Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

17/11/12 Vauxhall CNG

17/11/12 Vauxhall CNG Empty 17/11/12 Vauxhall CNG

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 pm

3-1 today impressive first half display would of loved to see some possession stats the back 4 controlled the game about the best I've seen them play
    Second half killed the game and other then a sloppy goal where in complete control
    Players that impressed Shane at the back really bossed everything in a impressive back 4
    Both central midfields complemented each other well
    Lee full of running used the ball well and took his goal well
    Paul up top looks better each time I see him

Well impressed
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

17/11/12 Vauxhall CNG Empty Re: 17/11/12 Vauxhall CNG

Post by Smelemon on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Great result, hopefully we can start to clime the table after an absence of league games, we've played a fair few less than most the other clubs so if we can keep this up the league is looking pretty good aswell as the FA cup, come on Town!
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

The Weaver machine keeps rolling on! Based on our points per game average so far we would be 6th if we had played the same number of games as everyone else!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Yup, great result. Against a depressingly poor team. We dominated the first half, despite far to many misplaced passes.

Second half was a different matter.

We descended to their level. My giddy aunt it was depressing. Cold and depressing. After 20 minutes I looked at my watch to see when they would announce the time added on. Only 20 minutes played. Seemed more like 3 hours.

Mind you, they didn't look like scoring until we gifted them a break, but on balance they deserved to win the second half. However we woke up for the last 10 minutes and the place was buzzing.

Pleasingly, no player really stood out for me as being particularly bad or good. No quibble about the MOM award.

I think the pitch had a big effect on our game. Passing wasn't good as I've said, but that may have been due to the surface. But it's something we'll need to work on.

Overall, it's nice to have the 3 points

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trypo)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:30 pm

First half was ok considering the state of the pitch but in the 2nd we played awful except after Bolder went off. People who think this was a great performance obviously haven't watched Harrogate on a good pitch this season ( looking forward to Tues, Stalybridge have a very wide tidy pitch, we should dominate). If we perform like the 2nd against a half decent side we will be punished...

One really positive for me apart from the result - I have critisised Weaver for not reacting quick enough in the past when a change was required but I thought taking Bolder off was a great call. After the change we settled in the middle and kept possession better. I really hope Forrest isn't injured!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Well done lads on a good victory. Thought Shane had a great game. However concerned about how badly the pitch cut up so quickly. Will it be ok for the Cup tie?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 pm

I had a chat with Chib today says he's got a slight knee injury-nothing to worry about though.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 am

Had to leave with 15 minutes to go but would agree that the 1st half performance was outstanding - was particularly impressed with the tempo that we played at which I believe will be a big plus in the fa cup tie. Vauxhall were always going to compete after a rollicking at half time and kicking downhill, so not too disappointed with 2nd half performance - everyone is concerned about the playing service as it does not suit our style of play but we have to live with what we have and understand everyone is working their butts off to try and resolve the situation. Given this situation I have to say that I believe the attitude of the players has been 1st class - in the words of NIKE - Just Do It! and they are doing just that. cheers
    Well done to the whole team.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 am

Any reason Danny Forrest was taken off in the first half? I was "elsewhere" when it happened.

I thought we were particularly dangerous down our left during the early part. Lee Elam seemed to have the beating of their right side players. He and Merris were basically moving the ball at will early on.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

I was stood fairly close when he was put through but then he pulled up so either his hamstring or calf went by the looks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:20 pm