Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF Empty Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm

After the referee visited the ground this afternoon, and it has been postponed. And another one bites the snow!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF Empty Re: Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF

Post by Townfan Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm totally amazed, gobsmacked, astonished.

Not with it being called off, put with it ever being seriously considered to have a chance of being played !!!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF Empty Re: Harrogate Town v Workington Town MATCH OFF

Post by sulphurite Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Just hope the team are using the time to train, hopefully the new signings wont't need too long in a competitive game to gel and we might see some decent/winning results at last?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Where do the team normally train? They cant have used the pitch, for obvious reasons....
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Did seem bizarre to rearrange this in the current climate (more ways than one!). Anyway pleased I wont miss it Jan 16th MIGHT just be on...pray to the weather gods!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 pm

It should be, I checked the Met Office, and it looks like after this weekend, that should be the end of it, and then we can get our football fix!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Like your optimism Neil! Its gonna take quite a thaw (none likely in the next few days) to get the snow/ice off the pitch and surrounds. I'd say the 16th was 50/50, not much more.
    According to the Advertiser today the team are training at the Ladies College...
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 am

Given the forecast for the coming week, I would think that there is no chance of next Saturday's game going ahead.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 am

I must admit, it is touch and go at the moment, but surely all this backlog of fixtures, is going to make it harder for the club to avoid relegation?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am

Well the slow (very slow) thaw appears to have started, so we have 4 days to hope the snow can be removed from the pitch, either by Mother Nature or more volunteers. What do people think the odds are (assuming the thaw this time is for real)? I still think we will struggle to have a game Saturday, but I am a bit more hopeful now than I was this time yesterday.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

I hope it's on too! Im missing my football fix!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 pm

paulstreet wrote:Well the slow (very slow) thaw appears to have started, so we have 4 days to hope the snow can be removed from the pitch, either by Mother Nature or more volunteers. What do people think the odds are (assuming the thaw this time is for real)? I still think we will struggle to have a game Saturday, but I am a bit more hopeful now than I was this time yesterday.

If the snow is allowed to thaw on the pitch then the ground will be waterlogged.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am