Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Freedom to play

Innocent Bystander

Freedom to play Empty Freedom to play

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Do players at Skrill North level get freedom to play - to play what they see rather than fit into rigid patterns of play? I had a fascinating supper with AVB tonight - incredibly interesting to hear his views on coaching and finding the 5% difference that managers can make at PL level. It was utterly fascinating to chat about how hard PL players work and the intensity of life inside a PL academy. Looking forward to coming up for the BPA Trophy Clash!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Freedom to play Empty Re: Freedom to play

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 am

You mix in the best circles IB! I hope the club has a special padded seat for you in the stand when you come up to watch Town. It does actually raise something that has always puzzled me: managers who shout instructions at players the whole way through a game: is that really helpful to the players? I'd find it distracting (and annoying). Let them play, save your breath for the half time talk.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 pm