Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
paulstreet
Johnny
j2021
TheNeil29
YoungStato123
9 posters

Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden Empty Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Team line up as follows..
    1. Craig Dootson
    2. Dominic Roma
    3. Liam Shepherd
    4. Adam Nowakowski
    5. Richard Pell
    6. Matt Bloomer
    7. Martin Foster (Skipper)
    8. Duncan Williams
    9. Greame Armstrong
    10. Liam Hardy
    11. Wayne Phillips
    Subs:
    12. Michael Jacklin
    14. James Naylor
    15. Danny Wright
    16. Ryan Kendall
    17. Jordan Myers

Now through my long football knowledge i believe Ryan Kendall is a young striker who used to be in Hulls Reserves. Hell be a quality signing if hes been signed permantley as he was released from Hull at the end of the season i think! Come on Town Smile
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden Empty Re: Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Didnt last long...1-0 to Droylsden after 17 minutes Evil or Very Mad
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden Empty Re: Match Thread, League Match 2: Harrogate v Droylsden

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 pm

1-1 after 21 minutes, Liam Hardy Very Happy
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 pm

2-1 after 25 minutes! Liam Hardy again, Brilliant!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Awesome. But how come Lee Ellington isnt in the squad. Is he injured?
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm

3-2 with like 5 mins to go! Come on Town hold on, and yes Ellington is injured think its something to do with his calf/hamstring!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Full Time: 3-3
    What an outstanding game and a cracking performance from the lads. Ater the 1st 10 minutes i was getting really worried looked like the town of old BUT!! after that it was a completely different team defended solidly, wingers played really well, centre mids got stuck in strongly, and the two strikers well they are a different class, not forgetting dootson who made a great save towards the end of the game.
    Kind of feeling down about a point but on the whole a point is a solid result against Droylsden and after the 1st 10 mins where droylsden couldve been 2 up i wouldve taken anything that looked slightly respectable.
    Thought the crowd was outstanding tonight everyone pitching in with there shouting and great applause. Keep it going town , looks like we've got a real gem in Liam Hardy as well !!! Very Happy
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Awesome. But how come Lee Ellington isnt in the squad. Is he injured?
    I saw him the sponsors' stand throughout the match, and yeah, he's injured I assume. A cracking and spirited performance by the lads! Smile

PS: I wish they would open the blinking club shop!! When it is next going to be open?!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 am

Great football match, gutted to lose 2 points at the end, but I guess I'd have taken a draw at 7.45 pm (and certainly after they scored!). Hardy and Armstrong look real quality strikers (and how we have needed them!). Shepherd was impressive, Philipps is always liable to do something special, Pell and Bloomer great, Roma solid at right back. But, but, but we need to WIN games as well, starting on Saturday against Solihull please...no slip ups.
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 am

not a bad point but how can someone claim we defended solidly after letting in 3?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:54 pm

the wizard wrote:not a bad point but how can someone claim we defended solidly after letting in 3?
    We conceded a very soft penalty, so wouldn't be as harsh. Did you watch the game?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:55 pm

The 1st 10 minutes we defended appaulingly and gave awaya stupid goal, but after that i believe we defended very solidly, the penalty well im not too sure it was a penalty a slight arm on the back, and there third goal was just a bit of klass on their part a strong powerful breakway the pace got them away from the centre mids and a great through ball and they had scored not much the defenders could have done in my opinion.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

j2021 wrote:....much the defenders could have done in my opinion.

They could have tried putting in a tackle rather than letting him run 50 yards straight down the middle unchallendged!

It was a great game though - more entertaining than all of last season put together! Before the game I'd have taken a point, but at 3 - 1 it really should have been sewn up. Penalty looked pretty nailed on to me - there were no protests from Town.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:31 pm

an outsiders view of the game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    peter bred

Post by peter bred Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Have to agree - would have taken a point at kick off. But how can we stop these last minute goals that haunted us last season and cost us again last night. Does anyone know how many points these last minute strikes have cost us unted Simon? Be an interesting stat i bet.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

Good point. I seem to recsll under the Aspin regime, if we went 1-0 up, you could pretty well go home, cos the opposition were not scoring!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am