Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
CCOB
trevdee
paulstreet
TheNeil29
8 posters

HTFC vs Barnsley

TheNeil29

HTFC vs Barnsley Empty HTFC vs Barnsley

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Really looking forward to this one. It will be interesting to see some of the new signings in action to see what they can bring to the table, and how the club will benefit.

The pitch is looking amazing, the plans for the stands look great. All we need now are for the fans to turn out in their droves to see our beloved club play football.

I'm feeling really positive about the season ahead and for the future, and I get the distinct impression we will upset the applecart somewhat. Clubs are going to come here and be surprised at the quality of the setup we have, and if we can get the fans in and create a more passionate, friendly and welcoming atmosphere, it will only drive the players on to achieve more on the pitch.

One of the best decisions I made 6 years ago, was deciding to follow Harrogate Town when I moved up here. Even through the hard times, I never regretted my decision and what is happening lately fully justifies my decision.

Good luck to Irving, Simon and all the staff and players at Harrogate this season. I will be following you every step of the way.

Onwards and Upwards.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

HTFC vs Barnsley Empty Re: HTFC vs Barnsley

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Well said! Hope its a bit cooler on Saturday, don't want too much of this...sunny 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Apparently Barnsley are playing FC Brugge on Friday night, so maybe we will just get the youngsters, bit disappointing, but then its Town I want to see, not the opposition!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I think we will find with the majority of these Pre-season friendlies that it will be a mix of Youth, Reserve and First Team players, the big thing is that we have managed to attract clubs of this calibre to come to our ground for these friendlies. That is a big achievement in itself, and they will still bring decent numbers of supporters down, which brings money into the clubs coffers, which is always a good thing. Also, it will enhance our reputation and give us more exposure.

We may even spring a few surprise results in these Pre-Season friendlies.

Onwards and Upwards.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 pm

And lets get a decent batch of curry sauce in too!!!

And the wait is nearly over, a few long months, boring saturdays and we are finally back to business!!!

I imagine we will throw on a few trialists too
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

I would think Lincoln City will bring the first team squad a week Tomorrow, they are only one level above us. The other teams we play pre-season will be a combination of youth & reserve team players. Could be some big name players coming back from injury though. Roll on Saturday. Wonder if they will be selling season tickets on Saturday, the Family tickets look a bargain to me, 1 adult & 1 under18 for £205 pound, if my calculations are correct that's just under a fiver each per match!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Been a while since our last home friendly!!!!
    Shocked 
    These fixtures will certainly test our fitness levels, as most of the oppositions players will train full time!
    Smile
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

24th of January should be a interesting fixture Town v Town reserves sorry Bradford Park Avenue lol! 
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

playing against a load of kids is not going to tell us much Mad 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:51 am

Well, that is what Pre-season friendlies are for. What did you expect? did you really think that these teams would bring their first 11s? It was always going to be a mixture of Youth, Reserve and maybe first team players returning from injury or gaining match fitness.

It gives our club a chance to put in some good performances and gain some credible, positive results, instead of their first teams coming to us, and putting double figures past us, which would do nothing for the confidence of the squad.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Don’t “kid” yourselves!!!!
    These friendlies are certainly going to test the fitness levels of our squad!!!
    It’s a tough start to the season & we need to hit the ground running.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 pm

if its going to be Barnsley u21s it should be advertised as that, i would not have known if Paulstreet had not put it up here
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am

Hello all Very Happy Back from my break and quite literally hopping around in excitement for this one Laughing

RR we will learn alot from the "youngsters" being brought by our southern friends (Wink) as we are not here to win necessarily... more to get the team to gel and improve fitness for the new season.

looking forward to this as its nice and sunny and i wont be following it as much as a normal match... much more relaxing Very Happy
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 am

It could be Barnsley U13s or Barnsley over-65s and I wouldn't have a care! All that matters is a chance to get down to the CNG and support Town at the start of another adventure!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm