Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive

Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive Empty Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 am

Hi all,

Just to let you all know as well, that work has been going on for a while collecting and collating old items of Harrogate Town history, these include, team photos, old game photos, behind the scenes photos, kits throughout the years, and programmes (hopefully between James's site and ours we will have this area covered!)

I am aiming to start putting these on the main site soon, so please keep checking back and see what has been added.

Our club has a great history and in the words of one supporter who gave me a fair bit of stuff (many thanks Mr G!) "It is a shame that people can't see it!" - so it is time to rectify that!

Take care all,

Peter
    Big Lundy

Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive Empty Re: Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive

Post by Big Lundy Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Phil’s latest book could be the glue to stick a lot of people’s memorabilia together!
    Obviously copyright will play a part in anything which can be shown on the official website!
    E.g. away programmes, newspaper reports, photos & video!
    I have a video which was made after the club won the NPL Div1 with Reedy in charge in 2002!
    Not sure if the club own the copyright to it or not though!!!!!

Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive Empty Re: Harrogate Town AFC Official Website Archive

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Big Lundy,

Yes, Phil's book is a goldmine, however I would like to get hold of the originals as I can scan and show at better resolution and size then the book does (Phil has done some fantastic work on finding some truly excellent material). I know that there is a lot more stuff out there and hopefully I can get it for all to view! I am already in talks with several ex players and people regarding more stuff being sent and used!

You are right about Copyright, however the website and programme only use material that we a) hold the copyright for or b) have written permission to use - in the case of Ben Wilson and also Luke Dean I got permission from Sunderland AFC and Bradford City FC to use their pictures. The programme carries a sentence at the front of it stating that pictures used are done so with permission from their respective owners. Occasionally a company/person (such as the Harrogate Advertiser) request that we put the credit on the same page or near the photo - which I am more then happy to do.

I also put names of people next to on on Photos to stop a certain individual (who visits this forum) trying to pass work off as their own!

I have sent you a PM as well.

Regards,

Peter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 am