Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
James/Bal
wootontommy
Big Lundy
Tommyb123
GARAGE
boselecta
Mike of Wetherby
Chips97
pie and chips
fulhamphoenix
HTAFC Away Travel
Townfan
TheNeil29
17 posters

Solihull Moors

Big Lundy

Solihull Moors - Page 2 Empty Re: Solihull Moors

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:08 am

Laughing
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:56 am

Agree with Simon that we shouldn't get too carried away with this one performance but what a fantastic day. Very Happy
    Weather was super, a great crowd given they only brought around 20, a superb team performance and after a tough week at the office, I mozied up to the Kop of Fear for the second half and left feeling about 20 years younger - we have a chap joining us from Leeds University on a media studies degree and part of his project will be a regular feature called "The Twelfth Man" which will involve regular video and interviews with supporters - he left yesterday in a state of shock:shock: Shocked Shocked  - the lad is a Newcastle fan and he couldn't believe yesterdays standard - we also had the chief sports writer from the Guardian (well it is Harrogate after all!!!) in attendance which achieved lots of twitter comment yesterday evening.
    Hard to believe the difference from this time last year, but whatever happens between now and the end of the season, this has been an unbelievable team effort from all concerned with the club both on and off the field - Simon keeps banging on about the support the team are getting from the terraces - trust me, he means it!!
    Well done to everybody and onwards to FCUM - will we need the double decker bus?Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps. don't forget to book yourself on the FREE away bus to Tamworth now we have a date - have a look on the Facebook page for details.

Enjoy Sunday - Cum on Town!!

sunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunny

ps. loved the pic from Josh on the Facebook page and the DAD + BABY pic from Craig - there is hope bounce
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:39 am

#weaverout ha!

Great day yesterday, pointless adding to other comments apart from the fact that at half time I was really nervous about the 2nd half because normally we would sit on that lead, perhaps conceding a late equaliser. Didn't happen yesterday, we showed the same, and if not more intensity in the 2nd half and we got our just reward.

On to FC United who will be tough, I just hope we don't get complacent and press for the full 90mins pushing them into making mistakes like we did Solihull. Now we are used to making a noise away and been the only fans heard for the full 90mins, let us see how we fair against 3000. Bring it on!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:14 am

Six goals and Daniels not amongst them.
    Thought it worth pointing out that you don't need to score goals to have a telling influence on the match - as I thought he did yesterday.
    His skill combined with his selflessness IMHO made him a huge contributor to our outstanding performance. Dare I say that something seems to have changed his DNA compared to some of his recent performances.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Their fans are saying it was a 'bad day at the office' for them. Let's hope they have a few more of them.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Does my head in when fans say "bad day"...More like Harrogate didn't allow them to play and made them look ****!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:24 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:Six goals and Daniels not amongst them.
    Thought it worth pointing out that you don't need to score goals to have a telling influence on the match - as I thought he did yesterday.
    His skill combined with his selflessness IMHO made him a huge contributor to our outstanding performance. Dare I say that something seems to have changed his DNA compared to some of his recent performances.

Spot on about Daniels, he was chasing and harrying when he didn't have the ball and just as brilliant on it, he epitomised that spirit of closing down from the front of the team. His corners are still fantastic.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:27 pm

gedmaloney wrote:Agree with Simon that we shouldn't get too carried away with this one performance but what a fantastic day. Very Happy
    Weather was super, a great crowd given they only brought around 20, a superb team performance and after a tough week at the office, I mozied up to the Kop of Fear for the second half and left feeling about 20 years younger - we have a chap joining us from Leeds University on a media studies degree and part of his project will be a regular feature called "The Twelfth Man" which will involve regular video and interviews with supporters - he left yesterday in a state of shock:shock: Shocked Shocked  - the lad is a Newcastle fan and he couldn't believe yesterdays standard - we also had the chief sports writer from the Guardian (well it is Harrogate after all!!!) in attendance which achieved lots of twitter comment yesterday evening.
    Hard to believe the difference from this time last year, but whatever happens between now and the end of the season, this has been an unbelievable team effort from all concerned with the club both on and off the field - Simon keeps banging on about the support the team are getting from the terraces - trust me, he means it!!
    Well done to everybody and onwards to FCUM - will we need the double decker bus?Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps. don't forget to book yourself on the FREE away bus to Tamworth now we have a date - have a look on the Facebook page for details.

Enjoy Sunday - Cum on Town!!

sunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunnysunny

ps. loved the pic from Josh on the Facebook page and the DAD + BABY pic from Craig - there is hope bounce

The KOP of Fear was loving it! Delirium.

Will there be any videos on you tube/FB of the six of the best rampage? Smile

Must see Joe's rocket goal again!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Must have video highlights please! Not much to whinge about this season, but that is one. End of season DVD? Any chance? Really want to see those goals again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm