Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
paulstreet
TownUltra
6 posters

Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley?

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley? Empty Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley?

Post by TownUltra Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:20 pm

5 in a row? Could this be the start of a run? Side to play? Formations?

For me this is a big game. Form and the WRCC give us the psychological edge. Would like us to really go for it!

Chib will be back, most likely from the bench.

COME ON TOWN
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley? Empty Re: Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley?

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Lot depends on the injury situation, hope that Franks and Shane Killock are back. I'd like to see us stick with Hall and Worsfold upfront, but that would be tough on Hardy, who desrves to start. Mitchell has to play, can we find room in the starting XI for Dom Rowe?

Big game Saturday: need to keep the run going, get the £4000 prize money, get one over oui local rivals (again!). 4-1 would be nice with Chib scoring a consolation for 'the Avenue'!

Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley? Empty Re: Town V BPA FA Trophy Thread- The Road to Wembley?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 pm

In the event of a draw, will there be a replay or will the tie be settled on the day?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Tough selection ahead with players chomping at the bit...I would start Hall with Hardy, play a 442, 2 bright sparks on the wing with Bolder and Brown in the middle, but then Nelthorpe played well last game so nelthorpe with Bolder? or Hardy on his own with Nelthorpe playing off him?........Chibs started the other week, looked quite lively until he picked up an injury...He played right mid/wing, don't know why managers put him there really......Hopefully we will have the guys fit at the back because BPA will be hurting after 3 straight defeats.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:19 pm

My 11

4-4-2

Assuming Samuels and Nowa crocked

Craig
    Bloomer
    Killock
    Franks
    Mezza
    Taylor
    Bolder
    Nelthorpe
    Hall
    Hardy
    Rowe

Harsh on Mitchell , Brown and Worsfold, but all would be coming on 60-75mins

If Franks or Killock injured then Brown centre back (he plays either cm or cb?) with Bloomer right back.

Competition for places!

Could be a cracker.

COME ON TOWN!!
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:30 pm

If there is a draw there will be a replay
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Really looking forward to this one now, last home game for a while so lets make the most of it! Got a new wooly hat and thermal socks so I'm all set Smile 
    Tough selection for Simon but as TownUltra suggests we will probably be playing 14 men anyway (not all at the same time alas!). Looking forward to seeing Chib again, just hope he doesn't spoil our party!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Stat Off:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Tough one for Town tomorrow with all of the injuries ... but cup football dictates a positive approach and we seem to have the momentum going forward and with players coming off the interchange bench who can score key goals. Sad to miss the match but I will be following it online. Go Town!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:20 am

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Most enjoyable 2nd half I have seen all season end to end action with both teams going for it...Thought both teams could have gone and won it but we edged it...Defiantly Brown  MOM for me, he was a rock, won everything had a few shots shame he couldn't slot home that one on one.

Oh and great atmosphere too, keep it up young lads!

Just a shame we have to go back and replay on their shite pitch but oh well, some nice chips coming up.

My only criticism if you could call it that is that our forwards need to start holding that ball up to wait for players to join them...time and time again both Hall and Beesley were guilty of trying to flick on with no one near them gifting the ball straight back to BPA.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Yeah great to see Brown coming through now.

You feel but for the Franks injury and the subsequent needed reshuffle that we would have gone on to win. But that's football, credit to Taylor Nelthorpe and Merris playing out of position. At least we didn't lose, credit to the spirit of the players and a good atmosphere created too.

Let's hope Franks isn't too bad and that Killock, Nowa and Samuels are back soon. Any news on how long they are out for?

Monday night should be a good game too! We can do it!

YELLOW AND BLACK ARMY
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:39 pm

20min 10 sec in!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:19 am

Surprisingly few posts! The second half was certainly exciting, far TOO exciting for my nervous system! Not the greatest game skill-wise, but darned exciting. My only crit would be my surprise that Ashley was left on the bench, no disrespect to Beesley, but he didn't really make a contribution, Worsfold just [u]might[u] have been in the right place to grab us a winner. Thought Mitchell was superb by the way, in the 3rd minute of injury time his cross across goal just needed someone (Worsfold?) to get a boot on it. Lets hope Hardy's last two poor games are just a temporary blip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 am