Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Town at Wembley

Crossan

Town at Wembley Empty Town at Wembley

Post by Crossan Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:22 am

Well considering what's just happened its been very quiet on this forum!!!   Well done Harrogate Town absolutely fantastic display at Wembley only wish I could have been there!  Town played some great football could have been 3/4 up at half time, the early goal from Notts could have had a big impact on Town but they weathered the early pressure and began to play their football.  Third goal was a killer, would have loved to have seen Stead put away the fourth but it was not to be.

Well done Lads and everyone involved with the team, looking forward to Division 2.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Town at Wembley Empty Re: Town at Wembley

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Don't think too many people frequent here now.

If you've got Facebook, the Supporters Facebook group is extremely busy at the moment. We've even managed to get Townfan on there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jordan
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Been on there since Dec 2016!!!

HTAFC Away Travel likes this post

Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:02 am

Facebook may or may not be OK but surely a club of our standing should have an active traditional fans forum. I enjoy looking at other clubs forums and usually find plenty that is worth reading. Goodness knows what fans of other clubs make of our forum when all we can offer is some rubbish from Loudmouth and some extremely negative stuff from Trainset.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:07 am

There was a lot of negativety on this forum over the years particularly against the Weavers which put people off. Ended up with just those left and now (unsurprisingly) they have now gone.
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:21 am

I sometimes include references to Town in the "bogend boardhost" forum of the team that means more to me than Harrogate ever will. You may find the current "I had a dream" thread of some interest. DeePee's comment on his single visit to Wetherby Road is a reminder that the, to me, inexplicable abuse of the Weavers on this forum also extended to match days in their presence which would have been even more offensive.
    Crossan

Town at Wembley Empty Town at Wembley

Post by Crossan Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 am

Thank you re the comments made "away travel" about using Facebook , I would prefer to use this site although it does appears to be "dying" on its feet!!!!

I see Town have arranged an Open Bus tour of the town, much as would like to show my appreciation to the players and backroom staff is this really a good idea given the current Covid19 situation. North Yorkshire County Council cancelled the plan to show the Wembley game via a large screen with social distance between groups of six people. Why then is it acceptable to have an open top bus driving through the town with the possibilty of this attracing large numbers of people???
    BB

Post by BB Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:01 am

It would be a shame if this forum died... I remember many years of, let's say, 'spirited debate' on this, and the previous, forum.
    Hopefully things will pick up when we start playing again.
    Maybe some of the newby supporters will contribute.
    Regarding the parade.. I reckon there'll be enough room along the route to keep socially distanced.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 am

Too much negativity on here to bother with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:29 pm