Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

New Harrogate Town blog.

j2021

New Harrogate Town blog. Empty New Harrogate Town blog.

Post by j2021 Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello,
    I am Lee, I live in Harrogate and have been a big Harrogate Town fan for the last 12 years now. As a few of you already know, I am a student currently studying Sports Journalism at Leeds Trinity University. I did work experience at Harrogate Town last January for a 6 week period and thoroughly enjoyed my time there and have to say, I definitely gained a lot from it.

For my final year of university I have been asked to produce a news blog on my chosen area. I have decided to choose Harrogate Town. I will be judged on the quality of my news articles by my tutors, and the more interaction/views/interest I get on my blog can only help my final grade.  

The module this work concerns is 'The Digital Media Portfolio'. I am required to update my blog as much as possible, alongside all the essays and exams I have also been set. This blog may not be updated weekly, or sometimes not even for a few weeks due to the mentioned other university commitments but there will be new articles appearing from now until the end of February/March, possibly for longer if interest is high and I have the time to manage it.

I have 2 articles up there at the moment that will certainly be of interest to many of you out there, a quick piece on Charlie has just been uploaded in the last few hours. There are a few issues with the design of the blog at the moment but the articles are up and readable.

I may even get in touch over 'PM' with some of you on here over the next few months to get the fans views on certain news articles.

So let me know what you think.
    Hope you like what you see.
    Thanks,
    Lee

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New Harrogate Town blog. Empty Re: New Harrogate Town blog.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm

nice one, Lee - a good read.

TS
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Nice blog Lee. I'll keep checking in.

This reminds me of something that just leaped into my brain the other day - who remembers the fanzine Each Game As It Comes? I used to love a good fanzine, couldn't believe it when my local newsagent started stocking a Harrogate Town one! Sadly the internet has all but killed them off.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Arrow Arrow Arrow http://harrogatetownfcnews.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/after-recent-horrendous-injuries-liam-hardy-is-back-this-season-with-a-bang/ Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

This is really coming on. I commend Lee on this as it is a really good read.

Looking forward to the next article.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Great to have some background on Liam - a super read
    Can we have one on Matt Bloomer, one of the unsung heroes of the squad?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks a lot for your comments, really good to have some feedback. Will look into the possibility of doing an article on Matt Bloomer at some point in the near future.

Might be a few weeks until my next article as a few university deadlines are upcoming but I'll keep you all informed!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There have been a number of new articles since my last post on here.

But I have just posted a new article regarding the club shop opening inside the ground, including a brief interview with Club Secretary Mike Bligh.

Thought it might interest you, would be great if you could take a look.

Thanks, Lee.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Good effort that!
    Will have to get one of those “historic” F.A. Cup shirts before the design changes!
     Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm