Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
rangerider
V'
TooManyPies
JackHTFC
trevdee
nztownfan
Big Lundy
11 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham

htown

TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham

Post by htown Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm

I do agree with you on many things to be honest town supporter but i don't think they'd be a queue of people looking to buy Harrogate if Irving did decide to leave. The problem with Weaver's problem is he over thinks things rather than just doing the obvious he tries thinks like Jonny Allan. Maybe he's been good at training but its a lot easier playing against your own team mates when you understand how they play than other players. Too many average players will be on quite good money at Harrogate a little bit like last year. Allan for example will be doing well i think. So will Bloomer and if Di Veiga is on contract he'll be on over 200. The reason he probably wasnt on the bench was to save money.
    htown

Post by htown Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Also regardless of form when is something going to happen about the stadium. Promotion this season clearly pointless so why not spend FA cup money either adjusting ground or possibly leasing a venue and maybe building it up or someone mentioned a rugby club earlier in season that could be viable. I don't know ive never seen it just going on what one of you guys said.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm

rangerider wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:guys is this not a major over reaction??? we have lost one game..... the player might have had a knock and there was no point risking it at 2-0 down.... we have come along way this year compared to the last two....

well thats not hard seeing as we finished near the bottom and only avoided relegation by luck, 5th from bottom would count as an improvement,

exactly and we are doing better then that
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 pm

I was at the Workington game too and Chibs had a shocker, but then so would I if I was isolated up front. Weaver has reacted to the way Chibs played and thought he would try out Allan...From what I have seen of Allan he plays better when he has a partner, Weaver should know this. Also when playing one up front we can't play 3 defensive midfielders...Luke Dean has to play and support the forward guy, it's the only way it will work.

It was a simple case of not playing the players to the best of their ability.

I think we can still get promoted with the current stadium and would get time to sort it out like Brackley this season. Weaver mentioned pushing on for the playoffs so I imagine he does think we can go up.

Anyway I'm not going to grumble anymore, we will wait until Tuesday to see whether he fields the clowns and I certainly wont be going to that!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am

Lot of anger here over a single defeat, but I must say I feel the same...when I looked at the team in the NLP yesterday I could hardly believe it, Chib dropped and not even brought on as a sub...Allan is a busted flush and shouldn't even be in the squad. Whether or not to have a sub keeper is a judgement call, lots of teams don't these days. Still annoyed, but at least the club (and the manager) hjave a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow...and they better had!
    If you were really cynical you might think the club don't really want to reach the play offs anyway, so picking a weird starting XI kind of helps Shocked
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 pm

If you want to see how shite we were have a look at this video (great video quality by Alty)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It actually highlights the true skill of Allan and Bloomer ( Allan with a chance to equalise and Bloomer with a great air shot or step over to present their forward with a chance. Adam did well in goal).
    htown

Post by htown Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 pm

how did Allan miss that chance at 1-0 alty it looked like it was easier to score.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Because he is crap, not BSN standard and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Like a few more players in the squad that Weaver should get shut of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:00 pm