Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
paulstreet
CCOB
JackHTFC
pie and chips
8 posters

Why has it all gone quiet?

pie and chips

Why has it all gone quiet? Empty Why has it all gone quiet?

Post by pie and chips Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

So - after a great run, and some excellent football..........nobody posts!
    Could it be that the "knockers" are upset? Mr F, who has been the major reason we still have football to watch at Wetherby Road, has stuck by Mr Weaver. Good for him.
    Mr Williams should also be aware that some of us understand that there are some things that have to remain for the knowledge of the Board only, and not for the general public.
    I am always made welcome at the ground, and if I have a moan, I talk to AW, and we settle it.
    Let's enjoy the rest of the season, support the team, and say thanks to all the staff at the Club, whether the Chairman or the Kit-man.....welcome back to him after his heart attack. Very Happy
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Why has it all gone quiet? Empty Re: Why has it all gone quiet?

Post by JackHTFC Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Well Put!!!!

I feel we should try and make the last home game of the season against Workington on Monday 25th April go out on a high! Any Ideas?
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Bring 3 mates, and buy a pie each!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm

There is nothing worse than disappearing knockers.

I think the other forum now needs to rest in peace as a memorial to dark days now behind us. With a solid financial footing we can start to look forward, rather than hark back to an unsustainable past.

Can't wait for the last few games and fancy an away day or two as well. Hope we can see Liam hardy back to full match fitness asap as we need his pace up front. Apparently the tactical changes on Saturday got us back into the game. Well done Simon.

S.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Or as Simon said in his post match interview it should actually be well done John!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 am

pie and chips wrote:So - after a great run, and some excellent football..........nobody posts!
    Could it be that the "knockers" are upset? Mr F, who has been the major reason we still have football to watch at Wetherby Road, has stuck by Mr Weaver. Good for him.
    Mr Williams should also be aware that some of us understand that there are some things that have to remain for the knowledge of the Board only, and not for the general public.
    I am always made welcome at the ground, and if I have a moan, I talk to AW, and we settle it.
    Let's enjoy the rest of the season, support the team, and say thanks to all the staff at the Club, whether the Chairman or the Kit-man.....welcome back to him after his heart attack. Very Happy

It’s fair to say that in the past I’ve had my concerns about Weaver’s ability as a manager. I’ve often used this forum as a platform to share my concerns about various issues, primarily because I was under the impression that’s what a good forum is all about and I hope it remains that way. If we all just use the forum to issue praise about how good everything was then I expect most of us would find it a bit dull and perhaps not use it. All that said though, I don’t mind admitting that I’ve not posted much on here recently, largely because things have been pretty good of late and there’s not been much to grumble about. Simon Weaver must take most of the credit for that – well done.

No point being complacent though – there are still areas to improve on. More work needs to be done on improving communication which is not great – not entirely the fault of Simon and John, players must take responsibility. Plus I would hope that we sign a right back to replace Matt Bloomer, who although has done a solid job there, is best suited to a central defence role.

Other than that though, keep up the good work guys!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

pie and chips makes a fair point I guess. I too have been critical in the past (and there HAS been a lot to be critical about!), but its important to give credit where its due and Simon and John (maybe his input is increasing?) do appear to be turning things around.Primarily it would seem through actually keeping the same 11/12 players on the pitch match after match, and improving the tactics and (it would seem) morale. So well done to them. It has to be said though that Simon is very lucky to have had the opportunity to come good (hopefully!) after 18 months of (lets be honest) failure. There must be an awful lot of ex-managers out there, unemployed and watching daytime TV, who would have liked 18 months to prove themselves! Paul Ince for one (given 5 months at Notts County).
    Still and all, lets be grateful that things may be turning for the better. We do have the makings of a decent squad for next season (I'd be happy to keep just about everyone...Bloomer and James would be important members of my squad). I think we need another regular goalscorer (I think Liam is still second highest!) to complement Armstrong and Hardy.
    What needs to happen now (as Big Lundy says on the other forum) is to try and get the fans back. Well done to Mr Fotherby for reducing the prices for this season, i hope he feels able to carry it on next year. To me £9.00 and £6.00 would be reasonable with perhaps a more generous deal for season ticket holders. Also crucial would be getting off to a decent start next August, people won't come to watch a losing team no matter what the prices! I think a lot of good will has been lost so it will be a tough ask: getting the fan base back to 350 would be a decent start. Also; could we have the yellow and black stripes back please.
    whoops

Post by whoops Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 am

Good post pie and chips It does go quiet when things are going well so do we all come to the conclusion that forums are just for knockers. Then we have people coming on because you bring the subject up and justifying thier gripes and offering slight praise with an " however ". Bit like going to the Doctors. Bill as put the prices down and now thats not enough it should be lower according to one post. Someone as asked what we should do at the final home match. I think a standing ovation for Bill should come top of the list. as you quite rightly say where would the club be without him. North West Counties maximum. If we can knock the team and the club and feel justified when we do, then why can't we give praise when justified without any add ons'. I suppose it says more about the knockers then it does the club.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks, Whoops, that was exactly my point - if Mr F,(and Mr Weaver Senior, if he is involved, and I don't think it matters either way), decides to pack it all in, we have no Club. Simple.
    The Forum should be for views, criticism, discussion and ideas. Personal insults and other forms of vilification have no place here...................in my view!
    More pies,Vicar?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I actually suggested a slight increase in the prices next year! £9.00 and £6.00 seems reasonable. I think Guiseley were charging £9/5 this season. The turn round in fortunes IS good, but it has been a long time coming Mr Woops! I'm delighted but reserving judgement, this does not sound unreasonable to me.
    whoops

Post by whoops Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Don't you be sitting on the fence now Mr.Street. Reserve judgement for what, is it beyond you to give a bit of praise without all the doom and gloom predictions. Enjoy it while you can and get behind the club instead of casting shadows on everything. I'll buy you a pie if thats whats bothering you.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 pm

[quote="whoops"]Don't you be sitting on the fence now Mr.Street. Reserve judgement for what, is it beyond you to give a bit of praise without all the doom and gloom predictions. Enjoy it while you can and get behind the club instead of casting shadows on everything. I'll buy you a pie if thats whats bothering you.

Last edited by rosvere on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    whoops

Post by whoops Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:20 pm

My Father is dead rosvere but I work for a living and i think I can manage a pie.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:20 pm

[quote="whoops"]My Father is dead rosvere but I work for a living and i think I can manage a pie.

Last edited by rosvere on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm

whoops wrote:Good post pie and chips It does go quiet when things are going well so do we all come to the conclusion that forums are just for knockers. Then we have people coming on because you bring the subject up and justifying thier gripes and offering slight praise with an " however ". Bit like going to the Doctors. Bill as put the prices down and now thats not enough it should be lower according to one post. Someone as asked what we should do at the final home match. I think a standing ovation for Bill should come top of the list. as you quite rightly say where would the club be without him. North West Counties maximum. If we can knock the team and the club and feel justified when we do, then why can't we give praise when justified without any add ons'. I suppose it says more about the knockers then it does the club.

Think about it not so long ago we were all wanting Weaver Out! But look now with the right people and organisation then anything could happen. I would like to see Weaver,McDermott,Fotherby and Weaver Senior to stay as things are looking up. Im releshing the opportunity to play Alfreton!
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

slicker wrote:
    I think the other forum now needs to rest in peace as a memorial to dark days now behind us. With a solid financial footing we can start to look forward, rather than hark back to an unsustainable past.

S.

What on Earth are you on about? A forum is for anybody who cares about the team they support and have a point to make, good or bad. It's an outlet to let off steam or give praise. Leave the other Forum out of it. It's like somthing the Nazis would do if they had Forums on the internet. scratch
    whoops

Post by whoops Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 am

If you are going to make an apology rosvere do not attatch it to what I said, make it clear then everyone can see it

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Doggy,

You have only got to look at the mug shot of Neil Aspin and be deafened by the silence when things are on the up and on a stable footing to realise that the old forum has actually very little to do with looking forward at Harrogate Town.

By all means reminisce about old times but for me life is too short and you are dead for too long to keep looking back or throwing bitter personal abuse at people in the way that the other forum has been used for by many (not all)

Funny how brave some people are when they are anonymous.

Roll on Saturday and next season.

S.

TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm

I used to be quite a regular poster on here and at least checked in on this forum once a day, but I, like many, had become disillusioned at the year under Weaver. And I think many of the fans that stopped coming to the ground just stopped bother logging onto here - I certainley did.

I preffered this forum to the other one, and had enough of the other forums spam posters and general tripe that was talked - especially the pally nature of it. I agree its pretty much dead over there and should be shut down.

Credit where credit is due and he seems to have turned everything around and finally got a very decent team together, but I dont think it is a coincidence since we haven't been signing and releasing different players every week. We've obviously got some better players this year, but the unsettled nature of last years team with its revolving door policy if you had a bad performance didn't help.

Im glad the team is doing well again and but I think McDermott has to take a huge amount of credit, especially at the huge improvement in our defence as a team - something Aspin used to rely on.

But the reason why it is now quiet on here? The whole of last season meaning many contributors left or stopped coming on.

At the moment is probably down to our own recent succes - last year we were in a relegation battle so lots to talk about. Now we'e in mid table and only a few games left there is not much exciting to look forward to in the run in, if we can keep this squad together next season though could be a very good season next year.

And finally not much new ever seems to get going anymore with new topics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 pm