Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

It's oh so quiet....Shhhhhh

sulphurite
    sulphurite

It's oh so quiet....Shhhhhh Empty It's oh so quiet....Shhhhhh

Post by sulphurite Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Where is everyone? Any gossip, rumours, even, News?

Not a lot on the Website, not a mention about signing Dom Riorden, if it's true?

Not even a whisper about any progress regarding Claro Road, although the egg chasers are on a fund raising drive.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Johnny
    Johnny

It's oh so quiet....Shhhhhh Empty Re: It's oh so quiet....Shhhhhh

Post by Johnny Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 pm

News is out that Mr Weaver is tabling a bid for Lionel Messi...!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm

The ground business is very frustrating. Almost since Bill joined us, we have been periodically tantalised by word that a 'major announcment' is about to be made, then...silence. Only a few weeks ago Bill and Alan were on the front page of the Advertiser actually stood in Claro Road and the big story: we are about to make a bid for Claro Road, money is not the problem.
    Well what has happened since? If money isn't the problem why hasnt a simple phone call taken place: 'hello this is Harrogate Town, we want to buy Claro Road, we have the money in place, where do we sign on the dotted line?'
    OK, OK I know its not that simple, but Crest homes still seem to be negotiating with the Rugby club who should be out of the picture by now. I seem to recall someewhere Bill or Alan saying something along the lines of 'whatever the rugby club offers we will offer more'.
    Maybe 'things' are moving behind the scenes, but I strongly suspect that the next thing we will hear is the news that our oval ball chasing chums have bought the ground back from Crest.
    Trying to get a ground elsewhere in Harrogate is surely doomed to failure (planning permission and NIMBYS), unless the council is on board to support us, and surely it is in the council's interest to help us so that Wetherby Road can be vacated and the hospital extended. Simples Smile Or maybe not!

Talking about grounds I see that Gloucester have agreed a ground share with Cheltenham Town and there is talk of teams like Braintree (where I lived for 3 years) or Bishops Stortford (where I didn't) being moved into BS North next year.
    Alas probably irrelevant as far as we are concerned.
    If it is the Unibond Premier next year (odds on?), it wont be too bad: some 'big' teams in it: Halifax, FC United, possibly a reformed Chester City, a few Yorkshire derbys: Whitby, Stocksbridge, Frickley (the delights of South Elmshall), possibly Guiseley or BPA, North Ferriby, not to mention my home town (Crosby) team Marine! Can't be bad!
    Well Ive done my bit to keep conversation going (and I wasn't even rude about you know who), so over to you guys.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Lets not give up just yet!!
    Given my luck recently (backing Town to win at Ilkeston then Barcelona to win at Arsenal!! Sad Sad ) I feel entitled to be teed off, but am I right in thinking that we need to finish above Vauxhall to stay up?
    If so then I really do feel that the group of players that we have now can achieve this - if we get at Southport I beleieve we can get something out of the game (= 1pt) and then onto the crucial game at Hyde with Blyth and Gloucester still to come.
    If we get nothing out of Saturdays game I will resort to plan B - lump on Hyde on the Monday night which will guarantee we get at least a point!!!!! Wink

It's only money!!
    Cum on Town cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:31 am