Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
nztownfan
Martin L
gedmaloney
Dan_Gleebitz
trevdee
TheNeil29
10 posters

HTFC vs Colwyn Bay

TheNeil29

HTFC vs Colwyn Bay Empty HTFC vs Colwyn Bay

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:02 am

Really up for this game tonight, and hoping that the boys can get the 3 points. Really sorry to see Tom go back to York, but that is the joys of the loan market.

I read something interesting the other day. When it comes to the Real vs Man U game tonight, Jose Mourinho says 'The world will stop to watch this game'.

Unfortunately Jose, I wont be, and neither will 700 other fans (hopefully more), as we will all be at Wetherby Road, watching HTFC v Colwyn Bay!! I'd rather be stood freezing my balls off, having paid £12, watching players get stuck in, then pay £50 and be sat so far back, watching multi-millionaire nancy boys fall over at the slightest touch and not being able to read the players names on the backs of their shirs!! It would be like watching Subbuteo!!

Give me HTFC any day of the week!! Thats real football.
    trevdee
    trevdee

HTFC vs Colwyn Bay Empty Re: HTFC vs Colwyn Bay

Post by trevdee Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

even better, why pay £12 when you can use your supporters club free ticket!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am

Because I have been so pre-occupied with work, I didnt get one. So I will be paying Crying or Very sad
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Jose Mourinho says 'The world will stop to watch this game'.

Unfortunately Jose, I wont be, and neither will 700 other fans (hopefully more), as we will all be at Wetherby Road, watching HTFC v Colwyn Bay!!
    Yes, I heard he'd said that and thought the same as you Very Happy

TheNeil29 wrote:I'd rather be stood freezing my balls off
    Personally, I'd rather be sat in a hot tub with Pippa Middleton, Wink but to each his own...

TheNeil29 wrote:having paid £12, watching players get stuck in, then pay £50 and be sat so far back, watching multi-millionaire nancy boys fall over at the slightest touch and not being able to read the players names on the backs of their shirs!!
    I must get stronger glasses Neil. I can't read the players names on the backs of our shirts either Rolling Eyes

TheNeil29 wrote:Give me HTFC any day of the week!! Thats real football.
    Yup, certainly is cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Jose Mourinho says 'The world will stop to watch this game'.

Unfortunately Jose, I wont be, and neither will 700 other fans (hopefully more), as we will all be at Wetherby Road, watching HTFC v Colwyn Bay!!
    Yes, I heard he'd said that and thought the same as you Very Happy

TheNeil29 wrote:I'd rather be stood freezing my balls off
    Personally, I'd rather be sat in a hot tub with Pippa Middleton, Wink but to each his own...

TheNeil29 wrote:having paid £12, watching players get stuck in, then pay £50 and be sat so far back, watching multi-millionaire nancy boys fall over at the slightest touch and not being able to read the players names on the backs of their shirs!!
    I must get stronger glasses Neil. I can't read the players names on the backs of our shirts either Rolling Eyes

TheNeil29 wrote:Give me HTFC any day of the week!! Thats real football.
    Yup, certainly is cheers

I actually would prefer being stood on a cold touchline, then being in a hot tub with Pippa Middleton.....she would be too high maintenance, and i'd rather watch football. cheers

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:27 am

Why not Pippa , hot ub on touchline like they used to do on 20:20 cricket!! bounce
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 am

Why not man of the match gets a dunk with pippa - we would be european champions in 6 years !

I like it.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 am

European Champions in 6 years?? I like it!! The amount of work you are doing for the supporters club, they should be paying you a wage!

On a more serious note, do we have anyone of a 'celebrity' status that is maybe a supporter of the club?
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Gareth Southgate, Danny Mills and Michael Vaughan (Cricketer) all live in Harrogate Smile

Looking forward to tonight even if it is just live text/Radio
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm

GOAL - Knowles 1-0 (2 mins)
    GOAL - Colwyn equalise 1-1 Sad
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Apparently Harrogate are dominating the gme.. three corners already... they snached a break away goal
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm

1-2 the bay Sad
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Table as it stands with current scores

POS TEAM PLD PTS
    1 Chester 32 85
    2 Guiseley 29 66
    3 Brackley 30 62
    4 Halifax 25 53
    5 Altrincham 30 51
    6 Harrogate 27 49
    7 Gainsborough 28 49

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Chib playing right wing Embarassed is off for Elam

Mr Weaver he is a target man CF.. not a pacy right winger, the different bbetween the too positions is the biggest in football Mad
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Harrogate sub: Youhill for Woods.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Hit the bar and a goal dissalowed (Clear Handball apparently) in the last few minuets

FT. 1-2 Loss
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm

lost 1-2 WTF Chib on right wing Evil or Very Mad please explain Simon your suppose to learn from your mistakes
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Hmm you beat me to it...Chibs playing there =bugger all balance!

Well it is simple we now need 6 points out of 6, and if Chibs starts there we will end up with 0 points out of 9
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 pm

I think this will be a run of 3 defeats on the trot Crying or Very sad just cannot see us getting anything from Halifax and Chester we needed a win tonight
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 pm

yep I agree...and whats with taking Woods off when he was running the show?........Im pretty sure if White was playing they wouldn't have scored....Bloomer played well tonight, thought he passed well but there was a point before one of the goals where White would have muscled the guy and broken up their play. Agh well no point picking up little pieces when we absolutely dominated the game and should have won.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Chib was not playing right wing at any point during the game......

We played 4-4-2, Chib was up front with Knowles the whole time he was on the pitch, however he didn't have a good game at all, his first touch was off and lost out to Sinclair on pretty much everything, hoping he's saving his goals for Chester and Halifax!

In terms of the game, I thought the two breakaway goals killed us, it then allowed Colwyn Bay to get all men behind the ball and defend for their lives, which to be fair they did really well.
    Although we should have been able to find a way through if we think we are good enough for the play-offs, I thought for the two break away goals they scored, the gap between our midfield and defence was really poor, we left the likes of Bloomer and Samuels completely exposed on a number of occasions, I think Dropping Nowakowski to sit just behind the central midfielders in a defensive midfield role would've quite easily combated this, as he offers completely nothing going forward anyway...... and it would then allow the more creative players, e.g. Bolder and Woods free to attack!

Overall, a very disappointing performance, thought Knowles had and Killock had good games like usual, don't think i've ever seen Killock play badly all season. Bloomer and Merris also had decent games. We just seemed to lack that bit of quality in the final third. Also what worried me is the substitutions made no impact at all, really thought they could've won us the game but I guess it just wasn't to be our day.....

C'mon Town! Let's put it right at Halifax on Thursday!

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

To me it looked like they played a diamond formation and the way the players were giving Chibs stick it was his responsibility to fill that hole in right mid.......After he got stick he veered to right mid/right wing in the first half, so it was probably Chib's lack of technical knowledge that fooled you into thinking he was playing up top.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Chib was definitely upfront alongside Knowles for the time he was on the pitch, he was a direct replacement for the position Danny Forrest has been playing recently, Chib just didn't perform, he was up front in his favourite position, his poor performance can't be blamed on him been out of position tonight, the players were giving him stick because of his inability to hold the ball up.
    Tom Platt was more towards the right side of midfield, we started the game with no wide players.

The line-up was pretty much.........

-------------------Craig------------------
    Samuels-----Bloomer----Killock------Mezza
    -------Platt------Bolder----Nowakowski---
    -------------------Woods------------------
    ------------Chilaka-----Knowles-----------

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:51 pm

j2021 wrote:Chib was definitely upfront alongside Knowles for the time he was on the pitch, he was a direct replacement for the position Danny Forrest has been playing recently, Chib just didn't perform, he was up front in his favourite position, his poor performance can't be blamed on him been out of position tonight, the players were giving him stick because of his inability to hold the ball up.
    Tom Platt was more towards the right side of midfield, we started the game with no wide players.

The line-up was pretty much.........

-------------------Craig------------------
    Samuels-----Bloomer----Killock------Mezza
    -------Platt------Bolder----Nowakowski---
    -------------------Woods------------------
    ------------Chilaka-----Knowles-----------

I have to agree. He played up front in the middle but even with the ball to feet he was outmuscled. I thought we did play very deep at times. I like seeing us build from the back, but knocking the ball about in our own third of the pitch for long periods when Woods shows in flashes what he is capable of through the middle was frustrating. He has an air of Gascoigne about him the way he can ride challenges. However when he went off we didn't compensate until the last 15 minutes when we were all over them like a rash. It did appear that they had done some homework on us, whereas they surprised us (and particularly Dwayne) with their pace down the left.

In hindsight we could/should have gone direct a little earlier, but it just seemed to be one of those nights when they were going to hang on. Interesting to see Histon's result. Puts our win against them into context.

Still, close your eyes then reopen them with the league table in front. It still looks like we are in with a great chance of the last play off berth.

It really is about time we stood up to Halifax after so many disappointments.

S.

S.

S.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 am

don't think we will beat Halifax they are the form team at the moment 2 games scored 12 conceded 0 if we beat them i will eat my horse if someone hasn't already lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:42 am