Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
TheNeil29
paulstreet
gedmaloney
7 posters

Gloucester Game Adults £1 u18's FREE CAN YOU HELP?

gedmaloney

Gloucester Game Adults £1 u18's FREE CAN YOU HELP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester Game Adults £1 u18's FREE CAN YOU HELP?

Post by gedmaloney Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:I'm been asked by the army of mums on mumbler whether you will be putting on any pre-match entertainment, may be worth doing something in the 1919 venue.........get bums in early, get their kiddies entertained and then sell lots of beer and pop..Kind of makes sense?

I have mentioned that the gates open at 12, I definitely see a benefit for the entertainment as below:

Santa
    colouring competition
    magician

anything along these lines would add a nice touch to the day
    Tough one - thinking caps on!!! My days of dressing up as Santa are long gone!!! No rude jokes thank you!!

Would there be much interest from our younger visitors if we played the latest Disney / Pixar dvd from say 1pm on the big screen (I think it's Monsters Inc??) - difficult to organise anything at short notice Trev but we could advertise this as supporters arrive - thoughts??? You sound closer to the sort of youngster that will be attending santa santa santa santa santa 

Gloucester Game Adults £1 u18's FREE CAN YOU HELP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester Game Adults £1 u18's FREE CAN YOU HELP?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:We have printed tickets for the Gloucester game on December 14th. This the £1 Adults / FREE for u18's fixture - the game is NOT all ticket but we have printed tickets to serve as a reminder to get as many people down to the game as possible. Adults will pay on the gate

I have already e-mailed the HTSC for their support but if there are any other town supporters who could hand out tickets / encourage adults or youngsters to come along to the game, I will be more than happy to supply you with tickets after the game this Saturday.

Proposed action as follows:

1. Estimate how many tickets you think you could hand out.
    2. Leave details on this forum topic.
    3. I will collate and place tickets in an envelope with your forum name on to be picked up on Saturday at the bottom end of the 1919 venue straight after the final whistle.

Any help you could give to make this a big success would be gratefully appreciated - if you have a son / daughter that plays in a sports team, feel free to offer tickets for the whole team - we want to make a real day of this event.

Thanks for your support

cheers cheers cheers

ps. we will be notifying season ticket holders of a couple of events that will be taking place between now and the year end in the next week - we haven't forgotten about you;) 
    So far so good - already issued over 600 tickets to HTSC members but would appreciate support of as many Town supporters as possible. We are hoping to beat last years attendance for the Hinckley game but are more likely to achieve this if as many people as possible are involved in drumming up interest bounce bounce bounce 

How many TS?affraid affraid 

Guess I've taken the bait - intend publicising this on Leeds Council internal website. 20, 000 plus employees so ypi can expect a few from this. Leeds are away too. Won't be publicised until Tuesday as I'm away from my desk Monday. If I get people to mention my name you can tally up the numbers Ged.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 pm

trevdee wrote:I'm been asked by the army of mums on mumbler whether you will be putting on any pre-match entertainment, may be worth doing something in the 1919 venue.........get bums in early, get their kiddies entertained and then sell lots of beer and pop..Kind of makes sense?

I have mentioned that the gates open at 12, I definitely see a benefit for the entertainment as below:

Santa
    colouring competition
    magician

anything along these lines would add a nice touch to the day
    Trev - we will be showing a top notch video on the big screen in the 1919 venue - it is tailor made for children of all ages and lasts 1 hour 40 minutes so we intend to start at 13.00pm if any youngsters are interested.

We will need to be a little flexible on this as we are not sure how many will be at the game, how many will be in the 1919 venue and what time they will arrive - but let's give it a shot and see what happens and maybe next year we can look at something additional.Basketball Basketball Basketball 

Reference Santa🎅 santa , I once did perform the role in a rather large supermarket in Grimsby handing out childrens dental acre kits - a never to be forgotten experience and the closest I ever got to an Oscar.

One final point - the combined efforts of many supporters / staff now mean we have issued over 5000 tickets for Saturdays game and that's before TS advertises to 20,000 employees at Leeds City Council:affraid: affraid affraid affraid 

Could be worth getting there early for the film!!rendeer rendeer rendeer

Long range weather forecast is encouraging - CUM ON TOWN:cheers: cheers cheers cheers cheers  - give us something to scream about
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm

cheers Ged, have relayed the info.....wow so potentially we could be squeezing 25k people in the CNG, can't wait!!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:16 pm

It's turning into a scene from Field of Dreams- if you build it they will come. Could it be a record attendance? Surely not... Gloucester would be wondering what the hell was going on.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:31 am

TownUltra wrote:It's turning into a scene from Field of Dreams- if you build it they will come. Could it be a record attendance? Surely not... Gloucester would be wondering what the hell was going on.

Lets not get too carried away or I'm sure I'll get it in the neck for anything less than 25000:affraid: affraid affraid affraid 

The minimum figure is 1500 - anything less disappointed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  / anything more 2 extra pints of Daleside cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Keep encouraging people to come on down - Cum on Town🎅 santa 
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 am

Big week ahead - hopefully we get a result on Tuesday
    Huge effort on social media over next few days to encourage people to come!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 am

trevdee wrote:cheers Ged, have relayed the info.....wow so potentially we could be squeezing 25k people in the CNG, can't wait!!!
    I don't recall saying all 20, 000 plus employees will be attending. Leeds are playing away though so I'd be surprised if it didn't generate a few extra. Sometimes you just can't win. Hope the pre match entertainment doesn't turn out to be more enjoyable than the match itself.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 am

town supporter wrote:
    trevdee wrote:cheers Ged, have relayed the info.....wow so potentially we could be squeezing 25k people in the CNG, can't wait!!!
    I don't recall saying all 20, 000 plus employees will be attending.  Leeds are playing away though so I'd be surprised if it didn't generate a few extra. Sometimes you just can't win. Hope the pre match entertainment doesn't turn out to be more enjoyable than the match itself.
    Great gesture TS and sure to add quite a few to the gate - fingers crossed:bball: Basketball 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 am

town supporter wrote:
    I don't recall saying all 20, 000 plus employees will be attending.  Leeds are playing away though so I'd be surprised if it didn't generate a few extra. Sometimes you just can't win. Hope the pre match entertainment doesn't turn out to be more enjoyable than the match itself.
    Nice to see your in good spirits as usual!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

trevdee wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    Nice to see your in good spirits as usual!

I just hope my efforts generate as much interest as that local and well known fanatical group, mumblers!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Typical TS response  Sleep 

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:05 pm

trevdee wrote:Typical TS response  Sleep 

Sarcasm works both ways

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:53 am

now publicised to Leeds City Council employees.

Asked a mate of mine if he'd arrange for Tempo fm (covering Wetherby and surrounding areas) to advertise on there too.

Cheers,

TS

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

update ...

Tempo FM have agreed to publicise this fixture - programme controller himself hopes to attend with his son

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:16 pm

town supporter wrote:update ...

Tempo FM have agreed to publicise this fixture - programme controller himself hopes to attend with his son

Thanks TS  sunny sunny sunny 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 am

Ok TS remind me to never play top trumps with you ha....good work though!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm