Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town Empty Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Come on Town, im not sure what todays outcome will be but if we win i think we will win 2-0.
    Team News should come through in about 10 minutes, is it on any radio station today?
    Come on Town!!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town

Post by sulphurite Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:30 pm

BBC Radio York usually, on A.M. 666 or 1260

The reception is pretty s**t, but better than nothing!!!!

Not found any other source online, which is a shame?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: Alfreton Town v Harrogate Town

Post by sulphurite Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 pm

And the team is:

Aaron Ratchford
    Michael Wood
    Ben Chapman
    Martin Foster
    Matt Bloomer
    Simon Sturdy
    Simon Harrison
    Craig James
    Peter Knox
    Lee Gregory
    Ben Muirhead

SUBS:

Stephen Hernandez
    Richard Dunning
    Adam Nowakowski
    Jimmy Ghaichem
    Simon Yeo
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:09 pm

OH NO!!!!!

Alf - 1 Town - Fucked Embarassed
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 pm

And another..... 2 nil down..... same first half, as usual, no shape and all over the place!!

Maybe the fortunes of other clubs will be the only saviour for Town this season Crying or Very sad

Tell you what though, once the team do gel, we will have a really good Unibond team Razz
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Final Score was 3-1 to Alfreton. Another defeat.......:-(

I think i'm going to ready myself for Unibond football next season...
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Defeatist comment really, but understandable, we have still got more than a third of the season to go, 11 at home and only 7 away.
    Yesterday's defeat at Alfreton was not unexpected as we have never done well there, even with a, so called, good side. I can remember us only winning twice there in over 30 games through the last twenty years or so.
    Tough game at Blyth on Tuesday (weather permitting) then we have a run of games that will define our season.
    Also need to point out that at least four of the clubs currently playing Conference/North/South football could be kicked out come May. But that is not our concern.
    What we need nowis our supporters (what is left of them) to get behind the side now and not criticize or condemn.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Townfan, it was a defeatist comment, but we have to look at it from the perspective that the clubs that are under threat, do not go under.

I just dont see where we are going to get the wins from to get out of the relegation zone, based on current league form. I will back the team to the hilt, and support them all the way, regardless of the situation, and im sure all the other HTFC fans will as well, but the fact of the matter is, although there is a third of the season left, I do think its too little, too late.

In my opinion, come the end of the season, it will come down to other teams finanical misfortunes that will save us from relegation. Although I never want to see clubs go under (Kings Lynn for example).

I think if the club does stay up, they really have to change it around, starting with a change in management. I have absolutely nothing against Simon Weaver, as he has taken advantage of the opportunity that he was given to make his start in management, but I do believe he was the wrong choice for the job, and although the financial sitaution at the club was not his fault, I just believe there were more experienced managers out there who could have taken the position.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 am

Couldn't agree more with this. Its not defeatist Townfan, I'll be there in April even if we have alreay been relegated and are playing meaningless matches. Its realistic: our chances of avoiding relegation by 'legitimate' means now look no better than 30% at best. Other teams keep picking up points, we keep losing!
    Also agree about the manager: I'm sure Simon is a thoroughly nice and decent guy, and you can't blame him for wanting to give management a go, but the brutal truth is it hasn't worked out. He has had the opportunity to build 3 seperate teams now: mark one and two failed, and mark 3 with more experienced, bigger players (and more expensive, wages wise?) seems to be failing as well. There comes a point when the bitter truth surely has to be faced: this is NOT a knee jerk reaction, its a 30 match reaction!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

We might be in a better position when we have played 30 games.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Townfan wrote:We might be in a better position when we have played 30 games.

Thought we had played 32 games, or thereabouts?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:02 am

I think Townfan was referring to the League table. I would like to see us out of the relegation zone after 30 games, as would each and every single HTFC fan, but I just dont see it happening, not based on the current league form.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am

I was referring to Simon's complete record, including cup games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am