Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
GARAGE
boselecta
Naassaint
Chips97
TheNeil30
paulstreet
10 posters

Nuneaton- life's good

Surplus

Nuneaton- life's good - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuneaton- life's good

Post by Surplus Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Considering makeshift defence 0-0 halftime is pretty good. Couple of chances but not much else!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Carefree wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:I assume you smoke then Carefree.

Possibly.

Extremely frustrating approach, when many folk have suggested otherwise about doing this. Very workable approaches could have been made to remedy the accepted reasons for the club thinking of it in the first place.
    Not the only football ground in the country to be a no smoking stadium.
    It might be a bit easier if smokers didn't throw their fag ends on the floor and used the bins provided.
    Seems they can manage on 3 hour+ flights.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:29 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:Well, beware, there are forces out there trying to reduce/nil alcohol intake. Anyway, assuming this is the right thread, I'm hoping today will show us as title contenders, but fear the worst!
    Facts are we're 2nd, played well on occasions, indifferently on others, and the 6 sides we've played lie in the bottom 7 of the league table.
    Big test today - draw/win or lose admirably and we're in contention. Anything else and I fear the worst. £1.29 with camra voucher for abbot ale in the Barum Top and I can deal with an honourable defeat, but would also be in ecstasy with a win or draw!
    Facts are we're 3rd, played well on occasions, indifferently on others, and 6 of the 7 sides we've played lie in the bottom 7 of the league table.
    Passed a big test today.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Curzon and FC Utd will present different tests but we need to put these 2 teams to bed.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:I assume you smoke then Carefree.

Possibly.

Extremely frustrating approach, when many folk have suggested otherwise about doing this. Very workable approaches could have been made to remedy the accepted reasons for the club thinking of it in the first place.
    Not the only football ground in the country to be a no smoking stadium.
    It might be a bit easier if smokers didn't throw their fag ends on the floor and used the bins provided.
    Seems they can manage on 3 hour+ flights.

And you take 3 hour flights once or twice a week as a means of enjoyment? Bad analogy TF, about as weak as the clubs efforts to put something in place that isn’t hugely contradictory to themselves – ie having folk at functions at the club in the evenings where folk who care litte for the club can smoke right next to the pitch still!

The club could easily create a couple of areas with some cig bins away from the pitch, self-policed by us and allowing a far easier ride than just shoving the stewards out there to enforce a contradictory and draconian rule change, after season tickets have been purchased, with no consultation – which impacts quite a few loyal staff and fans in enjoying their own matchday experience and work. I could go into the semantics of why these types of steps impact on the true growth of the club but hopefully acting as a point of difference to a sea of beige premier league/championship clubs that have increasingly sort to control and conform its fans into consumers with actions like this, is seeing a lot of football fans embrace the relative freeness and ease of non league football.

I take it you are also similarly appalled by litter or chewing gum being dropped at football matches? If you are perhaps you could go around with some marigolds and a bin bag during each game so nothing at all gets dropped on the terraces.

So please do allow me to shout up against something that has not been thought through and handled thus far rather badly. Oh and if you got out and about to football you would know there are a lot of clubs with far, far bigger grounds and crowds than ours who are actually reversing these decesions – not implementing them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 pm