Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

Innocent Bystander

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s Empty Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

Post by Innocent Bystander on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Fabulous decision - big opportunity to market the club to the new generation of town fans - many of whom have made it to the CNG for pre-season games.
    gedmaloney

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s Empty Re: Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

Post by gedmaloney on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Important to get the season off to a good start and supporters definitely have a role to play. If you know anyone under 18 get them down to the match - we are hoping for 700 for this fixture but it wont happen if we don't shout about it. Tickets available at the Sunderland game from the office and from Ged and Tad.
    Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party!Wink 

Please note there will also be a BOGOF offer in hospitality - 2 eat for the price of 1 - £15 for 2 people for a top notch meal. If you wish to book please contact Charlie on the office number - the meal is likely to be a perfect Dad and Lad option (eg. top notch Sausage and Mash) - details to follow after Sunderland game.

80 Supporters Club members inviting 3 u 18s down = 240 freebies + 80 Supporters = 320 people. About to fid oit if we really want it to happen!!affraid affraid 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Great idea, they keep coming! Agree its vital we get a good turn out and atmosphere early doors, Tuesday evenings against (no offence guys!) Vauxhall Motors might struggle otherwise. 700 making some noise would be fantastic. Oh, and we need to win as well!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Agree! Make Tuesday night games as attractive as possible for fans before the Champions League kicks in! Everyone needs to spread the word! Hopefully the free team posters will be available by that night for distribution
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:27 pm

I'd like to think that if the club are doing this for Under 18s, there will be a deal for the Over 18s in the meantime? I find it a bit unfair on the other generation of supporters, the ones who have supported the club through thick and thin.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I'd like to think that if the club are doing this for Under 18s, there will be a deal for the Over 18s in the meantime? I find it a bit unfair on the other generation of supporters, the ones who have supported the club through thick and thin.

I am led to believe that there will be other "offers" on throughout the season. I am sure that Ged can verify this. It is simply a case of choosing the Vauxhall match for this particular offer.

Regards,

Peter
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm

gedmaloney wrote:Important to get the season off to a good start and supporters definitely have a role to play. If you know anyone under 18 get them down to the match - we are hoping for 700 for this fixture but it wont happen if we don't shout about it. Tickets available at the Sunderland game from the office and from Ged and Tad.
    Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party!Wink 

Please note there will also be a BOGOF offer in hospitality - 2 eat for the price of 1 - £15 for 2 people for a top notch meal. If you wish to book please contact Charlie on the office number - the meal is likely to be a perfect Dad and Lad option (eg. top notch Sausage and Mash) - details to follow after Sunderland game.

80 Supporters Club members inviting 3 u 18s down = 240 freebies + 80 Supporters = 320 people. About to fid oit if we really want it to happen!!affraid affraid 

Update for everyone - 600 tickets handed out at the Sunderland game - we still have 150 tickets in the office but remember THIS GAME IS NOT ALL TICKET but we felt if tickets were handed out then they would serve as a reminder to the u18s. It is still CRUCIAL that all Town supporters encourage as many u18s to come along as possible.Basketball Basketball 

With reference to the BOGOF offer in hospitality we now have only 12 seats remaining to sell at £7.50 a head - please contact Charlie in the office if you wish to book a place.

Everyone at the Club is keen that the ground is humming for this fixture - the target is an attendance of minimum 700 but with your help I am confident we can beat this:cheers: 
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Extra programmes being printed?

HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:59 pm

No figures decided as yet but I would imagine so.

Kind regards

Pete
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Extra programmes being printed?

Point taken - with all new player information this should be a bumper edition:sunny: 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:I'd like to think that if the club are doing this for Under 18s, there will be a deal for the Over 18s in the meantime? I find it a bit unfair on the other generation of supporters, the ones who have supported the club through thick and thin.
    I am led to believe that there will be other "offers" on throughout the season. I am sure that Ged can verify this. It is simply a case of choosing the Vauxhall match for this particular offer.

Regards,

Peter
    Take it as verified. We have an "in the ground for a pound" in December and will be providing season ticket holders with a hospitality offer for the same game.cheers 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 am

That sounds brilliant. I think the club is really showing what it is capable of now. All the staff involved within the club are doing an amazing job, and I feel very proud and privileged to be a Harrogate Town fan.

Can I make a suggestion that we find a fixture in December that we would be expected to come away with 3 points to make the 'ground for a pound' offer?

I do believe if we didnt have the pitch issues last season, we would have 700 turning up to a game. The fans are there. 3000+ for Hastings and 1500+ for Hinckley are prime examples. Also, I dont see very much in the Town with regards to the football club. Maybe get some posters and flyers up? I'm sure a lot of the shops/pubs in the Town wouldnt mind as they would be making a contribution (could be free press in it for them as well, and extra business)

I just think we are pretty close to unlocking the true potential of the club.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am

TheNeil29 wrote:That sounds brilliant. I think the club is really showing what it is capable of now. All the staff involved within the club are doing an amazing job, and I feel very proud and privileged to be a Harrogate Town fan.

Can I make a suggestion that we find a fixture in December that we would be expected to come away with 3 points to make the 'ground for a pound' offer?

I do believe if we didnt have the pitch issues last season, we would have 700 turning up to a game. The fans are there. 3000+ for Hastings and 1500+ for Hinckley are prime examples. Also, I dont see very much in the Town with regards to the football club. Maybe get some posters and flyers up? I'm sure a lot of the shops/pubs in the Town wouldnt mind as they would be making a contribution (could be free press in it for them as well, and extra business)

I just think we are pretty close to unlocking the true potential of the club.
    Neil - we are working on an A2poster as we speak which will include a team photo and fixtures and hope to have 1000 to hand out at the Vauxhall game or the Ferriby game at the latest - just waiting for new shirt sponsor logos which are due any day. Very Happy 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 am

Is there anyway that someone can go around and about Harrogate, and ask if we can put the posters up in the local shops? I just think this would make more people aware that we have a football club in this town, and maybe further enhance the reputation?

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:35 am

The best way to enhance the club’s reputation is for the club to mount a serious challenge for promotion, which hopefully will happen. Obvious I know but Harrogate folk really are a fickle lot and for all the good that’s been done around the ground, by volunteers, etc, its results that matter. It’s no good providing a 5* matchday experience, if we fail to beat some of the less fancied teams in the league.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 pm

But if people come to the game, and experience a good matchday experience, then regardless of results, we should still attract new fans. It will be maximised by the team also performing well, of course.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Neil, it's true, I doubt posters will make much difference in this town...Everyone knows Harrogate Town exist and at some point most will have been to watch..Unfortunately the majority will have had a poor experience in the past watching hoof ball on a miserable cold day or visions of a boating lake pitch...........What we need to do is join the promotion run this season and gradually the people of Harrogate will start talking about the club........Once the word spreads that Harrogate play nice football, the chips are back and £12 is actually value for money then the gates will increase. To start with we need to give a great performance against Vauxhall and then maintain that standard.

If we are going to do posters, we need to highlight the perfect pitch and passing football somehow, as families don't appreciate a dog fight in a mud bath with the rain lashing down (not like us hardcore fans).

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:18 pm

My view is that although you might have some success with producing posters, the numbers gained would be extremely modest in comparison to the club going on a good run in the league. Under the previous management regime there was nothing like the level of investment in the ground, youth initiatives, etc, that there are at present, but good, largely consistent performances and the club still managed to pull in 500 on a regular basis. There’s only so far you can go with improving the facilities, general matchday experience, etc. It’s down to Simon and the team to deliver now. Anything less than the play-offs would be a disappointment.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 pm

I do agree with your views TS, but we are all going to have different opinions on how things can be improved. It would be relatively modest, but it would increase the awareness of the football club. It wouldnt be difficult to produce 1000/1500 flyers and post them in shops in the local town, in my opinion.

It is clearly apparent that ever since Irving took over, we have improved year on year, the facilities have improved year on year, the quality of the playing staff has improved year on year. The staff we have at the club most other clubs in our division do not possess, the setup that we also have will be the envy of a lot of teams in our division.

It is now time for Simon and his team that he has assembled to show us what they are capable of. I have certainly heard the right noises coming out from the Players and Staff, but it's now time for them to stand up and be counted, starting with 3 points at Oxford on Saturday.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:18 pm

i guess that a chip wagon will add 150 to the gate on a cold January day lol!

"BRING BACK THE CHIPS" 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 pm

I did eat a burger at one of the friendlies...altho it tasted nice enough and seemed to be quality compared to some of the sh*te sold at grounds, it just wasn't the same as eating a nice chip butty......mmmm nice chip butty....Ged look into my eyes, not around my eyes.....a nice chip butty!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I think Neil, the key will be in the selection on sat

We play the 2 adams and Brown in the centre of the park then I reckon Hall will become isolated and we will probably get a bore draw......With Woods out, I would prefer to play Brown holding and Bolder alongside Nelthorpe.Nowakowski can slot in if Brown is out, but I have a feeling Simon's opinion will deffer from mine....And I'm not saying Nowakowski hasn't had a fantastic start to the pre-season, im merely saying that there are certain players Weaver shouldn't combine in a league game if we want the right balance...Most would favour Brown over Adam N.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Sneak preview of the free glossy A2 poster for fans to collect on Tuesday! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I do agree with your views TS, but we are all going to have different opinions on how things can be improved. It would be relatively modest, but it would increase the awareness of the football club. It wouldnt be difficult to produce 1000/1500 flyers and post them in shops in the local town, in my opinion.

It is clearly apparent that ever since Irving took over, we have improved year on year, the facilities have improved year on year, the quality of the playing staff has improved year on year. The staff we have at the club most other clubs in our division do not possess, the setup that we also have will be the envy of a lot of teams in our division.

It is now time for Simon and his team that he has assembled to show us what they are capable of. I have certainly heard the right noises coming out from the Players and Staff, but it's now time for them to stand up and be counted, starting with 3 points at Oxford on Saturday.

3 points would be tremendous but make no mistake Oxford are no mugs - a draw would be a cent result but the performance is of more interest:affraid: 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Well we just saw yet another passionless performance from England........Guarantee we will see the total opposite from Harrogate on Sat and Tues......OMG it is almost here, I can smell the new season, bugger the chips, I am ready for it!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 pm