Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Alfreton Same League, Different League

Alfreton Same League, Different League Empty Alfreton Same League, Different League

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Felt sorry for Mark Cook who did nothing wrong and could have slipped a disc picking the ball out of the back of the net.

He pulled off countless class saves otherwise this could have been double figures. Alfreton had height and pace at the back, people in midfield who could go past an opponent and produce a decent through ball to pacy strikers who more often than not seemed to get their shots away at goal. When not on possession, they closed us down, crowded us out and made us look very ordinary indeed.

At least the supporters club had the Villa v Utd game on a big screen beforehand as it is a long while since I came away from a game with my voice in better shape than when it started.

After conceding on three minutes, we looked like relegation fodder. The end of the first half was slightly enlightened by some sharp work from Ellington who forced the keeper into a sharp save at his near post.

Armstrong didn't come out in the second half and their no 4 then won every ball in the air. It looked like we tried to play a bit more on the ground and to Ellington's strengths at the beginning of the second half, but then the 4th went in and the rest is history.

To be honest they scored every type of goal, from the scrappy two yarder, the 25 yard free kick, the through ball to the pacy front man to finish and the cut back from the byline for a tap in from the cross.

Pick some lessons out of that lot !

Highlights of the afternoon in the supporters club :

1. Seeing the surreal sight of a chinese grandfather clock with the fingers stuck at 6.15 with no workings inside
    2. A black and white picture on the wall of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
    3. Watching a square picture on the big screen on nova sports 1 channel
    4. The most powerful hand drier in western europe in the gents
    5. Easy parking
    6. Nice traditional pub round the corner, anyone seen Early Doors, you'll know what I mean

In the ground itself :

1. Loads of staff in refreshment facilities x2, but struggled to add up the cost of two pies and one pie and chips
    2. Reasonable nosh
    3. Nearly missed 4th goal as the kettle took ages to boil for the Bovril
    4. Standing behind the away dugout for 15 minutes then immediately the whistle blew some luminous jacket told us we couldn't stand there.
    5. The smell of diesel from the generator keeping the floodlights on
    6. On the whole a friendly bunch who I feel took pity on us

Roll on next week.

S.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm