Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Town v. Nuneaton

Burt
    Burt

Town v. Nuneaton Empty Town v. Nuneaton

Post by Burt Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Evening all,

First time poster, so treat me gently Smile

Me and four mates will be having a long lads weekend on 4/5/6 November and one of our "traditions" in addition to beer, curry and rock concerts is taking in a football match.

We will be coming to see Town v. Nuneaton on Saturday 5 November and are very much looking forward to it.

I hope you don't mind me asking some questions - any advice would be gratefully received!

1. We will be staying in a hotel in central Leeds, so what is the best way to get to the ground?

2. Is there a decent boozer where we can get a couple of sherberts in before the game?

3. Which part of the ground is the best place to stand/sit?

We will of course be cheering on the home side. It is about all we can agree on, given between us we support Burnley, Fulham, Arsenal, Reading and Spurs!

Cheers

Burt
    TheNeil29

Town v. Nuneaton Empty Re: Town v. Nuneaton

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Burt,

1. Get the bus number 770 from Leeds Bus Station. This will take you directly to Wetherby Road, and the ground is 2 minutes walk from the Stop.

2. Their is a boozer called the Woodlands about 5 minutes from the ground. Not the best place, but the beer is good. Also have the cross bar pub on site, but the beer isnt that great.

3. Would suggest you stand on the non-seating side, a bit more of an atmosphere there, than sat in the stand.

We are expecting a good performance, as we have had a few really unlucky results at Stalybridge and Hyde, so there should be 300-400 supporters.

Hope this helps.
    Burt
    Burt

Post by Burt Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you for the advice Mt TheNeil29 sir.

Very useful.

I watched the youtube highlights from the Stalybridge match and if they were anything to go by it should be a good game - the Town showed good spirit in coming back from 2 goals down, and if they keep things tight at the end of each half then hopefully it will be 3 points in the bag Smile

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Burt

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 am

You could get the train ( a bit quicker) that takes you to central Harrogate: have a stroll around the picturesque centre: maybe have a jar or two at Hales Bar (very historic, gas lighting and all that!) ask for the Valley Gardens its very near there. You can walk to the ground fairly easily from the centre or catch the 770 (headed towards Leeds) from the bus station (20 and 50 minutes past the hour), it drops you outside. Lets hope Town provide the fireworks!!
    Burt
    Burt

Post by Burt Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks for that. We should have time to do a bit of a stroll around the centre beforehand.

I have a follow-up question...

Can anyone recommend a good Indian? We are actually seeing GMT at the West Park Hotel that evening, so should hopefully have time for a curry and a pint or two Smile
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 pm

To be honest, you'll be hard pushed to find a bad one. But compared to Leeds they may be a bit pricey (you won't find a "spit and sawdust" type)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 am