Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Dark Knight
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
7 posters

The lost my thread thread

The lost my thread thread Empty The lost my thread thread

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Could be a quiet forum for some if topics covering the Manager and Owner are locked !

Oh the answer to the question posed by DK, I am a season ticket holder, attendee of all cup games, including Mickey mouse and Donald duck ones, and I probably get to one in every two or three away games when other commitments permit.

S.

The lost my thread thread Empty Re: The lost my thread thread

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Don't let the trolls get to you Slicker. It's the only thrill they get in their lives.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm

I have nothing against DK or TS, even if I dont agree with some of their views, as I do agree with some points they raise as there is a level of validity to them I can understand.

The only way is to just not respond to their comments, or ignore them and carry on the thread in the normal manner.

We are coming into a crucial 3 weeks of the season now where we will sink or swim, and we need to be supporting the club at this crucial time, including the manager, staff and players.

People who arent willing to support 1 factor (i.e Manager), just support the players.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 pm

The self satisfied smugness has reached a whole new level now. Even the born agains and the newbies are in full flow. Credit to neil for his recent post though - you appreciate that we don't all happen to agree with the town setup and you're prepared to entertain others views which is more than could be said for most on here. Just wanted to say fair play to you for that. Those who know me will appreciate I'm a genuine supporter but there are many elements of the town setup that I don't approve of. To be persecuted for that reflects poorly on the club and supporters. And paul - it wasnt long since you were purchasing fragile and insincere supporters tshirts and we were all queuing up to buy one from you! Said my piece, happy to leave you all to your rather insular existence. Neil / trev / dk - if any of you fancy a pint in the crossbar for a chat away from all this nonsense then more than happy to have a word. If not then best wishes all the same. I'll be in my usual spot cheering on the team (but not the management)

Cheers

TS
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I will always look at it from both sides TS, that has never changed. Everyone has an opinion, even if people dont agree. If we all agreed on everything, the forum would be boring. Thats what makes the posts so interesting to read, even if they do go a bit over the top (which TS will back me up on that previously I have been, i'm no angel).

I'm always willing to listen to other people's views, but you and DK do raise some very valid points. That I can not disagree with.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

town supporter wrote:The self satisfied smugness has reached a whole new level now. Even the born agains and the newbies are in full flow. Credit to neil for his recent post though - you appreciate that we don't all happen to agree with the town setup and you're  prepared to entertain others views which is more than could be said for most on here. Just wanted to say fair play to you for that.  Those who know me will appreciate I'm a genuine supporter but there are many elements of the town setup that I don't approve of. To be persecuted for that reflects poorly on the club and supporters.  And paul - it wasnt long since you were purchasing fragile and insincere supporters tshirts and we were all queuing up to buy one from you!  Said my piece,  happy to leave you all to your rather insular existence. Neil / trev / dk - if any of you fancy a pint in the crossbar for a chat away from all this nonsense then more than happy to have a word. If not then best wishes all the same. I'll be in my usual spot cheering on the team (but not the management)

Cheers

TS

Priceless TS - "To be persecuted............." beggars belief!!!!! Shocked Shocked 

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm

"The self satisfied smugness has reached a whole new level now"

An early but pretty good candidate for quote of the season. So sad that you would rather see Town fail so you can further your vendetta. The rest of us just want to see some decent football and have a bit of excitement at the right end of the table. Doesn't bother me who owns what and who is related to who or good mates, if that's what I get for my few quid every week.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:47 pm

slicker wrote:Could be a quiet forum for some if topics covering the Manager and Owner are locked !

Oh the answer to the question posed by DK, I am a season ticket holder, attendee of all cup games, including Mickey mouse and Donald duck ones, and I probably get to one in every two or three away games when other commitments permit.

S.
    Well done you. Although that doesn't answer my question. I asked how many games you've been to this season.

So in actual fact it would appear you haven't been to that many more games than me this season.

Not that match going has any relevance as you only have to surf forums like this or switch on 606/talkshite radio to realise that your average match going fan these days is a clueless whopper with a low IQ.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Why have those two threads been locked? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? If people want to have a whinge about anything they are more than entitled to? Mr Admin explain?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:Could be a quiet forum for some if topics covering the Manager and Owner are locked !

S.
    Well done you. Although that doesn't answer my question. I asked how many games you've been to this season.

So in actual fact it would appear you haven't been to that many more games than me this season.

Not that match going has any relevance as you only have to surf forums like this or switch on 606/talkshite radio to realise that your average match going fan these days is a clueless whopper with a low IQ.

Around 30 games including pre season if your so keen to compare size. Thanks for your interest.

S.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm

TownUltra wrote:Why have those two threads been locked? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? If people want to have a whinge about anything they are more than entitled to? Mr Admin explain?

My bad.. please go ahead and carry on!

:-)
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks Mr Admin. Keep up the good work.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Basketball Thanks DK, that's put me in my place. I'm clueless whopper am I. Please let me know when I should stop enjoying watching football.
    Just proves that you have no sense of what the "average" fan wants.
    Why are you the go-to person for football knowledge?
    But there, I'm just an OAP Season Ticket holder who is glad someone stepped in when Bill F had had enough.
    Get a life, you don't have the right to talk down to me or anyone else.
    OOOOH, that's better!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 am

Quite true about the t-shirts TS, and I was indeed very upset by that particular low point of the season, as were many others. But we have moved on, and, in any case, it never stopped me being a Town supporter, just a very unhappy one! Also, of course, it had nothing to do with the manager or the team's performance...we won the game. I may have many faults but being 'clueless' and having a low IQ are not among them. In fact this forum is remarkably 'literate' compared to many Ive glanced at, but then we are Harrogate supporters!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 am