Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Ball and Socket
TheTown
paulstreet
Doggy
sagalout
Big Red Machine
j2021
Johnny
HTFCalex
13 posters

Who's the best Town player of the decade?

HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Who's the best Town player of the decade? Empty Who's the best Town player of the decade?

Post by HTFCalex Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:40 am

As we near the end of 2010 we may not be in a great state now looking back on some good years we have had some quality players but who was the best of the decade?i would have to say Colin Hunter
    Johnny
    Johnny

Who's the best Town player of the decade? Empty Re: Who's the best Town player of the decade?

Post by Johnny Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:08 pm

It's a toss up between Jake Picton and Kieran Gonzalez, definitely.
    j2021

Who's the best Town player of the decade? Empty Re: Who's the best Town player of the decade?

Post by j2021 Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Good shout with Colin Hunter always loved watching him play. Danny Holland LEGEND, Marc Smith quality Target man, Roy Hunter midfield engine, Robbie Whellans great finisher, James Turley i always used to be a fan of, Dom Krief loved how he got stuck in, Chris Bettney, Paul Sykes,
    Cant believe how many good players we used to have, the good old days........
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Indeed its so frustrating how we have let all of those players go. Good call with Krief i remrber that one season where he just used to controll the game. When hes come back to face us he hasnt been as involved. Roy Hunter and Dunning that was a great partership. Despite their ages id love to see a couple of these lads back see the difference it would make.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Mick McNaughton, James McDaid and Mark Haran were players that I thought were quality!
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

I'd have to say Holland, purely because he consistently scored goals that were worth the entrance fee alone.....how I miss those days Sad
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am

Hard one this, Pricey or Mezza on reflection I'll go with Dave Merris. We'll see him next month. Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 am

I'm almost in tears remembering all those names, compared to Saturday's utter shambles. Martin Pemberton was class, Danny Holland has to be up there, always loved seeing Colin Hunter tearing down the wing, Roy Hunter was superb, Mezza was a legend, wish he was still with us. How the mighty have fallen.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am

No contest - Danny Holland.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 am

forgot about merris, was always a brilliant player, ball often seemed to be glued to his feet the way he got to the edge of the box in shooting positions.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Danny Holland and Roy Hunter. Danny just for his goals, and Roy for dominating midfields single handedly.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Dave Merris stands out not only for his defensive qualities, he was so quick to recover, but he also used his speed to attack down the left. He always wanted the ball and was always shouting encouragement to other players. He reminds me of Chelsea's left back (Cashley) in many ways but with a bit more dignity. When he left the first time to go to York he took the time to write a thank you letter to all the supporters for all the support and encouragement we had given him in his time here. This was published in the next home programme. You can't say many other players would do that. Mind you Weaver's nomads are in and out that often they are not here long enough to enjoy the club and its supporters the precious few that are left!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Danny Holland or Rory Coleman Laughing
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Aye Dave Merris was a class player wheres he at now? I forgot about Pricey "He's here he's there f****** everywhere is jamie price" Wow we used to have some players
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Just found out colin Hunter is at Railway and has 3 goals already this season, playing nearby and in good form surley hes worth one last blast?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Merris is at guisely i think, we will come up against him around christmas time! he defo deserved a warm reception at the CNG!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Iain Dunn and Robbie Whellans were class forwards as well.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:08 am

Just watch the Railway video to see one reason why Colin Hunter should be up there with the best players at Town:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And why we could really do with him and Jon Maloney back at the CNG.

Ged, any news on Jon? he looks pretty well match fit now?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 am

sulphurite wrote:Just watch the Railway video to see one reason why Colin Hunter should be up there with the best players at Town:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And why we could really do with him and Jon Maloney back at the CNG.

Ged, any news on Jon? he looks pretty well match fit now?

If I was Jon, i'd stay at Railway - quality service from Colin, 8 wins on the trot ??? in all competitions and genuine team spirit. In addition, dare I suggest a manager that actually knows what he's doing!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:43 pm

bit disapointed it seems were not getting Jon back, always thought he looked a good solid player at right back or as a striker.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Jons on non-contract terms at Railway, so think he has left now, good to see him scoring goals, hope it continues.
    BenBobRob
    BenBobRob

Post by BenBobRob Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:53 pm

My team of the decade would be

Jim Provett

Jamie Price
    Neil Aspin
    Chris Ellerker
    Dave Merris

James Turley
    Roy Hunter
    Dave Syers
    Colin Hunter

Danny Holland
    Robbie Whellans/Clayton Donaldson

With Danny Holland as the star man - inspirational at times.
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

BenBobRob would agree with that except Darren Dunning instead of syers and marc smith with holland upfront
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:56 pm

yeh wud agree with you exactly alex, same team as benbobrob but with smith and dunning in instead Wink Whats a team that would be haha
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 pm

haha how happy id be if we had that team now, wheres smithy at now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:32 pm