Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
V'
A1 drifter
TownUltra
trevdee
TheNeil29
9 posters

Harrogate vs Oxford City

silent stu

Harrogate vs Oxford City - Page 2 Empty Re: Harrogate vs Oxford City

Post by silent stu Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Weaver probably gave them a bollocking at half time, considering he came out early, on his own, at half time, sat in the dug out and then went back inside!!
    Bolder is a must start from now on, if there is to be even the remotest shred of creativity in central midfield, and we want to get the best out of any of the attacking four.
    Anyone seen Woods?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Some interesting results out there today:

Altrincham1 - 3Hednesford Town
    FT
    Brackley Town3 - 2Boston United
    FT
    Bradford Park Avenue3 - 1Gloucester City
    FT
    Colwyn Bay3 - 1Solihull Moors
    FT
    Guiseley2 - 1Barrow
    FT
    Harrogate Town3 - 2Oxford City
    FT
    Stalybridge Celtic2 - 1Histon
    FT
    Stockport4 - 2Telford
    FT
    Vauxhall Motors2 - 1Leamington
    FT
    Worcester City0 - 1North Ferriby United
    FT
    Workington4 - 2Gainsborough Trinity

Massive result for Hednesford at Alty- They're on fire.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:18 am

slicker wrote:
    Enjoy Strictly, it will take your mind off today's disaster.
    TownUltra wrote:
    Workington won 4-2 today, not as turd as some have made out.
    Oh my God, that is poor, even by this forum's standards. Why is everything always so black and white on here? Ok we can argue all day about whether or not Weaver is a good manager but let's at least have some context and keep some perspective on things instead of petty point scoring. Workington have 11 points, one of the worst goal differences in the division and even we managed to beat them comfortably despite going into the game off the back of 5 defeats and a draw and half our best players not even involved. So beating Gainsborough 4-2 at home is the hallmark of a good team now is it? Remind me where Gainsborough are in the table.

silent stu wrote:Weaver probably gave them a bollocking at half time
    I don't think our Simon does bollockings but he ought to have dished one out after the game. There were more let offs at Wetherby Road yesterday than at the Stray firework display. But for the crossbar, the post, a magnificent save by Craig and one of the worst misses I've seen since Samantha Cameron, we nearly came away with nothing yesterday...and that was just the last 10 minutes, against one of the worst teams in the division.

Sure there were some positives yesterday, Hardy still has his shooting boots on, Bolder came back in and looked good, the young kid on the wing did some exciting things (although he'll need to learn that sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards if he doesn't want to earn himself the nickname "One Direction"), Taylor I'm liking a lot, Nowakowski is proving his worth despite the lapses that still creep in and at least we won. Hopefully we have some momentum now...but I wouldn't count on it. The future is still full of more questions than answers as far as the squad goes. The 4-4-2 seems to be doing the trick in terms of us scoring more goals but I have to say this all seems a bit unfair on Chris Hall who worked tirelessly and selflessly on his own up front earlier in the season and has now found himself out of the team through no fault of his own really. Southwell looks lightweight but presumably Hall is going to have to wait until he goes back to Grimsby to get his chance again up front in a front two. Rowe who had been doing well also finds himself sat watching now. Simon might say there are no rifts, no problems with attitudes and no arguments and that might even be true but you have to wonder how this season is going to pan out in terms of player contentment and mentality. I can't believe anyone who saw the game yesterday cannot see the bumps in the road ahead.

Simon made a fair point yesterday, we can only beat what's in front of us, even if it is dross like Workington and Oxford. And given the run we've had some wins are more than welcome but again, let's not get carried away. A bit of caution is hardly unwarranted given the trifling mess we've made of things so far this season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 am

DK I think you are underestimating Oxford City a little...They have almost the identical team of last season, who lets not forget beat us 3-1 at home. At the start of the season they were tipped by most bookies for promotion and if you look at their string of results they have drawn against Alty, Boston, BPA whilst beating Stalybridge and losing some tough games by just the odd goal. They are an ugly team, difficult to break down, just as I described pre-match and this league is as tight as I have ever seen it in terms of ability, forget who sits where in the league, it is about finding the net and finding momentum in this league.

So although yesterday was ugly in parts, what counts is that we are building a bit of that winning mentality........I would rather us build on that now and string a good run now than at the start of the season only to fizzle out come Christmas.

I guess we will find out exactly what a few of the characters in the squad are made of in the coming weeks and if they are committed to the cause they should be as hungry as when they first joined.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Woodsie has an achilles problem I am led to understand

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    Enjoy Strictly, it will take your mind off today's disaster.
    TownUltra wrote:
    Workington won 4-2 today, not as turd as some have made out.
    Oh my God, that is poor, even by this forum's standards. Why is everything always so black and white on here? Ok we can argue all day about whether or not Weaver is a good manager but let's at least have some context and keep some perspective on things instead of petty point scoring. Workington have 11 points, one of the worst goal differences in the division and even we managed to beat them comfortably despite going into the game off the back of 5 defeats and a draw and half our best players not even involved. So beating Gainsborough 4-2 at home is the hallmark of a good team now is it? Remind me where Gainsborough are in the table.

silent stu wrote:Weaver probably gave them a bollocking at half time
    I don't think our Simon does bollockings but he ought to have dished one out after the game. There were more let offs at Wetherby Road yesterday than at the Stray firework display. But for the crossbar, the post, a magnificent save by Craig and one of the worst misses I've seen since Samantha Cameron, we nearly came away with nothing yesterday...and that was just the last 10 minutes, against one of the worst teams in the division.

Sure there were some positives yesterday, Hardy still has his shooting boots on, Bolder came back in and looked good, the young kid on the wing did some exciting things (although he'll need to learn that sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards if he doesn't want to earn himself the nickname "One Direction"), Taylor I'm liking a lot, Nowakowski is proving his worth despite the lapses that still creep in and at least we won. Hopefully we have some momentum now...but I wouldn't count on it. The future is still full of more questions than answers as far as the squad goes. The 4-4-2 seems to be doing the trick in terms of us scoring more goals but I have to say this all seems a bit unfair on Chris Hall who worked tirelessly and selflessly on his own up front earlier in the season and has now found himself out of the team through no fault of his own really. Southwell looks lightweight but presumably Hall is going to have to wait until he goes back to Grimsby to get his chance again up front in a front two. Rowe who had been doing well also finds himself sat watching now. Simon might say there are no rifts, no problems with attitudes and no arguments and that might even be true but you have to wonder how this season is going to pan out in terms of player contentment and mentality. I can't believe anyone who saw the game yesterday cannot see the bumps in the road ahead.

Simon made a fair point yesterday, we can only beat what's in front of us, even if it is dross like Workington and Oxford. And given the run we've had some wins are more than welcome but again, let's not get carried away. A bit of caution is hardly unwarranted given the trifling mess we've made of things so far this season.
    Where's a Town Supporter when you need them ?

S.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Bolds is Back! Makes a difference ... cherish him, he wont be around for ever!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:49 pm

trevdee wrote:DK I think you are underestimating Oxford City a little...They have almost the identical team of last season, who lets not forget beat us 3-1 at home. At the start of the season they were tipped by most bookies for promotion.
    The league table doesn't lie.

I've got to say, the longer this season goes on the more convinced I am that this group of players should be pushing for automatic promotion.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:23 pm

DK my man, I'm not trying to score points against you or any other of the brethren. We are brothers in arms. I enjoy reading your thoughts and see the real passion that you feel for your hometown team which I appreciate and I too feel.

I do wonder though if there is a big thorn in the batsuit toe. Your view on Town seems shrowded in constant frustration. You seem to need a cuddle, or maybe a massage to take the angst and frustration away. Maybe a hot bath, with bubbles, a candle and some soothing music would help.

In the scheme of things the universe will come to an end, there is always better, there is always higher, but there is also here and now. We have an ampitheatre of spiritual homeliness that we can visit at least once every 2 weeks. Yes we would like promotion and if / when that happened we would be happy and then want promotion again. If we were relegated, most of us would be sad. I don't really know what I'm trying to say but I spose I'm saying we should take heart from the fact that we have Town- it is ours and whatever happens win or lose, the fact that we have Town and it is there is a great thing.

Next time I see you I'll give you a shoulder rub, in a manly, brotherly way. I'm not sure if you'd feel it through the latex, but I'm happy to try.

Keep the faith DK. Gotham needs you.

COME ON TOWN - TIME TO SMASH WORCESTER AND BPA.

Simon - if you read this I'd like another trophy this season, please try to beat BPA.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    trevdee wrote:DK I think you are underestimating Oxford City a little...They have almost the identical team of last season, who lets not forget beat us 3-1 at home. At the start of the season they were tipped by most bookies for promotion.
    The league table doesn't lie.

I've got to say, the longer this season goes on the more convinced I am that this group of players should be pushing for automatic promotion.
    Should be, defiantly yes, but there are probably a couple of other clubs in and amongst us thinking the same - it is which ever team takes this league by the scruff of the neck, and Hednesford are doing that right now. I do think that if we stick to a 4-4-2 play Bolder in the middle and stay consistent we can make the playoffs, it is still early doors. However, we need to win our next 4 or 5 games to put us back in the frame (inc wins against Alty and Hednesford), no excuses, we have to do the business now.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:57 pm

TownUltra wrote:
    I do wonder though if there is a big thorn in the batsuit toe. Your view on Town seems shrowded in constant frustration.

That's because I'm a fragile and insincere supporter remember. Cool 

Certain people do seem to think I have an agenda or a chip on my shoulder or I'm a hater or whatever but it's little wonder I get pissed off when people come on here with snidey insinuations that I'm happy to see the team lose. I want to win. Every game.

I admit, I don't have a crystal ball. My opinions are simply based on what I see, what I hear, what I read and historical evidence. Of course I might be absolutely wrong. Simon may in fact become a top class manager and take us into the conference and beyond...or even just the playoffs. If that happens I'll happily eat a huge portion of humble pie but ultimately we're heading towards 100 defeats with 100+ different players chewed up and spat out in just 5 years. Is this a trend that's likely to continue or suddenly just veer off on a better course?

I've noticed this though, nobody ever picks up on any of my positive posts, they only dwell on my criticisms. So maybe it's not me with the problem. I'm neither a half glass full nor a half glass empty type. I'm just a realist and I say it how I see it. Not with any prejudice but not through rose tinted glasses either.

If we beat Worcester next week then certainly some big credit is due to the manager and players, no matter who the opponents have been, 3 straight wins would not be something to be sniffed at. But as I've said, I can see problems looming again further up the road. For all the good things yesterday, we were very nearly put to bed at the end there. A decent team would have taken us to the cleaners in that last 10 and we have a lot more decent teams than Oxford left to play.

At the end of the day, do you guys want a forum for debate or do you just want a place where everybody posts "hooray" when we win and "awwww" when we lose?

Instead of folk just having a pop all the time and accusing me of this, that and the other, tell me why you think I'm wrong, give us some glorious insights that might make me change my mind.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Okay I think I've got the answer.

We need to get our physio to stand on the goal line and clear anything that comes near the goal.

Works in Brazil...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DK- you've got the batsuit you hang off the crossbar and I'll take the far post.

Nothing will stop us now mwa ha ha ha...
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am

Crazy game Saturday! After an hour I'd have put money on a 0-0 draw, 10 minutes later it was 3-1, all of them quality in their own way. I thought I could relax at 3-1, but we might even have lost it in the last few minutes...thought the ref would never blow his whistle. Then got drenched to the skin walking back across the Stray...still, I was happy!

Hardy has now got 5 goals in 2 and a half matches (take that Luis Suarez!), and looks to have a real striker's instinct (his second goal Saturday). His second goal last Saturday and his first this week were both real quality. Afraid Southwell isn't up to it, send him back to Grimsby and get Chris Hall back, he has done nothing wrong really. Adam Mitchell looked excellent: A Premier League player at Wetherby Road...I'm loving it Smile  Taylor looks good, and Bolder made a difference, has to start from now on in. Nelthorpe a puzzle: good last week, anonymous on Saturday. We are lucky to have Matt Bloomer as cover in defence. Never lets us down.

Still a lot of work to do to get back into play off contention, this should only be the beginning, we have to keep winning.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:03 pm

A total game of 2 halves on Saturday. 1st half, we were shocking. 2nd half, after we bought Adam Bolder on, we start bossing the game.

On the basis of it, we deserved the win, but it should have been comfortbale at 3-1, but Oxford could quite easily have pulled it back to 3-3.

Its 3 points though, and I will take that every time.

Onwards and Upwards.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

paulstreet wrote: We are lucky to have Matt Bloomer as cover in defence. Never lets us down.
    Amen to that. Don't know how anyone can knock the guy to be honest.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    paulstreet wrote: We are lucky to have Matt Bloomer as cover in defence. Never lets us down.
    Ask Town Supporter. He reckons Blooms "couldn't make most Sunday League sides"

S.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Chin up 'V' we'll get Fax for you in the next round son.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Blooms had a dodgy patch at the start of last season but has since become a bit of a trusted stand in rock

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:56 am

slicker wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    Ask Town Supporter. He reckons Blooms "couldn't make most Sunday League sides"

S.
    Slicker, you’re what Mourinho would describe as a voyeur. You are obsessed by everything I say and do!

I have been critical of Bloomer in the past – he reads the game fairly well, but my view has always been that he’s too lightweight and more often than not comes off second best. That said, I’ve not attended the last couple of games as a culmination of events have left me feeling at best, lukewarm towards the club. As things stand, I intend to stay away - that's my choice.

If people on here are saying Bloomer has been doing ok recently, then that's fine - I'm really not that bothered although I do find your rather obvious attempt at $hitstirring a bit desperate - even by your standards.

God bless you slicker for all your eagle eyed observations – for the most part I've enjoyed reading your comments and maybe now you can start obsessing over Dark Knight instead?!!!

Cheers,

TS
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Why not come to the match Saturday TS, you might be (pleasantly) surprised. And the last 30 minutes on Saturday was real manic stuff, regardless of what team you support, hard not to enjoy it, albeit I was having heart palpitations the last few minutes: 'blow your b....y whistle, ref'. Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm