Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Reserve Team

TheTown
    TheTown

Reserve Team Empty Reserve Team

Post by TheTown Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 am

Just like to say its great that the reserves are finally being used for what they are there for. Under Neil the reserves seemed to be almost completely seperate from the club, hardly ever being used to provide match practice or for players on form to be able to switch between the first team and them. I know the step from there to conference north is a big one, but there no matter what anyone says its still match practice and useful for the players.

From the report on the reserves game against Farsley sounds like Ollie Ryan is doing well and can hopefully transfer some of that form to first team. From what I've seen I think he is our best finisher, but seems to struggle for confidence at the mo. Anyway glad to see Simon's using the reserves, is much better for the club as a whole.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Reserve Team Empty Re: Reserve Team

Post by paulstreet Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 am

Completely agree! About time too!
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 pm

TheTown wrote:Just like to say its great that the reserves are finally being used for what they are there for. Under Neil the reserves seemed to be almost completely seperate from the club, hardly ever being used to provide match practice or for players on form to be able to switch between the first team and them. I know the step from there to conference north is a big one, but there no matter what anyone says its still match practice and useful for the players.

From the report on the reserves game against Farsley sounds like Ollie Ryan is doing well and can hopefully transfer some of that form to first team. From what I've seen I think he is our best finisher, but seems to struggle for confidence at the mo. Anyway glad to see Simon's using the reserves, is much better for the club as a whole.

Yes indeed. As I said before he also used the reserves to check over a couple of players he was interested in (one of which has signed). Benefits both parties if the players are good, the reserves are boosted and the manager gets to see potential players on home soil.

After taking the plunge last week I would recommend watching the reserves, it was an entertaining afair - free too. I am sure it would give the younger ones confidence if a few people bothered to come along and support.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 am