Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Harrogate Town FC Fans Forum

Ball and Socket

Harrogate Town FC Fans Forum Empty Harrogate Town FC Fans Forum

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:47 pm

I would be grateful if you would take the time and do what I have just done then give me your opinion please. I wanted to get a perspective from the Redditch point of view so I googled Redditch FC but went on to their 'Fans Forum and low and behold came across what they did to intoduce their new manager in May.
    Matt Gardiner, the Redditch manager, was keen to meet The Valley Faithful on the evening of Monday May 17th. Matt was also keen that the main points from the Forum were posted on the club's official website. I add here the main questions asked by Redditch fans to their new manager

1) Why did you take the job?

2) What is your ideal style of play?

3) Are you planning having another Fans Forum?

4) Have you got any of the squad sorted out yet?

5) Will you be holding trials?

6) What is your managerial style: Suit or Tracksuit?

7) Will you be involved in coaching the team?

Matt Gardiner answered these and a few other fans questions. You can see all the questions and answers
    on the Redditch Fans Forum website.

What's the general opinion about how Redditch seem to treat their supporters and their opinions? Have a look at their Fans Forum website.
    Ball and Socket

Harrogate Town FC Fans Forum Empty Re: Harrogate Town FC Fans Forum

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 pm

60 viewings no replies!! Surely someone has an opinion? Any opinion. Its interesting to read on the Redditch Fans Forum what their manager thinks about his and the Redditch players involvement before and after a match. What do you think Town Supporter?
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Why can't we have a supporters 'Man of the Match' after home matches and make the award in the bar like they do at Redditch? Their manager says that it helps build that all important bond between players and supporters. I know using 60 players in the time Simon Weaver has been here does'nt make it easy for us to bond with any players!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Top Shout Ball and Socket, thats a brilliant idea. Shame it seems theres not alot of communication between supporters and club?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

communication between the club and supporters has been fairly poor for some time now. I hoped the club may be able to address this partly by appointing a fans' representative but disappointingly the club aren't receptive (on the basis that it has been tried before and didn't work).

It's a real shame that the club chooses not to engage with ordinary fans, particularly when I take time out of day job to recommend improvements which i genuinely believe will benefit the club.

I'll leave it at that for now ...
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 am

Ball and Socket wrote:Why can't we have a supporters 'Man of the Match' after home matches and make the award in the bar like they do at Redditch? Their manager says that it helps build that all important bond between players and supporters. I know using 60 players in the time Simon Weaver has been here does'nt make it easy for us to bond with any players!!

One thing against the fans is the "Cross Bar" not a cheap place to drink, no Sky Sports News (Freeview) not at the moment I just turn up and see the game then go home. Sod staying staying there or even going back there on non match days. Nothing will keep me there until it improves. scratch
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:51 pm

I know Doggy, the "Cross Bar" is a bit pricey but if a few of us met even for a quick half it would make a difference. Apart from the social angle you, me, anyone could get things off their chest. Quiet, calm, deliberation, disentangles every knot. Why do we need to seek permission from the club to vote for "Man of the Match" and then present the player with something appropriate? Answers on a postcard, nothing rude!!Freeview stopped showing Sky Sports a few months ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:56 pm