Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
rangerider
Faraway Fan
gedmaloney
A1 drifter
Big Lundy
Townfan
Surplus
boselecta
paulstreet
HTAFC Away Travel
Chips97
Mike of Wetherby
16 posters

Flyde-C'mon Town

Surplus

Flyde-C'mon Town Empty Flyde-C'mon Town

Post by Surplus Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Already excited about this one. Could possibly be a dull affair with both teams happy to play for the draw but not one we can afford to lose. Does anyone know when Nuneatons appeal against their point deduction takes place?
    Mike of Wetherby

Flyde-C'mon Town Empty Re: Flyde-C'mon Town

Post by Mike of Wetherby Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:33 pm

According to today's NLP they are still awaiting a date which seems ridiculous and shambolic as the deduction was some time ago. At this rate the playoffs will be postponed! The NLP match report is headlined Town's play off place is secured. I am struggling to work this out. If the unthinkable happens and we lose both matches and Boston beat Nuneaton etc.........Am I missing something?
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 pm

If Boston beat Nuneaton it may well seal the issue for us anyway as not sure Nuneaton can catch us?

Last edited by Surplus on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    Mike of Wetherby

Post by Mike of Wetherby Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:47 am

Even if Nuneaton lose to Boston and don't get their points back they still have 3 games to get to a possible 70. Boston can get to 71 if they win both their games. Town have 69.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:14 am

No slip ups on this 1 then. Can either put out a 1-10 formation and park the bus against flyde with a view to turning Corby inside out and getting the 3 pts or go for nail biting end to end stuff. I'm suspecting the latter.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MASSIVE game this one. Gonna be a really tough game to win especially with it being their last home league game at that ground! They will be even more fired up.

If we get a point I'd be fairly pleased with that as long as we can go and hammer Corby, they'll have no nerves though as they're already relegated.

CMONTOWN!!!!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Not sure I'm going to be able to watch your Twitter feed chips! Might have to sink my head in a bucket of wet cement until 5pm then look at the final score through my fingers like when I used to watch Dr Who as a kid. Feels like this is already a win or lose playoff game!

Last edited by Surplus on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:45 pm

If Nuneaton don't win tomorrow night at Gloucester, we are in the play offs (if they don't get their 3points back).
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Not too certain of events around Nuneaton's deduction but they have pleaded guilty to it, losing the 3 pts would make sense, so not sure on what basis they are appealing. That said, I'd rather we were in the playoffs on merit so we need to win both of the next games and also set a marker down.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:12 am

Big game on Saturday with lots going on going on for Fylde's last league game at Kellamergh Park (discounting playoffs). There will be a Fylde v Harrogate tug of war before the game and a penalty shootout at half time. Town Kids v Fylde kids.

As for the game, it will be tough. I would like to see the following line up.

Crook
    Turner, Ellis, Forster, Warren
                 Platt
            Kerry,  Burrell
      Colbeck            Daniels
                 Clayton

Subs: Swain, Thirlwell, Emmett, Thewlis, Beesley
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:24 am

Nice team selection. I note Hearn isn't present, not sure if he's worth a wild card entry but team selection looks good to me. Be so good to have a confident display and win.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Turner??
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Lewis. If fit obviously. Don't know the extent of his injury.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Lewis is suffering with a hamstring issue, i believe. Doubtful for Fylde i'd assume.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:42 pm

With Luke Shiels back in full training,he too will pushing for a place.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Nuneaton get the 3 pts beating Gloucester 1-0. As if the pressure needs cranking up anymore for Saturday.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:37 am

Double header of the season this weekend. Boston v Nuneaton and the small matter of us v flyde. Do or die time!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:53 am

Boston will beat Nuneaton, or at least draw. Nuneaton have left it too little, too late.

I think Fylde wont come at us full guns blazing, because 3rd or 4th playoff place is guaranteed for them and as far as I am aware, in the playoff draw, its 2nd vs 5th and 3rd vs 4th. I personally think they will be keeping the squad fresh for the playoffs. I cant see anyone else than Ferriby getting second if they beat Gloucester (away) on Saturday.

How I think it's going to work out is that we draw on Saturday, beat Corby and will get Fylde in the playoff semi's, then if we get through that, then face Ferriby at Ferriby.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 am

I think Boston will beat ferriby
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:29 am

The best result for us is surely Nuneaton to beat or draw with Boston. Boston are 4 (effectively 5) points behind us, failure to win on Saturday means they cannot overtake us, so 5th will be the worst we could finish. Mind you, I was hoping Gloucester would do us a favour last night.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am

Having missed out last season in the playoffs you would think there fans would be fired up for this ?..yet looking at there forum, can't believe just how quiet it really is.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:15 pm

According to their forum the fans aren't sure what team will turn up. I'm hopeful a team of pensioners turn up then and we run them absolutely ragged and destroy the last vestiges of confidence they had. I'd also settle for a draw, just as long as Boston and Nuneaton play ball and draw as well.
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Town are overdue a goal feast and Simon should persevere with his best front three--Daniels--Clayton and Colbeck with midfield ensuring fast ball to front men and controlling a game on the deck.

No need to be faint hearted--Show some class and the goals will come and a third place finish should be assured.

Town and Fylde shared 4 goals at CNG and maybe they can share 4 this time---THREE to Town and ONE to Fylde!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 am

Its going to be one heck of a tense afternoon on Saturday, probably worse for us stay at home supporters. I'll be listening to Barry Parker (excellent commentator, by the way), following the twitter feed, following Boston's twitter feed, updating the league table every 10 minutes according to the scoreline, pacing up and down every room in the house and generally being a nervous wreck! Still if it all goes pear shaped there is always Corby to fall back on. Mid table mediocrity is much easier on the blood pressure, but not as much fun! Come on Town!!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:16 pm

What do folk think the tactics will be for this game? Will flyde go for the throat or play it cagey for the draw and should we set up to stifle and slow the game down or play free flowing attacking football that leaves vulnerable us for the counter?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:38 pm