Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
sagalout
Admin
Ball and Socket
Johnny
sulphurite
9 posters

Match thread: Alfreton v Town

Match thread: Alfreton v Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Match thread: Alfreton v Town

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 am

sulphurite wrote:I may well be wide of the mark, but do you need coaching qualifications to manage a football team? If so, what?

Just a little query for the more knowledgeable (than me) of you out there.

I'm not entirely sure what the answer is, although I do recall Gareth Southgate being granted a dispensation to serve as manager of Middlesbrough until the end of the season on the basis that he was working towards his coaching qualifications, although he hadn't actually achieved all of them (UEFA pro licence ???). I assume that would set a precendent for the future and in any event I think the rules were later relaxed to prevent this type of situation from happening again, although I couldn't be 100% sure.

Of course, all of the above could be completely irrelevant if the same rules don't apply at non-league level.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Another thing to bear in mind is will players stay with the Club or be tempted to leave, I imagine some clubs may show an intrest in the likes of Armstrong and some others sat on the bench that seem to have been forgotten about?. Question affraid
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm

If you want to be a football coach you start off with the FA Pre-lim Badge and once you pass that you move on to the Full Badge. Go on the FA website and I'm sure the details will be there.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:18 pm

sulphurite wrote:I may well be wide of the mark, but do you need coaching qualifications to manage a football team? If so, what?

Just a little query for the more knowledgeable (than me) of you out there.

It may the the case that some form of qualification is needed, if that is so, I wonder what Simon might hold in that respect?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Level one and two is a qualification for people doing coaching in the community such as kids etc. Uefa B is the next level for people getting a bit more serious, A is getting really serious in the full time game and pro licence is the ultimate.

As far as I am aware, there are no rules that state you must have a particular qualification to manage in what is not the top tier of English football (ie part time pros)

The higher the qualification the more hours you have to put into get it, a bit like GCSE to A level to Degree to Masters to Doctorate.

Personally, I couldn't give a **** if we win games. There are plenty of pro licence managers on the dole at the moment.

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:02 am