Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
nobby99
Innocent Bystander
V'
trevdee
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
Ball and Socket
11 posters

Liam & Robbie

Ball and Socket

Liam & Robbie Empty Liam & Robbie

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Its great to see Liam Hardy and Robbie Youhill back in the fold. Liam got 20 minutes or so at Hastings and if Simon had had Robbie for the Cup Replay too God knows the problems his direct approach would have caused Hastings. However, Robbie is BACK and getting at defences and it would be great if the Harrogate Town support can get down to Wetherby Rd on Saturday for the Gloucester game and get behind the team. Come on Simon fire them up and get an attacking formation out to entertain us.
    TheNeil29

Liam & Robbie Empty Re: Liam & Robbie

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm

I always thought it was a mistake sending him on loan to Railway. I'm just glad he is back and playing well. Hopefully, we will get to see him become a permanent fixture in the first team.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Nothing personal but I believe the decision to send him to Railway was spot on - I have watched him play throughout that period and have seen his confidence grow alongside performances that have all followed a steady upward curve. A period on the bench would have done little good for his confidence IMO - playing competitive football under a manager who likes his team to play football did the opposite. In my experience a very approachable guy - why not ask him Wink
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Yep I agree with Ged on this one..when he is good he is great and when he is bad it puts a lot of pressure on our right full back...He did have a huge dip early on and seems like the loan has done his confidence the world of good...Good to see him back and lets hope Hardy returns to that form the the first few games just before he got injured...He absolutely tore the defense to bits in one game but can't recall who against (glad we stuck with them both).
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I always thought it was a mistake sending him on loan to Railway. I'm just glad he is back and playing well. Hopefully, we will get to see him become a permanent fixture in the first team.

Could you explain why you think it was a mistake to send him to Railway on loan?
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Just in case you missed it before
    Here is Robbie's winner against Tadcaster Albion
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 pm

V' wrote:
    TheNe

il29 wrote:
    I always thought it was a mistake sending him on loan to Railway. I'm just glad he is back and playing well. Hopefully, we will get to see him become a permanent fixture in the first team.

Could you explain why you think it was a mistake to send him to Railway on loan?
    Because, in my opinion he is a very good player, who I believe should be a first team regular. Thats my answer.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    V' wrote:
    TheNe

il29 wrote:

Because, in my opinion he is a very good player, who I believe should be a first team regular. Yes, he had a form dip, but other players in the squad have had dips in form, and were not sent out on loan. Robbie also has the ability to run at opposition players and take them on, which if we had Robbie available, results would have been remarkably improved.

Everyone has an opinion. That's mine.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:46 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:
    V' wrote:
    TheNe

il29 wrote:

Because, in my opinion he is a very good player, who I believe should be a first team regular. Yes, he had a form dip, but other players in the squad have had dips in form, and were not sent out on loan. Robbie also has the ability to run at opposition players and take them on, which if we had Robbie available, results would have been remarkably improved.

Everyone has an opinion. That's mine.

Mmmm, of course you're entitled to your opinion, even if you're wrong.... He's been out a long time and needed match fitness. He won't get that in training or sitting on the bench or struggling by being thrown into a first team match - and losing confidence and maybe losing the game. Railway was ideal and it helped him get match fit. We're lucky to have 2 local clubs who liaise well to the benefit of both clubs. Yes there's a bit of local rivalry which is good , but its mainly its between a few 12 year old fans on either side, at boardroom level links have always been good. Hardy will be back but he'll have to earn his place.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

And who the hell are you to say that im wrong? It is my opinion, and that is it, period.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Well, I dont think I am wrong, but that is your opinion. All Robbie needed was a run in the first team, which I hope he now receives. Tuesday night obviously helped. When it comes to liam, he is 3rd choice striker for me. But a good option to have on the bench. I cant see him being at the club nect season.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 pm

i loved both a railway :)with there help it has moved railway out of relegation fear.... which is good for harrogate football

Both have improved in not only confidence but also general play IMO.... and both are not scared of taking there man on and having a shot Smile

Hopfully this link can continue because it i great for both clubs....a little like in the spanish leaguesthey have a similar idea of Barca A and B for example....
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes Ged, Robbie has benefited from playing regularly in Railway's first team. However, he would have done the same in Harrogate Town's team if the management had had the confidence to play him regularly instead of bringing him on in the last few minutes of several games which helped destroy his confidence and certainly did not help his fitness. Perhaps an assistant manager who did not quite rate Robbie has changed his mind? I know Robbie from doing some mentoring at Bilton Grange Primary School last season where Robbie was coaching but not CRB checked whereas I was. I offered to help Tad out for several weeks while he could concentrate on other things. I know how approachable he is as he is a Teaching Assistant at St John's Primary School where my wife is Headteacher. We had most of the staff at the school at our house for drinks before they went out for their Christmas 'do'. I had an informative chat with Robbie and Ben Clayton, Dan Clayton's brother, about life in the universe, Railway, Harrogate Town and Knaresborough Town. Ben is also a teaching Assistant at St John's and I believe going on to Teacher Training later this year. I HOPE the game is on tomorrow so that we can all get behind the team. sunny

Liam & Robbie Empty LTAD

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Long term athlete development programmes often and should incorporate continuous professional development programmes to bolster the growth of the FA 4 corners
    Robbie is a very bright young man and the move out to Railway has proven to be a key run in the ladder in his personal development, positive he he will go on to a bright future
    Had a HTAFC coach at our school recently, great news and fully enhanced CRB check

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

It will only be proven to be key if he is given a chance in the first team, and not sent back out on loan after a few off games. I fully concur with ball and sockets view on this one.
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm

According to the Official Frickley Athletic website Liam has signed for them
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm not surprised in this to be honest. The horrific injuries won't have helped him either, and first team football will help him.

I hope he bangs the goals in for Frickley now, the only problem is, apart from Chib and Beesley, we have Jonny Allan and Danny Forrest as the other up front options.......I would have rather have seen those 2 go than Liam, but obviously Simon sees something in them, he didnt in Liam.
    htown

Post by htown Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 pm

It might not have been simon's decision. Allan and Forrest will probably accept their future as second string strikers but liam may have just wanted to be recognised as a first team striker so left to play at a level that is only one below blue square. Not a bad move for him really.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am

Shame in a way to see him go, but I honestly don't think he was BSN standard. Playing regular football will be the best thing for him, and he seems to have had a hand in Frickley's goals Saturday. Good luck to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:21 pm