Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
j2021
Big Red Machine
pie and chips
7 posters

LIAM HARDY

pie and chips

LIAM HARDY Empty LIAM HARDY

Post by pie and chips Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Don't know any details, but am shocked by the injury to a player I've rated since I first saw him. The result pales into insignificance - good luck, Liam, our thoughts are with you, and we hope to see you back at Wetherby Road in full health as soon as possible.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

LIAM HARDY Empty Re: LIAM HARDY

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Well said pie and chips!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Wish him a speedy recovery, cant wait till hes back.
    daveangel
    daveangel

Post by daveangel Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I, and i'm sure all Gloucester City supporters, would like to send our best wishes to Liam Hardy, and wish him a full, and speedy recovery. Having seen a very similar injury to one of our lads earlier in the season, i echo the sentiment of a Harrogate poster, in that it makes results seem a bit unimportant. I hope you agree with my view that it was a clumsy challange at worst, and just "one of those things", as was Jack harris's injury vs Corby. One of our fans, Matt Clift, organised a bucket collection for Jack, the proceeds of which were presented to him at half time. Having spoken to Matt, it is our intention for him to do the same for Liam at our next home game vs Guisely in a fortnight. Not going to mend his leg any quicker, but hopefully will help him in some way.
    It was good to have a chat with a few of you fellas in the bar before the game, and i look forward to seeing you all again later in the season.

Best wishes and good luck till we come to see you!

Daveangel

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Liam is going okay after Saturday, spoke to my good friend Doots and said he gave him a phone call, hes back at his home in Doncaster, Such a shame generally though.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 pm

daveangel wrote:I, and i'm sure all Gloucester City supporters, would like to send our best wishes to Liam Hardy, and wish him a full, and speedy recovery. Having seen a very similar injury to one of our lads earlier in the season, i echo the sentiment of a Harrogate poster, in that it makes results seem a bit unimportant. I hope you agree with my view that it was a clumsy challange at worst, and just "one of those things", as was Jack harris's injury vs Corby. One of our fans, Matt Clift, organised a bucket collection for Jack, the proceeds of which were presented to him at half time. Having spoken to Matt, it is our intention for him to do the same for Liam at our next home game vs Guisely in a fortnight. Not going to mend his leg any quicker, but hopefully will help him in some way.
    It was good to have a chat with a few of you fellas in the bar before the game, and i look forward to seeing you all again later in the season.

Best wishes and good luck till we come to see you!

Daveangel

'A clumsy challenge at worst' Blimey, I daren't think what you'd consider a bad challenge to be. Having seen the video footage it's nothing short of a disgrace. The referee was absolutely spot on - there's absolutely no place for that type of challenge (if you can call it that) in football.

Anyway, best wishes to Liam Hardy for a speedy recovery. For me, he's been one of the few plus points for Town this season.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good the club giving him as much support as possible whilst he recovers. I know we criticise the club for a lot of things, but this is real gesture and hopefully Liam can return to the player he was.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Totally agree - he is a player with commitment and skill, deserves the full support of the Team. Well done, Bill, we look forward to seeing him line up again as soon as possible.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm

I have an interview with Liam and Andy in the pipeline. The programme will also be following Liam's progress as his treatment continues.
    HTFCalex
    HTFCalex

Post by HTFCalex Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Hope to see him back soon,a good lad and a great player at this level

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm