Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
sagalout
Admin
Ball and Socket
Johnny
sulphurite
9 posters

Match thread: Alfreton v Town

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Match thread: Alfreton v Town Empty Match thread: Alfreton v Town

Post by sulphurite Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 am

Looks like we may be getting full coverage on Radio York FM this afternoon due to York City playing tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It will be far better than listening on AM and hopefully should be available online too.

As for the game, this is going to be really tough, by far the hardest game in quite a while.

I would be happy for a point from today Very Happy
    Johnny
    Johnny

Match thread: Alfreton v Town Empty Re: Match thread: Alfreton v Town

Post by Johnny Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Looking forward to a bit of amplitude modulation action! Come on Harrogate!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Team:

Mark Cook
    Dominic Roma
    Craig James
    Ciaran Toner
    Jake Picton
    Sonny Bradley
    Martin Foster
    Steve Bowey
    Graeme Armstrong
    Lee Ellington
    Wayne Phillips

Matt Bloomer
    Richard Pell
    Liam McPhillips
    Adam Nowakowski
    Keiran Gonzalez
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:05 pm

What happened to Kyle Hadley? missed what Rob said on the radio?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:06 pm

one down already!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:36 pm

3 nil to Alfreton, good side really, but we are still way off the mark to escape relegation this season.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

A 6-0 drubbing! Have you read Weaver's comments in yesterday's Advertiser. He lives in cloud cookoo land. It appears he wants time to turn things round. How much more time do you the supporters want to give him? Last 3 away games have resulted in 3 defeats and no goals. Does this team appear to be motivated? Come on speak up.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Taken from Conf North forum:

"Alfreton 6 Harrogate 0 ft harrogates goalie MOM"

sagalout

Post by sagalout Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Well that was a short revival!

Good team or not, 6-0 is just embarrassing
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Went to the game today, Alfreton played very well. There defence is solid as a rock. First half thought we did okay, but every chance Alfreton had, they finnished them, we had are chances, but we didnt finnish them. Alfreton should be in Blue Square Premier for next season by the looks of it. Mark Cook was outstanding, could of been 12-0 if it hadnt been for him! Ah well, just another game goes by, well bounce back.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Guess whose coming to Town on 4th December? None other than Alfreton Town. They say that Christmas comes once a year!! Do ypu think our goalkeeper's back will have recovered from picking the ball out of the net by then? Football's a funny old game and I know not many of our supporters have laughed recently but lets hope we can get behind the team and give the league leaders a run for their money. Come on you SULPHURITES!!! Believe.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:Guess whose coming to Town on 4th December? None other than Alfreton Town. They say that Christmas comes once a year!! Do ypu think our goalkeeper's back will have recovered from picking the ball out of the net by then? Football's a funny old game and I know not many of our supporters have laughed recently but lets hope we can get behind the team and give the league leaders a run for their money. Come on you SULPHURITES!!! Believe.

At least we're guaranteed to see some goals!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

I'm surprised that people are not more angry, but msybe its gone beyond that now. We are in a no win situation, had we lost 10-0 on Saturday the manager would still have been in place today and if what Bill said in the Evening Post Friday is true for the foreseeable future, results obviously don't matter anymore. I don't see how any sane person can continue to defend the manager or want to 'give him more time', he has HAD time enough for God's sake: 60 plus games, money to spend, the chance to select his own squad (sorry I mean about FIVE squads!), and nothing works. Yes we win the odd game or two, if I was manager with those players we would win the odd game, it says nothing for Simon Weaver.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 pm

You have to laugh at the fact that experienced people in the game are letting themselves down by letting this continue. The fact is that its all down to the money that Mr Weaver senior is putting into the club. Does anyone know about the owner of Hotel du Vin also investing in Harrogate Town FC allegedly?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

paulstreet wrote:I'm surprised that people are not more angry, but msybe its gone beyond that now. We are in a no win situation, had we lost 10-0 on Saturday the manager would still have been in place today and if what Bill said in the Evening Post Friday is true for the foreseeable future, results obviously don't matter anymore. I don't see how any sane person can continue to defend the manager or want to 'give him more time', he has HAD time enough for God's sake: 60 plus games, money to spend, the chance to select his own squad (sorry I mean about FIVE squads!), and nothing works. Yes we win the odd game or two, if I was manager with those players we would win the odd game, it says nothing for Simon Weaver.

I've gone beyond angry to the extent that i feel completely indifferent to each and every 6-0 drubbing, poor performance, etc. Even the good wife couldn't understand why I wasn't more concerned when the result on Sat rolled in. In fact, I think I'd be more bothered if Wagner was voted off X-factor - ironic really as he's about as talented as Weaver is!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Weaver is the man for the job....just watch. Alot of managers arnt given much chance these days, hell eventually prove the critics wrong!
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:12 pm

town supporter wrote:

I've gone beyond angry to the extent that i feel completely indifferent to each and every 6-0 drubbing, poor performance, etc. Even the good wife couldn't understand why I wasn't more concerned when the result on Sat rolled in. In fact, I think I'd be more bothered if Wagner was voted off X-factor - ironic really as he's about as talented as Weaver is!

This sums up how I feel too. If the Chairman doesn't care about the actual results why the hell should I? I've got plenty of other things I could be doing on a saturday afternoon.....this saturday I was slogging my guts out on a 65 mile cycle race around the dales in heavy showers and high winds, and it was still a lot more entertaining than watching town get hammered yet again,
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

YoungStato123 wrote:Weaver is the man for the job....just watch. Alot of managers arnt given much chance these days, hell eventually prove the critics wrong!
    I thought you'd spent he'll wrong but hey you got it right hell is watching him try to
    be a manager!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm

He will produce the goods, just watch. Were lucky we have alot of financial investment to get players such as Cook, Phillips, Bowey and Armstrong here. We are a progressing club and if we keep these bunch of players we will move forward. Got to be realistic about are chances this season, you lot are saying we could be set for relegation Shocked, we will finnish in Top 12 i bet on it!
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:17 am

YoungStato123 wrote:He will produce the goods, just watch. Were lucky we have alot of financial investment to get players such as Cook, Phillips, Bowey and Armstrong here. We are a progressing club and if we keep these bunch of players we will move forward. Got to be realistic about are chances this season, you lot are saying we could be set for relegation Shocked, we will finnish in Top 12 i bet on it!

Y.S. I'd like to see us finish staying in the League, in the top 12 would be something else. Like I said before I still don't have faith in W#@ver. Squad are solid and capable but not with him. He and Macca may have picked these players but they have not got the true potential out of them. Suspect
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am

rosvere wrote:
    YoungStato123 wrote:Weaver is the man for the job....just watch. Alot of managers arnt given much chance these days, hell eventually prove the critics wrong!
    I thought you'd spent he'll wrong but hey you got it right hell is watching him try to
    be a manager
    !!

Eh? Don't understand that?

Question Question Question Question Question

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 am

YoungStato123 wrote:He will produce the goods, just watch. Were lucky we have alot of financial investment to get players such as Cook, Phillips, Bowey and Armstrong here. We are a progressing club and if we keep these bunch of players we will move forward. Got to be realistic about are chances this season, you lot are saying we could be set for relegation Shocked, we will finnish in Top 12 i bet on it!

Young stato, I would argue that part of the problem is that I and many others don't want to watch as the performances are so poor. Also, do you really think we are progressing? - we finished bottom last season and despite an increased budget, are struggling to make mid-table. Compare that to Aspin's reign when we were pretty much guaranteed a top 6 finish.

The fact that we have players of the calibre of Cook, Phillips, Bowey and Armstrong, only serves to add to the frustration of many supporters, particularly as under the right guidance, we could be pushing for a top 5 finish.

Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Not to mention that all other clubs have multiple games in hand over us. Before we know it, we could well be playing around with the relegation places again. Let's see how long is takes for this positivity to be ebbed away as the performances remain poor. Watch how the board justify the odd win or draw here and there as an excuse to keep The Weavers in the saddle. Mad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 am

I was assuming Young statto was employing heavy irony but apparently he is being serious Shocked You undermine your own argument Mr. Statto. yes we DO have good players, thats precisely the point...good players seem to magically transform into poor players (Peter Knox anyone?) when our esteemed manager gets his mitts on them! As I have said umpteen times you could make excuses for Simon Weaver last season, but not by now: he has had time, money etc. and if anything the team is WORSE now (bearing in mind the players/budget) than the Poundland team of August last year, which never actually lost 6-0 Smile
    Also, as others have rightly said the last 18 months have decimated the fan base. IF (a big IF) SW does 'get it right', there will be about 150 fans left to cheer. Does anyone at the club CARE about that...Bill, Alan, anyone????
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

I may well be wide of the mark, but do you need coaching qualifications to manage a football team? If so, what?

Just a little query for the more knowledgeable (than me) of you out there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:34 am