Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
YoungStato123
j2021
TheNeil29
sulphurite
8 posters

Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round.

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round. Empty Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round.

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 pm

A win would be nice, but "only" a cup game so would only serve to boost player confidence, moral and the club coffers.

Coverage on Radio York A.M.

Team News:

Aaron Ratchford
    Michael Wood
    Ben Chapman
    Matt Bloomer
    Craig James
    Curtis Woodhouse
    Dave McTiernan
    Brian Dutton
    Simon Harrison
    Simon Yeo
    Jim Ghaichem

Stephen Hernandez
    Adam Nowakowski
    Dan Broadbent
    Richard Dunning
    Steven Ivanov
    TheNeil29

Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round. Empty Re: Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round.

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Who the hell is Jim Ghaichem? The number 11?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round. Empty Re: Gateshead v Town - FA Trophy 1st Round.

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:26 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Who the hell is Jim Ghaichem? The number 11?

The small winger, played a few games now, really quick and tricky player, looked pretty good so far and makes some good runs. We signed him from Goole I think?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Half Time:

Heed 0 Town 0

Sounds like we are matching them and we seem to have created a couple of chances, but, yet again unable to score!
    Come on Town, get the round thing in the netty looking thingy!!!! Very Happy
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Heed 0 Town 1 Dutton

GET IN!!! COME ON TOWN Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Heed 1 Town 1

BOLLOCKS Evil or Very Mad
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Heed 1 (Richardson) Town 1 (Dutton)

Replay at the CNG, possibly Tuesday next week?

COME ON TOWN Very Happy
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:10 pm

decent result that and gives us another game to "gel", i will defo be going down on tuesday i think it will be a good game and will give me a chance to see yeo
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Get in!! two matches at the CNG in 5 days!! Lets hope lots of fans turn up and support the team!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Who the hell is Jim Ghaichem? The number 11?

The small winger, played a few games now, really quick and tricky player, looked pretty good so far and makes some good runs. We signed him from Goole I think?

I googled him, apparently, he was at Belper Town last?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Signed from Buxton (Jim Ghaichem)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Fair enough, I suppose we will get a good look at him in the next week at the CNG.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:10 pm

i saw him play at the CNG a few weeks ago he came on at half time and looked extremely lively and almost turned the game around. he looke dvery good, hope he can keep it up
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Lets hope he can, and hope that the team can build on the result.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 am

YoungStato123 wrote:Signed from Buxton (Jim Ghaichem)

No we signed him from Goole AFC!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:20 am

Oh haha, it said on the website he played for buxton or something not sure. Cheers BRM.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:23 am

Well, doesn't look as though any of the regular supporters went to Gateshead (shame on you!), so I'll post a few thoughts about the game. We played really well, and on balance deserved the win: 1-0 would have been a fair result. Defence really solid now, only marred by the inability to clear the ball that led to their equaliser.
    We have the makings of a pretty fair side now: I wonder who Knox and Martin will replace in the league games?
    Ghaichem looks a good little player: lively and skillful. Can't criticise Yeo, he was the lone striker for much of the game, great goal as well. McTiernan was excellent midfield.
    Tuesday should be a good night: hope we can finish them off, they have nothing to scare us, but doubt if they will play as badly again.
    To state the obvious: we STILL need to start putting the ball away when chances come: solve that riddle and we really will have a team to reckon with.
    Heedislander

Post by Heedislander Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Alreet all, a Heed supporter here. Just to add to your comments - your boys played well on Saturday and deserved a victory - if only you had taken two good chances, one at the end of the first half, the game would have been over. Having watched you play, I'm amazed your struggling in the Blue Square North - you looked a reasonable side (I'll be shocked if you go down). As for us, we did play badly, but take nothing away from your boys. Its going to be an interesting Tuesday reply and the second round draw has been very kind. bring it on!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 pm

That will teach me to be optimistic! It always ends in tears, wish it didn't happen quite so often! I'd be interested to know if the Heed fan thinks we were as poor as I did? Gateshead were certainly better but lets face it, their keeper could have had the night off. Congrats to you anyway: Chippenham should be a piece of cake, and to think it could have been us, looking forward to a possible place in the last 16 Crying or Very sad
    Heedislander

Post by Heedislander Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm

I thought your boys had more passion, desire and commitment on Saturday. Footy is full of clichés, but the Town seemed to lack confidence last night. If you can get that back, I think with your recent signings, you’ll score goals and rattle a few teams in your league. I think Yeo will come good and you just need a win under your belt and belief will start pouring in. Just looked at your fixtures, you’ve got some winnable games coming up (Glouc/Farsley/Workington)and I’ll keep watching your results – good luck for the rest of the season and hope you get things turned around. As for the Heed, well onwards and surely even we can’t go wrong with Chippingham at home…er...can we?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Would agree that we didn't play with quite the same passion as we did on Saturday - however you can be sure that Mr Bogie will have ensured that there was not a hint of Gateshead complacency last night, plus Craig was a key miss for us particularly after his performance on Saturday.
    Everyone knows the importance of Saturdays game and with the new additions up front and hopefully Craig back fully fit, I am confident that we will field the strongest 11 we have had all season and I intend taking the 6/4 on offer for the Town win.
    Our support will be crucial and 110% from the Lads will get it's reward - Cum On Town!!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am