Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
YorkshireLad123
paulstreet
Bradley-FCHT
sagalout
Johnny
sulphurite
andytheh
j2021
Big Red Machine
13 posters

Town to face FC Halifax Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

worryaboutphelan

Town to face FC Halifax Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. - Page 2 Empty Re: Town to face FC Halifax Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

Post by worryaboutphelan Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 pm

I am a Halifax fan

Now i feel you have got the direction of your concerns about which players to worry about leads to the 2 strikers, whilst they are both quality strikers and quite caperble of destroying any defense at this level and the level above.

The best player in our team i think is Scott Phelan, midfeilder, missed a few games towards the start of the season, he has come back into the side and has been our star man on numerous occasions, he has great technique for this level, he wouldnt be out of place in the Bluw Square Premier or League 2.

he can pick a great pass, he doesnt score many goals, although i dont know how as when he shoots from the edge of the box he is usually on target. he's strong, likes a tackle, he has the all round game to play at a much higher level.

i feel you can't just look at one part of our team though. we are strong all over the park, The defense has kept 3 successive clean sheets along with the keeper, the midfeilders are playing well, the wingers are chipping in with goals and the attackers are scoring for fun. its a big pitch a big ground with a loud vocal 1,500 average attendance, you might come looking for a win, you should be very happy though if you somehow manage to leave the Shay with a replay.

looking forward to the game.

Have a safe journey over and a safe return trip home.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Town to face FC Halifax Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. - Page 2 Empty Re: Town to face FC Halifax Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 pm

worryaboutphelan wrote:

you might come looking for a win, you should be very happy though if you somehow manage to leave the Shay with a replay.

There is an old saying young jedi of "pride before a fall!"
    worryaboutphelan

Post by worryaboutphelan Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
    worryaboutphelan wrote:

you might come looking for a win, you should be very happy though if you somehow manage to leave the Shay with a replay.

There is an old saying young jedi of "pride before a fall!"

I was also worried about that a while back when i thought our home record was too good to be true.

over the last month or so though, we have managed to move up a level and still be as deadly at home.

many away fans have been confident of leaving with something over the last 18 months all of them have left with a point or less, 0 have left with all 3 points.

it will come to an end at some point, i just cant see it happen whilst were in this sort of form.

i admire your confidence in your team though, it starts at a 50/50 chance, maybe you might be able to unlock the door to a win that noone has managed in so long.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm

League form counts for nothing in a cup match!
    worryaboutphelan

Post by worryaboutphelan Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:League form counts for nothing in a cup match!

I am aware of this. which is why i said it will end at some point. it has to, were not going to win the fa cup are we Laughing

lets just leave it at that. may the best team win.

have a safe trip over, and back
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I hate to be a pessimist, but the best thing for HTFC would be an absolute thrashing, as surely that would accelerate Weaver's departure. He has turned the club into the laughing stock of the BSN.

I have Halifax to win 4-1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:03 am