Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Former reserve manager

robin

Former reserve manager Empty Former reserve manager

Post by robin Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 am

Hello Town fans. I am a fan of lowly Selby town in the NCEL and we have just appointed you former Assistant manager/reserve manager David Heard. Does anyone know anything about this guy and what he may bring to our club ?

Since town he's been with Haxby in the York league. What will he bring ?? hopefully some good players or add to our young squad.

Any info would be great.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Former reserve manager Empty Re: Former reserve manager

Post by paulstreet Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 am

Don't think he was ever 'assistant manager'. Ran the reserve team for a couple of years but they were very seperate from the first team squad.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:07 pm

robin wrote:Hello Town fans. I am a fan of lowly Selby town in the NCEL and we have just appointed you former Assistant manager/reserve manager David Heard. Does anyone know anything about this guy and what he may bring to our club ?

Since town he's been with Haxby in the York league. What will he bring ?? hopefully some good players or add to our young squad.

Any info would be great.

He will bring his family Very Happy

As Paul said, he was never assistant and only reserve manager. If your after references then you should maybe contact the club directly?

robin

Post by robin Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:11 pm

not after references just wanna know if he'll bring success to our club
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

This makes him sound like he had a great deal of input with Town, I doubt he did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for experience in the Blue Square leagues, don't think reserve manager counts, or does it?

Anyway good luck to him bounce
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:18 pm

As I recall, the Town reserve team was young and included 2 of David's sons. Apart from the name, our reserve team and first team were (to me anyway) like two completely different entities with no apparent crossover. There were many questions asked by fans as to why this was so, therefore I guess my impressions were correct.

I think that winning the Lancashire league title should count for something though but it's difficult to say how that league and your league compare standard-wise.

So, I don't think we can be of much help. But good luck for the rest of the season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 pm