Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
j2021
YoungStato123
6 posters

Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead Empty Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Good performances recently from town, lets hope that will follow up tonight and get a place in the next round. Hopefully a good turn out tonight, Pitch passed an inspection at lunch today so the game is defaintly on and a chance to see some of the new players such as Simon Yeo.
    COME ON TOWN!
    j2021

Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead Empty Re: Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead

Post by j2021 Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Cant wait to see town in action, feels like ages since ive seen them !!!!!!! COME ON LETS SHOW THESE PREMIER BOYS WHAT WE CAN DO!!!!!!!
    j2021

Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead Empty Re: Match Thread (FAT1Replay) Harrogate Town v Gateshead

Post by j2021 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 pm

poor performance, very disapointed there seemed to be no urgency and far too many absolutely stupid long balls to dutton who most the time never won them surely weaver mustve realised we were up against a giant of a centre back so why bloody play the ball in the air !!!!!!!!! Keep in on the ground and pass around him !!!!!!!!! CMON LADS!!!!!! I just want to see a bit more effort even if we are 2-0 down keep yur chins up. Nowakowski for a young former reserve team player showed more compoasure in keeping the ball on the ground than any other player out there all the other players seemed just happy to get the ball away seemed like they didnt want to keep it or go ona run with it. CMON TOWN !!!!! Its a must win game on saturday !!!!!!
    riverside

Post by riverside Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 am

Nowakowski for a young former reserve team player showed more compoasure in keeping the ball on the ground than any other player out there all the other players seemed just happy to get the ball away seemed like they didnt want to keep it or go ona run with it.

MUST BE DOWN TO THE COACHING AT RIPON!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Last Nights' performance was quite simply, shocking. I was there, and there was no urgency in their play, no passion, no fire. They decided to play long balls when Heed have a 6' 4" Central Defender, they couldnt string 3-4 passes together for large periods of the game. In reality, last nights performance was totally abysmal. And the manager and the players should be ashmaed of themselves today.

For me, Saturday is the last chance for Weaver now, because if we are beaten on Saturday, then regardless of his contract, Weaver has to go, because whilst he is in charge of Harrogate, I seriously doubt if we can avoid relegation, and I hope the chairman can have a look at himself in the mirror and see what the club has been reduced to in the space of 3 seasons.

We need a positive result on Saturday, or it is a taxi for one.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Have to agree I'm afraid: Saturday is pretty much a must win game: Redditch won last night (remind me to look up what the word 'win' means), we are already adrift at the bottom and will be more so unless we win, draws now more or less irrelevent.
    I wish I could believe that Simon Weaver would be on his bike if we lose on Saturday, but I suspect Bill is 'making a point' (not sure what!) by keeping him, come what may. So its death or glory on Saturday guys.

Last night was appalling, and the 'crowd': 160! You might expect that for a WRCC match, but the FA Trophy against A Premier team and after an admittedly good performance on Saturday? Scarcely credible. Mind you I can't in conscience blame the people who stayed away.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Lets hope for a positive result on Saturday..... Rolling Eyes
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Not sure why but Mr.Fotherby stood right behind simon weaver and the coaches just at the end of the 1st half for about 5-10 minutes and then just strolled off. Seems like he was putting alot of pressure on weaver stood right behind him Smile
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Wish I'd stayed at home last night. Can't believe I paid £11 to get freezing cold watching miserable football from both sides and yet another defeat.

I havent missed more than a couple of games a season for the last 5 years, but seriously considering just picking a few games to go to if things dont improve - its just not entertainment at the moment and I've got lots of other things I'd rather be doing!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Jimmy Ghaichem looks like a good signing, never gives up and worked hard last night, as i was stood behind the dugout Weaver was saying to Wade "how can we come from the performance on saturday to today". In the last 15 mins i thought we played okay, some crosses should of been turned in and Yeo didnt show any quality last night he was certainly poor!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:34 am

At the end of it all, I dont think Weaver is the man for the job, and to give Yeo his fair share, he was marked out of the game by a defender who is a lot younger. We will see how he gets on, playing opposition at BSN level on Saturday, but with this weather, I wouldnt be surprised if it was called off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:04 am