Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
paulstreet
Chips97
6 posters

Town Secure Pittman Deal

Chips97

Town Secure Pittman Deal Empty Town Secure Pittman Deal

Post by Chips97 Fri May 27, 2016 11:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simon Weaver adds more experience to his squad with the signing of ex-Grimsby marksman, John Paul Pittman.

Apparently a striker/winger so obviously a player which we needed! S
    Surplus

Town Secure Pittman Deal Empty Re: Town Secure Pittman Deal

Post by Surplus Fri May 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Need some more options up front. Jury for me is out on Knowles, he either makes or breaks this season. So far SW is doing the business but we need proper quality to get out of this division. We've got some options with Reeks and u21's on the bench but aim has got to be to go up this season.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Fri May 27, 2016 5:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri May 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Sounds like a good lad, hopefully score a hatful, help the younger players and Knowles and drive us forward. Still think we need another proven striker after running dry in the last campaign but things looking up after Daniels jumping ship.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, certainly an interesting signing. Loads of higher league experience, decent but not brilliant goal scoring record. Age 29 so that is OK. Could be a good signing.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri May 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Agreed Paul. I'd still like to see an absolute goal monster signed who you can bank 20 goals with. Not sure if SW is going to play fast and low on he 3G or look for a big striker who's good in the air for crosses but either way let's keep signing quality!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat May 28, 2016 6:49 am

Surplus wrote:Agreed Paul. I'd still like to see an absolute goal monster signed who you can bank 20 goals with. Not sure if SW is going to play fast and low on he 3G or look for a big striker who's good in the air for crosses but either way let's keep signing quality!

I would sign Denton and Walters and that would be business done for Simon. Denton is the 20 goal a season man and Walters would be one of the fastest strikers in this league. They would seriously be worth every penny.

Denton, Walters, Pittman and Knowles. That would be one of, if not the best forward lines in the League. Imagine those 4 being supplied by the likes of Kerry, Platt, Brooksby and Emmett. We would absolutely smash this league up.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat May 28, 2016 8:49 am

Is Denton in the market as he's just got promotion? Not sure what's happening over there at north ferrets re manager but can't be good preparation for step up to big school! Still think we need that goal machine, quality creative mid and left back area sorting. As said, going to need legs this season so big squad, hungry and fit as fleas as it'll be a right scrap to match FC Utd ( currently touring Detroit ), Salford City, fylde ( x2 of the top scorers last season), Tamworth , Stockport etc etc.
    This season, we have got to nail consistently grinding out wins ala Solihull, and stop dropping points to teams who we should beat on paper. Need to clinically manage games and get off to a blistering start. Can't wait.

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2016 10:11 am

Sounds like a great signing and, importantly, a top bloke as well judging by what Grimsby fans have got to say about him. Can't wait to see him in action.

Who needs ballers who can't cross.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat May 28, 2016 1:52 pm

Surplus wrote:Is Denton in the market as he's just got promotion? Not sure what's happening over there at north ferrets re manager but can't be good preparation for step up to big school! Still think we need that goal machine, quality creative mid and left back area sorting. As said, going to need legs this season so big squad, hungry and fit as fleas as it'll be a right scrap to match FC Utd ( currently touring Detroit ), Salford City, fylde ( x2 of the top scorers last season), Tamworth , Stockport etc etc.
    This season, we have got to nail consistently grinding out wins ala Solihull, and stop dropping points to teams who we should beat on paper. Need to clinically manage games and get off to a blistering start. Can't wait.

Boston are sniffing around Denton as the Boston Manager is messaging him via his twitter feed. If I was Simon, I would be doing everything to get his signature.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sat May 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Personally not too keen on bringing Denton in. Not pretty football to watch with him in the team and would make us one dimensional.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sat May 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Personally not too keen on bringing Denton in. Not pretty football to watch with him in the team and would make us one dimensional.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat May 28, 2016 2:09 pm

100% better than Clayton
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat May 28, 2016 2:28 pm

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:Personally not too keen on bringing Denton in. Not pretty football to watch with him in the team and would make us one dimensional.

I think he would be a fantastic addition and I do say that with his height in mind as well (6ft 7in. He'd lose sod all in aerial challenges).

Although I can see your point of view, and agree to an extent, the way I also look at it is he has the same characteristics of Clayton, but he is a lot more prolific. (very good in the air, and can hold the ball up as well and his first touch from what I have seen is very good indeed)

But saying all this, he will probably end up going elsewhere anyway so it is hypothetical.

I'd be massively surprised if we managed to get his signature.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat May 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Robbie McDaid, released from Leeds as well as Walker. Trouble would be attracting talent who've got eyes set elsewhere. Would like to think we can definately offer promotion prospects this time round, as well as superior training and match setup. Lots of these lads have been on loan to national league clubs, so need to convince them to sign here or their parent clubs that they will learn and be part of a positive forward thinking set up. Want to be aiming for gates over 800 this season, and with the massed ranks of FC Utd etc should be achievable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm