Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Townfan
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
paulstreet
8 posters

Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City? Empty Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City?

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 am

Went to watch this game Saturday. Extremely entertaining game, loads of chances, decent crowd (360), but three things in particular struck me vis-a-vis Harrogate Town:

1)The skill levels on display were (please believe me on this), considerably higher than much of what I've seen from Town this season, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing after that dire game against Trinity. Both sides tried (with fair success) to play a passing game, the number of aimless hoofballs was very limited. Not all the passes worked (of course), but both sides stuck to throughout the game.
    2) Both 'keepers almost always threw the ball out, and initiated another attacking move, Salford were particularly good in this department. I'm not sure I can remember a single aimless Phil Barnes 'special' in the whole game.
    3) Injuries (are you reading this Craig?). Farsley were without probably their three best players: Serrant, Priestley and Savory, others too I think. They were genuinely down to the bare bones, yet they came within 2 minutes of beating the unbeaten (and well financed) Salford City. If Simon's pathetic whinging about injuries ever needed exposing this game was it.

Oh yes, it was very entertaining as well. Can't remember the last time I could say that about a game at the CNG.
    A1 drifter

Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City? Empty Re: Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City?

Post by A1 drifter Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:55 am

My sentiments as well Paul. If I can't get to see Town I watch Spennymoor and all the things you have described are on display there - skill, commitment, entertainment, minimum fuss about injuries etc. A consistently successful, newly promoted and settled side under a well respected manager. Crowds usually 500 - 600 plus. They'll never replace my loyalty to Town but I come away from the Brewery Field most times feeling I've seen a good game and like you unfortunately can't remember saying that for quite some time at the CNG.

The Moors march on in the F A Cup as well.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City? Empty Re: Some lessons from Farsley v Salford City?

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 pm

As do Guiseley, North Ferriby and (darn it) Stockport County. Their fans all have a cup run to look forward to, we have nothing.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Exactly, and above is one of the many reasons I think that Simon has to go.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Watched Farsley play at Railway earlier in the season (bank Holiday Monday I think) - awful game - should have saved my money and watched a better game on the stray.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Stockport v Chester
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Watched tadcaster wasn't the best match ive seen from them but great buzz about the place
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Townfan wrote:Watched Farsley play at Railway earlier in the season (bank Holiday Monday I think) - awful game - should have saved my money and watched a better game on the stray.

Watched town play at Railway pre season even more awful game a sign of things to come
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:31 am

The sun was shining though RR!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:26 am

523 fans at Tadcaster I believe. Bit of a pain to get by public transport but I must say its tempting. Can't speak for other Farsley games, but I assure you the quality of play from both sides Saturday was very impressive (and surprising to me). Salford might have lifted Farsley to a higher level. Great to see Gareth Seddon play for Salford, by the way. Non-League legend!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:31 am

Tough game for Guiseley away to Grimsby in the FA Cup. A1 Drifter's Moors have a tasty game against Telford at home, Ferriby away (probably to Colwyn Bay). Stockport home again (would you believe it!) to Chester FC What a game that would have been for us to host. So frustrating I could scream, mind you I'm in a library at the moment so I had better control myself!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 am

Not bothered about Tadcaster, or Farsley, just Town for me. Occasionally, I will check in on the Railway results and see how they are getting on.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

thetallaccountant wrote:The sun was shining though RR!

Yes tallaccountant and it was nice meeting an old mate from school i haven't seen for over 50 years the President of Railway Athletic i believe
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 pm

CraigHurle wrote:Not bothered about Tadcaster, or Farsley, just Town for me. Occasionally, I will check in on the Railway results and see how they are getting on.

You should do as I'm seeing more and more of the casual fan watch Tadcaster rather then Town. As a member of Harrogate Town you might want to look at why a team 3 leagues below can get over 500 and have a champions league winner in there starting eleven

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:Not bothered about Tadcaster, or Farsley, just Town for me. Occasionally, I will check in on the Railway results and see how they are getting on.

You should do as I'm seeing more and more of the casual fan watch Tadcaster rather then Town. As a member of Harrogate Town you might want to look at why a team 3 leagues below can get over 500 and have a champions league winner in there starting eleven

That's the investment the Club is bringing in, and the money it now has. But my heart is Town, this is my local club. Not Tadcaster.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:

That's the investment the Club is bringing in, and the money it now has. But my heart is Town, this is my local club. Not Tadcaster.

I hope I don't sound harsh in saying I don't think anyone on this forum cares about where your heart is?!? Just as nobody cares if my heart is with Sunderland or any other football team...?

You are employed by the club so of course your heart is with them, but people can do what they fancy and support you they fancy. If Tadcaster is his team then so be it (would rather support them then Town at the moment!)

Also are you a novice to football?? Money at this level is always a temporary thing... the Weavers will soon **** off and the club will remain. Are you planning to leave then??

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:19 pm

nztownfan wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:

I hope I don't sound harsh in saying I don't think anyone on this forum cares about where your heart is?!? Just as nobody cares if my heart is with Sunderland or any other football team...?

You are employed by the club so of course your heart is with them, but people can do what they fancy and support you they fancy. If Tadcaster is his team then so be it (would rather support them then Town at the moment!)

Also are you a novice to football?? Money at this level is always a temporary thing... the Weavers will soon **** off and the club will remain. Are you planning to leave then??

You do sound harsh, but hey, that's the very nature of this forum, to be harsh on a different view. I'm getting use to it. Couple of things, not employed by the Club, I am volunteer and I give my time to the Club for free, using my own equipment and gear, for free, out of love for the Club and passion for the team, and for the smiles it gives my son. Any one has the right to support what ever Club they choose, my faith is in Town, as its my local club, If I had lived in Tadcaster, I would support them, I do have a soft spot for Railway, but that's only because I have some good friends connected to the Club there, and also, Knaresborough, because again, local connections.

Novice to football? I'm 39 years old mate, I have been a fan of football all my life, travelled to most of the old first division clubs when I was living in Leeds, when I worked in Scarborough as a teen, I went to watch Scarborough, my grandad use to take to matches in Wales to follow Bala Town, I love, and bleed football, so again, assumption on this forum is very rife, I will always want to volunteer for the Club no matter who is in charge and who the team is, I support the Club and I love the Club! I do not see me leaving Harrogate any time in the future, because my son is just starting out in high school and my youngest in Junior school. Please do not assume things about me. What a Face
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:

You do sound harsh, but hey, that's the very nature of this forum, to be harsh on a different view. I'm getting use to it. Couple of things, not employed by the Club, I am volunteer and I give my time to the Club for free, using my own equipment and gear, for free, out of love for the Club and passion for the team, and for the smiles it gives my son. Any one has the right to support what ever Club they choose, my faith is in Town, as its my local club, If I had lived in Tadcaster, I would support them, I do have a soft spot for Railway, but that's only because I have some good friends connected to the Club there, and also, Knaresborough, because again, local connections.

Novice to football? I'm 39 years old mate, I have been a fan of football all my life, travelled to most of the old first division clubs when I was living in Leeds, when I worked in Scarborough as a teen, I went to watch Scarborough, my grandad use to take to matches in Wales to follow Bala Town, I love, and bleed football, so again, assumption on this forum is very rife, I will always want to volunteer for the Club no matter who is in charge and who the team is, I support the Club and I love the Club! I do not see me leaving Harrogate any time in the future, because my son is just starting out in high school and my youngest in Junior school. Please do not assume things about me. What a Face

NOBODY IS ASSUMING ANYTHING!?!?!?!?!?!

I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Maybe you come across as a novice to football and that;s why others "assume it" I asked a question i didn't assume anything

Great that you love the club and all.. but we all do? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone all the time Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 am