Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too!

Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too! Empty Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Good to see and hear about how good Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor are playing for their loan teams. Both of them getting and assisting in the Goals of late for them. I really can't wait to see them back. Like Rowe, Taylor is a fantastic winger and crosser of the ball, and Liam is a nippy striker who can create and score goals in a instant to turn a game around. As much as I love seeing Ironside, Smith and Yussef at the team, getting Liam and Cleveland back soon excites me greatly for the closing end of the season. I hope they are back soon for sure.

Good to see Michael Woods training hard at the Colwyn Bay warm up before the game, he looked dazzling, and you can tell when he comes back, it will be just the boost Town need.

The prospect of seeing all 3 back in squad soon is surely on the cards I would hope.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too! Empty Re: Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too!

Post by rangerider Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:54 pm

you need to ask why where they loaned out in the first place? i would love to see Woods back but not bothered about the other two
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too! Empty Re: Good on Liam Hardy and Cleveland Taylor! Good to see Michael Woods train too!

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 am

Liam looked the business for a few games this season, but went off the pace. Bit surprised to see Taylor go on loan, but we do have a big squad, so better that he is playing.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 am

I think we'll need Liam and Cleveland back when their loan moves run out. Ironside hasn't got long left now, and I would consider playing Ironside from the start this Saturday, with Dom Rowe aiding on the wing, and Hall up front, backed by power houses Anton and Boulder. I'd love to see Taylor and Rowe on either side of the wings when Cleveland returns, Rowe is banging in the goals now, and with plenty of crosses, I can see Hall reaching 20 goals.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:52 pm

CraigHurle wrote:I think we'll need Liam and Cleveland back when their loan moves run out. Ironside hasn't got long left now, and I would consider playing Ironside from the start this Saturday, with Dom Rowe aiding on the wing, and Hall up front, backed by power houses Anton and Boulder. I'd love to see Taylor and Rowe on either side of the wings when Cleveland returns, Rowe is banging in the goals now, and with plenty of crosses, I can see Hall reaching 20 goals.

Not like me to spoil the party but neither player is good enough to get the team promoted. It was a mistake to offer Liam a contract beyond the end of this season. I'd be surprised if Cleveland was offered another contract - he too isn't good enough to get us promoted. You suggest a preference for Taylor and Rowe but offer no explanation what you'd do with Dan Clayton. And by picking Bolder and Brown, this would surely involve dropping Nowakowski, which also makes no sense.

Simon should stick with the players that have performed so well over the last couple of months, there is no need to start tinkering with the line up. Simon has a tendancy to mess about with the line up and formations and it rarely does much good.

Anton has been a disappointment, which is a shame, particularly given his proven ability (albeit whilst playing for Alfreton), which for whatever reason has not been that evident at Town. His body language says a lot - clearly a guy short on confidence - a good manager wouldn't let that happen. In pre-season i truly believed he had the potential to be one of the team's star performers.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:31 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:I think we'll need Liam and Cleveland back when their loan moves run out. Ironside hasn't got long left now, and I would consider playing Ironside from the start this Saturday, with Dom Rowe aiding on the wing, and Hall up front, backed by power houses Anton and Boulder. I'd love to see Taylor and Rowe on either side of the wings when Cleveland returns, Rowe is banging in the goals now, and with plenty of crosses, I can see Hall reaching 20 goals.

Not like me to spoil the party but neither player is good enough to get the team promoted.  It was a mistake to offer Liam a contract beyond the end of this season.  I'd be surprised if Cleveland was offered another contract - he too isn't good enough to get us promoted.  You suggest a preference for Taylor and Rowe but offer no explanation what you'd do with Dan Clayton.  And by picking Bolder and Brown, this would surely involve dropping Nowakowski, which also makes no sense.

Simon should stick with the players that have performed so well over the last couple of months, there is no need to start tinkering with the line up.  Simon has a tendancy to mess about with the line up and formations and it rarely does much good.

Anton has been a disappointment, which is a shame, particularly given his proven ability (albeit whilst playing for Alfreton), which for whatever reason has not been that evident at Town.  His body language says a lot - clearly a guy short on confidence - a good manager wouldn't let that happen.  In pre-season i truly believed he had the potential to be one of the team's star performers.    

Have to agree with the majority of that TS.....Hardy is ok running with the ball, but his distribution isn't good enough if playing on the wing and isn't a great out and out striker....Taylor isn't the player he used to be, shows glimpses of great skill but doesn't shine enough to warrant a place on the pitch and as for Brown...Perhaps a guy who has lost the legs, I suggested a long time ago on a post, after all the glorious years at Alfreton why did he leave, why did the manager let him go? Perhaps he had been told he would be a bench warmer, perhaps the Alfreton manager had also seen this. For now noone else should be in the running for the wings other than Clayton, Rowe and Mallory (sweetest crosser I have seen at this level). And even the thought of dropping Adam N for Brown isn't worth considering, as Adam has been by far our best and most consistent player this season....Never said it before but if he shows the rate of improvement that he has shown this season we will do well to hang on to him (and at least you can see why I big him up now TS, I have been startled at just how much he drives this team now).
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Nowakowsk must be in the running for player of the year now, always said he was a good player trev lol!  but hey what do i know?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Yes you did ha.....There were some very very poor performances last year though, I just spoke what I saw on the pitch at the time, however that is all past....Wouldn't hesitate giving him player of the year!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

only joking with you Trev, just glad for the lad

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 pm

trevdee wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

Not like me to spoil the party but neither player is good enough to get the team promoted.  It was a mistake to offer Liam a contract beyond the end of this season.  I'd be surprised if Cleveland was offered another contract - he too isn't good enough to get us promoted.  You suggest a preference for Taylor and Rowe but offer no explanation what you'd do with Dan Clayton.  And by picking Bolder and Brown, this would surely involve dropping Nowakowski, which also makes no sense.

Simon should stick with the players that have performed so well over the last couple of months, there is no need to start tinkering with the line up.  Simon has a tendancy to mess about with the line up and formations and it rarely does much good.

Anton has been a disappointment, which is a shame, particularly given his proven ability (albeit whilst playing for Alfreton), which for whatever reason has not been that evident at Town.  His body language says a lot - clearly a guy short on confidence - a good manager wouldn't let that happen.  In pre-season i truly believed he had the potential to be one of the team's star performers.    

Have to agree with the majority of that TS.....Hardy is ok running with the ball, but his distribution isn't good enough if playing on the wing and isn't a great out and out striker....Taylor isn't the player he used to be, shows glimpses of great skill but doesn't shine enough to warrant a place on the pitch and as for Brown...Perhaps a guy who has lost the legs, I suggested a long time ago on a post, after all the glorious years at Alfreton why did he leave, why did the manager let him go? Perhaps he had been told he would be a bench warmer, perhaps the Alfreton manager had also seen this. For now noone else should be in the running for the wings other than Clayton, Rowe and Mallory (sweetest crosser I have seen at this level). And even the thought of dropping Adam N for Brown isn't worth considering, as Adam has been by far our best and most consistent player this season....Never said it before but if he shows the rate of improvement that he has shown this season we will do well to hang on to him (and at least you can see why I big him up now TS, I have been startled at just how much he drives this team now).

I must admit I thought I was witnessing a different player. It was his distribution I was most impressed with. Spraying inch perfect balls with ease. Didn't realise he had it in him. Happy for the lad to have proven me wrong.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:32 pm

adam nowakowski is simply fantastic. I'd consider him one of the leagues best players, good enough for the conference and tiers above. And Clayton too is fantastic. That's the problem, and it's a good one, the team has alot of options. Who do you pick and who would you have the bench? And of course, Mallory, how can I forget him? Man. That's why I don't relish Simon's job. He has to pick his best team from some wonderful players.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 pm

town supporter wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

I must admit I thought I was witnessing a different player. It was his distribution I was most impressed with. Spraying inch perfect balls with ease. Didn't realise he had it in him. Happy for the lad to have proven me wrong.

yes reminded me of Franz Beckenbauer  lol! 

for the young ones who have never seen him [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:25 am

One selection problem solved for this afternoon, Clayton injured so Dom Rowe starts (please!). Adam has been a revelation, no doubt about that. Time for Hall, Worsfold and Ironside to step up to the plate this afternoon, to win I think we are going to need 3 goals.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Looks as though Liam has been recalled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:28 pm