nelthorpe!
    I hope he doesn't play Nowakowski upfront again! He was very poor against Chorley(probably because he doesn't know what he's doing)
    I thought Featherstone looked a good passer so for me he should be bang in the middle controlling the team.
    I struggled to leave Hassan out of starting 11 :/ Has impressed me when he has played!
    What do you think?

Team against Gainsborough? Empty Re: Team against Gainsborough?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Chips97 wrote:Team today that I want to see! Considering the injuries..

-----------------Barnes-------------------
    Bloomer----Heath----Killock----Meynell
    --------------Nowakowski----------------
    -------------Featherstone----------------
    Rowe----------Kerry-----------Nelthorpe
    --------------Walshaw--------------------

Subs -
    Speight
    Coyle
    Hassan
    Dean
    Franks

I just wish we could have a wider pitch for Rowe and Nelthorpe!
    I hope he doesn't play Nowakowski upfront again! He was very poor against Chorley(probably because he doesn't know what he's doing)
    I thought Featherstone looked a good passer so for me he should be bang in the middle controlling the team.
    I struggled to leave Hassan out of starting 11 :/ Has impressed me when he has played!
    What do you think?

You always pick quality squads mate, and formations. I think you are pretty close to the actual team this evening.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:08 pm

I think he just needs to play 4-4-2, even with the narrow pitch and get the players into a set tactical routine.

Barnes
    Meynell
    Killock
    Bloomer
    Coyle

Nelthorpe
    Featherstone
    Kerry
    Metcalfe/Dean

Walshaw
    Speight

That would be a strong line-up for tonight.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:16 pm

I would personally like to see just 1 up top to stop leaking goals and incourage the midfield to press more 4 at the back including bloomer who has been very good this season. Adam and metcalfe just on front of a back 4 Kerry behind Walsall nelthorpe wide with guess Rowe other side both with freedom to beat the full back supported by our fullbacks pushing on.
    Stops us playing mindless long balls ball on the deck boom nice and tight go for a 1-0
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Let's be honest will weaver admit defeat and change his home tactics?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Home and compiling thoughts.

Positives:

Played the ball on the deck.
    Created a few chances in the second half
    Matt Heath was immense
    Team played reasonably well.

Negatives:

Lack of killer touch in final third.

Overall, not a bad point. But it was only a point gained due to a heroic tackle from Shane Killock, injuring himself in the process or it would have been 1-0 to Gainsborough. Lack of goals now concerns me. Only scored 10 this season, only Brackley worse off.

Is Simon the right man: No, And that view won't change.

The manager now has 10 days to take stock and try to figure out how to kickstart the season before the next game.

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Home and compiling thoughts.

Positives:

Played the ball on the deck.
    Created a few chances in the second half
    Matt Heath was immense
    Team played reasonably well.

Negatives:

Lack of killer touch in final third.

Overall, not a bad point. But it was only a point gained due to a heroic tackle from Shane Killock, injuring himself in the process or it would have been 1-0 to Gainsborough. Lack of goals now concerns me. Only scored 10 this season, only Brackley worse off.

Is Simon the right man: No, And that view won't change.

The manager now has 10 days to take stock and try to figure out how to kickstart the season before the next game.

resigning might be a good way to kick start our season
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Hmm not sure I found it as positive as you Neil.

Gainsborough defended in numbers first half we passed more than usual but it was poor in the last third...Not one shot, never mind on target in the first half. Second half Kerry found himself travelling with the ball on a couple of occasions and he fluffed the final pass...And as for Kendall, what a joke, I know he doesn't get much game time these days but I would rather have Beesley back over Kendall any day of the week.

All in all very lack luster, no real attacking ideas........Just a thought, this guy Featherstone is an attacking mid and Kerry has a poor final ball...Lets bloody swap them over, Featherstone had one burst forward in the first half and he looks like he has a bit of trickery plus delivery...erm kind of makes sense. Oh and get someone else taking them dam corners, every time the ball travels straight into the keepers hands, as it did against Stockport and Solihull coming to think of it....Probably 30-40 corners and the majority straight to the keeper.

but " this team has goals in it".........Laugh a bloody minute!
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Positives
    Right back looked good on the ball going forward and defending good distribution maybe a bit rash with a few challenges but young enough to learn mom for me
    Featherstone looked very good never rushed made the center halfs look good today. Hardly if ever gave ball away broke up play big plus
    Bloomer the guy has got better and better head and shoulders better the killer and Heath could see that in the 10mins he played in just about everything he did
    Ball on the deck been knocked about finally

Negatives
    Killer and Heath both can't control a ball with feet or head. Both made challenges which where at best reckless Heath the worst for this he will get sent off soon. Both looked so flustered with the ball at there feet
    Walshall all the hype but I'm sorry I must be missing something at the moment first touch is at best average always going away from goal. Might be the way we are playing not sure I expected more
    Kendal looked so short of confidence no understanding better the strikers
    Rowe still don't see it runs around a lot when he gets the ball but very rarely offers any quality crosses
    They came for a draw and should of gone with all 3 points we offered little in the final third both keepers had nothing to do other then the killer injury/goal line clearance. Against a better team we would of got beaten under 300 and a far few away fans at that
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 am

Thought Heath was absolutely outstanding tonight. In the air and on on the deck was dominant. Even passed the ball well. My MOTM by a long shot.

Killock also deserves a mention, as does Coyle.

Better style of football played but ultimately lacked the cutting edge.

Agree with pushing Featherstone forward, swap with Adam maybe.

Kerry has to be dropped, was abysbal tonight, and that's putting it lightly.

Strikers are worrying me... Wally had a big off day, Speight didn't really do much, Kendall hmmmm....

Still disappointed with the result tonight. Game was there for the taking. Didn't create enough but a positive was the style of play used.

We need to find a way of scoring and FAST!

Personally, would go for possibly this line-up for the next match.

----------Barnes--------------
    Coyle- Heath- Killock- Meynell
    ---------Nowakowski-----------
    Rowe-----Lenighan-----Nelthorpe
    -------Featherstone-----------
    ---------Walshaw--------------
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:00 am

Killock and Lenighan will not be in the first team together, that's a given, so it will be one or the other.

I didn't go into detail last night with my positives and negatives, because I could not be arsed, and I was knackered.

The only way it will change is if Simon goes. The result last night......at least it wasn't a defeat.
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 am

I was bored with the whole proceedings, still looking good for relegation.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:27 am

some of the team came out looking like the seven dwarfs , ! and the majority did play like them !!! Sleep Sleep
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:37 am

There were a few positives, but then a drowning man finding a bit of driftwood to cling to, I guess thinks that's a positive as well! Overall absolutely shocking. I mean the absence of even basic footballing skills (on both sides) was amazing to me. I mean these guys are (in some cases) earning at least £500 a week, but the standard of football was like you see at Station View.

We did try to pass the ball (usually backwards, mind you), and yes Coyle did look useful as did Featherstone. Sad to see Kerry's decline. I like Dom Rowe but without a wide pitch to exploit he struggles to make an impact. I have to agree with Gareth about Walshaw. This has been one of the biggest disappointments this season (after a promising start). Remember we were supposed to have the best attack in the Conference North (Walshaw and Kendall), it looks like both will join that long list of 'star' strikers who turn into duds as soon as they pull on the yellow and black. Bring back Armstrong is what I say.

Trinity were no more than competent, that should have been a routine home win.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 am

Attendance of 291...terrible. There must have been at least 30 Trinity fans, meaning about 250/260 Town supporters. OK, more than Ferriby last night (231), but that's a village.

If nothing else, maybe the disappearance of the fan base might make our Chairman recognise what everyone else (bar one!) knows.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am

alot said on this forum about managers selections, i think some of these players ought to have a good look at there performance last night. some players must be trying to head the ball as high as possible , some can,t pass a ball 2 yards , and when sub comes on and trys a shot from 50 yards ,its laughable. simon get team to do the basics ,and stop this team going down.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:10 am

Two average teams slugging it out for a 0-0, we even made Beesley look good! The way we give man of the match sums up this club completely, always wrong, Coyle was the only decent player on the pitch!

How Plank can put on Twitter that there were 'Encouraging signs tonight' is beyond me, we only looked slightly better than usual because the other team were just as bad, their number 8 hardly moved all night! A decent side would of had 3 or 4 against us and limited our chances even more.

But the biggest thing about the game last night was the fact that if you'd have signed that squad in a rush at the beginning of the season and had a weeks training with them, they would look half decent but after 3/4 months with Simon and Macca the likes of Wally/Kendall and worse Kerry look shadows of the players they once were, the whole team looked devoid of ideas and belief, its going to be a long season..............
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 am

CM is dead right. The really bizarre thing is that, somehow or other, the mighty combo of Simon and Macca succeed (year after year) in turning good players into bad ones: the list is (almost) endless: now the same thing is happening to poor old Kerry and Kendall. The league's most deadly striker (Walshaw) is gradually being turned into a plodder... I feel sorry for Featherstone already! Simon will soon work his magic on you Nicky, hopefully Coyle will go back to Leeds before Simon inflicts too much damage...Margetts got away just in time.

I wish I was joking, but sadly its all true.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:27 am

Harrogate Town...the graveyard of footballing reputations.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:09 pm

paulstreet wrote:Attendance of 291...terrible. There must have been at least 30 Trinity fans, meaning about 250/260 Town supporters. OK, more than Ferriby last night (231), but that's a village.  

If nothing else, maybe the disappearance of the fan base might make our Chairman recognise what everyone else (bar one!) knows.

Seven games at home (if you include Stockport) and two wins one a very lucky one, rubbish football being played an inept manager what do you expect? the writing is on the wall, people will not come out and watch dross we have the best pitch one of the nicest grounds best supporters (after Stockport) but we also have the worst manager who will blame everything but himself for our performances,i did not go last night first home game i have missed just could not bring myself to watch this rubbish being played, i will go when the new stand is opened to see what its like, i am just glad i didn't buy a season ticket i wanted to wait for a few games to see how we played but after the first game i realized we are not as good as we where last season the slick football we played last season has gone all we wanted was a striker to put away the many chances we where creating well we got one the best striker in the league but what do we do play hoof ball up to him, i would like to know how Fylde and Chorley can come into this league and sit top and second what are they doing that we are not? (ok don't answer that) something has to change asap or we will be bottom fighting relegation, i am not mad anymore i am just sad to see us in this position after all the hype pre season and why is it that all the teams that i have seen this season so far look fitter and are quicker than us? i just feel so sorry for the fans they do not deserve this
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Someone wake me up when there's something worth watching.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:18 pm

We will if we're not all asleep as well. Yesterday was just tedious.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:24 pm

The attendance says it all really. And it will continue to drop, based on current performances on the pitch. The club would be well advised that the fans will vote with their feet if this carries on. Then we will see how committed Irving is when the club is losing money hand over fist.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:17 am

In any normal universe all of this would be true, but Irving seems determined to stick by Simon even while everything else is collapsing around the team. Sadly, he has so much money that even getting lousy attendances won't deter him. These are grim days, any vestige of belief that with players like Walshaw, Kerry etc. even Simon could succeed has gone, and we are still in early October.
    At least it proves that Dark Knight and Town Supporter have been right all along.

Idea for the Time Capsule? My hopes and dreams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:19 pm