Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
rangerider
Dan_Gleebitz
j2021
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
JackHTFC
10 posters

Vauxhall thread

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Vauxhall thread Empty Vauxhall thread

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Well just got back very much two points dropped.

First half was OK. However, too much hoofing it up to Adam when possession was lost almost every time. A few decent passages when the midfield got hold of it and played it through to Chris Hall who is very good btw. 2nd half afraid to say we just didn't turn up.

Anyone see what happened on the final whistle?
    Innocent Bystander

Vauxhall thread Empty Re: Vauxhall thread

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Dwayne got involved with their bald centre half
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 pm

I didn't see what happened final whistle but let me guess, one of our players got sent off for dissent? Wright threw his shirt at Weaver in disgust?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm

2nd half was shocking, no other word for it!

We came out and were defensive from the start, towards the end of the half it even seemed like at times the 2 central midfielders had slotted into a back 6! Evil or Very Mad

This was just inviting the pressure, attack after attack, straight onto our back line, who I actually thought defended for their lives and did well, to say the amount of pressure they were under!

Chris Hall had a thankless task up front, pretty much on his own up there, trying to link up with Nowakowski, who lets just say, isn't the most creative of players.....

Dom Rowe looked electric when he came on, he was under used when brought on, there were a number of occasions we could've used him as an outlet and we were either too slow or actually seemed to be time wasting......

I always say that attack is the best kind of defence!

Wish the team knew that motto for the second half!!!

And we really do have quality when we attack with quick passing on the ground and to feet! Exclamation

Anyway, enough moaning..... let's put it right on Saturday, in which will be a very, very tough game!

Play like that, we lose, simple as that!
    Must be better!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Saw exactly what happened.

After the whistle went, their No3 "tripped" Dwayne. No need, but he did it anyway. Unfortunately Dwayne reacted and it all kicked off from there. Not sure the ref gave any cards for it. Mind you, he was pretty hopeless anyway.

Hope it was on the video(s) being recorded at the game.

Agree with your assessment Trev. 2 questions, one is why was Adam used as an attacker? It isn't his forte and I think he was wasted there.

Secondly, did Adam have a black eye?

Second half, we were not a team.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:48 pm

You asking me those questions?

1 - Weaver must have banged his head or let Tad pick the team (can't think of any other explanation)

2- Yes I noticed the black eye
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Absolute rubbish in the second half they where fitter and quicker to every ball, we all knew they would score it was just a matter of time, we need Woods back ASAP to give us some composure in midfield also Hall needs to get his shooting boots on, i also think we will get hammered on Saturday if we play like this, another unhappy fan GET IT SORTED SIMON and quick
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Football, she's a cruel mistress...

The equaliser had been coming for so long that I'd started to think we were actually going to get away with it. Also thought second half we might have seen visible signs of the talked about improved fitness levels kicking in and allowing us to get control of the game. VM showed real spirit though and we just didn't match it.

Like others have said, Chris Hall is totally isolated. He does a great job but carry on like that and he'll soon get frustrated and we won't even get that out of him. It's hard to score goals when you spend 90 minutes with your back to it. I hope we don't waste his obvious abilities.

Massive missed opportunity tonight but actually we could have lost that quite easily. Hopefully make amends at the weekend and move on.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

That second half just wasn't up to it. First half saw some good stuff though it confused matters to have Adam as a target man in a team that talks up their passing game, more of a case of wrong tactics rather than performance though. One thing I've been thinking for a while, the remaining slope does seem to provide an advantage to the team shooting towards the clubhouse end, usually home teams shoot towards the better end second yet we never choose to. Has anyone else thought this?
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 am

I always prefer Town to shoot towards Sainsbury's in the second stanza!
    Credit to Franks and Killock last night who stood up well with the second half onslaught!
    Cannot wait for Woods and Taylor to get in the team
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am

trevdee wrote:I didn't see what happened final whistle but let me guess, one of our players got sent off for dissent? Wright threw his shirt at Weaver in disgust?
    Tommy Wright? or the Vauxhall Assistant, Anthony Wright?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:08 pm

well looks like this could be the same as last season throwing points away at home, we blamed the pitch the players now we have a better pitch and players who do we blame now? we get a good gate and serve up dross like that in the second half how many who where there last night will think "yes i will come again"? i know its early doors but teams like Alty  Brackley  NFU are off to a flying start and we have another tough game ahead on Saturday, why is it we serve our worst displays for the CNG? come on Simon give us something to shout about or i can see gates of 300+ looming affraid
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Clearly all the loyal fans realise exactly what was wrong last night, let us just hope Simon and the management team also saw it, and correct things for Saturday. Pick the best XI players, trust the passing game, give Hall some support (Ashley completely wasted last night), put Hardy and Adam N back on the bench, give Rowe a decent chance, and just pray for Monday when Woodsy and (hopefully) Taylor are available. Pray that Jarman and Kendall get lost driving to Harrogate Smile 
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:09 pm

i reckon we could be fighting for a mid place position if we play like that again pity we can't play railway every week lol! 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Makes the 'at least the play offs' comments look a bit hollow doesn't it? How quickly reality bites.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm

I will definitely be there on Saturday. We may be laying into them a bit but I thought some players had a great game last night. Mezza, Hall, Bolder to name a few.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:05 pm

paulstreet wrote:Makes the 'at least the play offs' comments look a bit hollow doesn't it?  How quickly reality bites.
    One poor second half shouldn't mean that. It's early days. What happened to talk of giving it at least 10 games before making any snap judgements? First few games are bound to be a bit erratic results wise, for everyone. A win on Saturday and things would look pretty healthy even if things haven't been perfect.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 pm

The simple fact of the matter is with the quality at Simons disposal, we should have won, and won comfortably.

It's 2 points dropped, 2 points that could be vital at the end of the season.

I'm expecting a much improved performance on Saturday.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Yep, bit of an over-reacton from me Wed morning (disappointment!). Second half was poor, but we could have been 2 up by half time. I thought Merris, Bolder and Brown played well, and Rowe had his moments in the second half. Still I stick to my views though: Simon needs to trust his 'best' players (in this case that means Samuels and Nelthorpe for Saturday), and I'd like to see him give Rowe a start. Go back to the passing game, play Worsfold in a more central role. Abandon the Nowakowksi as striker option (please!), and whilst I'm pleased to see Liam Hardy back in action, not really sure he deserves a place in the starting XI.

Ferriby will be tough, but are, obviously, beatable. Lets see a reaction from the players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am