Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Where are we going to play ?

Where are we going to play ? Empty Where are we going to play ?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm

There is no way we will complete two home fixtures a week with the pitch and winter weather combination, even if I did pass the CNG at the weekend and spotted rolls of turf presumably waiting to be laid.

How about Farsley ?

They have a ground that was good enough for BSN games before administration, and it looks like they have a normal 8 home game run in, as opposed to our 15. Only 30 minutes away on a decent day.

Even just 3 or 4 games would take the pressure off, and although at a cost, it must be better than risking not fulfilling our fixtures.

S.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Where are we going to play ? Empty Re: Where are we going to play ?

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

I do feel its time to consider this option seriously. lets face it we are now entering the period of winter when games tend to be postponed even in normal circumstances: snow, ice etc. Its snowing in Harrogate now, will the latest bit of 'remedial' work be able to go ahead? Farsley should be a realistic option, mind you, I'm biased: bus to Farsley stops virtually outside my front door and I can be there in 15 minutes!

By the way, I tend to disagree with those who say we would be in the same mess with the old pitch. Yes, we had games cancelled but normally only when a lot of games were off elsewhere. Its boring to repeat it but the fact is last week's weather was about as good as you are going to get in an English winter, and we still couldn't play. Don't get me wrong I was as enthusiastic about us getting a new pitch as anyone, just making the point.

It will be a painful decision for Mr Weaver to make (and cost money I guess), but arranging a ground share surely is rapidly becoming the sensible option. Get our pitch properly sorted for next season.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 am