Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Solihull Moors

TheTown
    TheTown

Solihull Moors Empty Solihull Moors

Post by TheTown Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 am

Looking forward to the game today, one we really should be winning if we are to be top half pushing playoffs. Average side at home needs three points. Liking the feel good factor around the club at the moment - new squad, new kit (which I love both, very smart), exciting football, scoring goals, and even Alan's back posting on the forum! Dont really know whats gone on behind the scenes but Alan's arrival into Cheif Exec and the new marketing guy or whatever his title is has really given me closer feel to club, enjoying the vibe at the moment. I know it wont be all plain sailing throughout the year but I'm still gripped by preseason optimism I think and long may it continue. Roll on three points today.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Solihull Moors Empty Re: Solihull Moors

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 am

Scrappy game, good win. I'm actually pleased Town won without playing that well, because to have a decent season you need to win games like that. Armstrong still has a 100% scoring record (took the penalty well, total confidence), Hardy took his chance brilliantly, Dootson inspires confidence in goal. Ref tried to spoil it, but we were the better team. The fixture list is really testing our mettle early on: Workington tomorrow (played 3 won 3), Boston Saturday (playrd 3 won 3 and beat Redditch 9-0 ( Shocked ) on Saturday. Then Stalybridge (now full time). Cripes. Bring on Vauxhall Motors and Redditch!
    Anyone checked the rules of football recently? Maybe we could play two keepers on Saturday Smile
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 am

Nowhere near so much action on the forum when we win!!!!!!!!! Wink
    Thought Town did well against a particularly physical side. Dootson inspires confidence and you can hear him from Sainsburys so should be good for back 4 concentration. Talking of which, for my money Richard Pell has been the star of the show so far - knowhere near as much ball is getting through to the keeper as last year, he wins everything in the air, is a good talker, and as a consequence breeds confidence across the back four, thus allowing Liam to adopt a more attacking role.
    In midfield we do miss Bowey, and Fozzie looked like he picked up an injury during the game.
    Great up front with both Graham and Liam causing different problems for different defenders - pace and power.
    Finish it all off with a stronger bench than last year and you have to have a degree of optimism.
    Hope springs eternal!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Good point Ged about how quiet the forum is after a win, lose a couple of games and everyone is on! I was one of the moaners last year, but I recognise change for the better when i see it, and am happy to recognise it. Come on Town, Workington have to lose sometime, why not tomorrow...and Boston can't score 9 goals EVERY week...can they? Shocked
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 pm

I couldn't make it on Saturday that's my excuse although after starting the thread was very bemused no one commented after the game. Sounded very good after thrills of Droylsden, cant play attractive football every week and will take 3 scrappy points every day of the week.

Ged, whats up with Jon? Is he with the club and if so how is his injury coming along?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks for the concern about Jon - very frustrating hamstring injury which has just taken a little longer to correct than expected but is within 10 days of getting back into full training (my estimate) - very strange as it happened on his trailing leg at the back end of last season as he was making a tackle near the dugouts and I was right next to it and could see it was not good news. Thought we had it cleared at the back end of last season but not the case. He will go out on loan to get match fitness back then, like everyone else, will have to fight to get back into the team.
    Competition for places this year is another big plus.
    Needless to say he's like a bear with a sore backside! Smile
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Good stuff, hope he gets back very solid and consistent towards the back end of last season as right back. One of few players who put everything in and know he's a local lad. Hopefully he'll get match fitness back up and challenge Dominic for place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am