Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
rangerider
V'
TooManyPies
JackHTFC
trevdee
nztownfan
Big Lundy
11 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham Empty TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham

Post by Big Lundy Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 pm

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Altrincham (Away) Sat 5th Jan 2013 K.O. 3:00pm

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Where to eat & drink:
    There is a bar inside the ground called the Noel White Suite, which is situated under the Main Stand.
    Otherwise in Moss Road there is a pub nearby called the “King George”
    Across the road from the ground is a Fish & Chip shop called “The Good Catch”.
    The ground is also near the town centre where there are plenty of eating establishments to be found.
    (Tesco, Gregg’s, Sainsbury’s, Subway, KFC etc…)

Prices:
    Adults-
    Standing £13
    Seating £15

Concessions-
    Standing £8
    Seating £9

Aged 12 to 16 seating or standing £5
    Under 12s seating or standing £2

Disabled Free, Helpers £13

History:

Ground:
    Moss lane
    Capacity 6,085 of which 1,154 are seated & 4,200 are covered
    Record Attendance 10,275 Altrincham Boys v Sunderland Boys English Schools Shield 28/02/25

Last competitive match @ Altrincham
    21/01/12 Blue Square Bet North
    Altrincham 5 TOWN 2 (Brayson 2)
    Att 773

Terrace Talk:

Altrincham forum:

Live match coverage:

Last edited by Big Lundy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Altrincham

Post by nztownfan Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 pm

lets get a win and show we are in the hunt for promotion
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 pm

One of their key players is injured...I think our back 4 are solid enough to hold tight and if we play to our strengths then there is no reason we can't come away with a win. We showed in the game at home that we can dominate midfield, and going by some of their comments on the Alty forum regarding their last game, they lack any depth in midfield.

As long as we don't let them shoot in the first few minutes (mind you we have a better keeper now)!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 pm

How many of us are going to this?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:24 pm

We can really show that we're a serious contender this year with a win.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Defiantly and it is equally as important to them too so should be a good game... I reckon we will get a 1-0 win! Them and Halifax seem to have the most arrogant sets of supporters so will be nice to see gloom on their fans faces.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Alty already lost 5 home league games!
    Although they were against some of the stronger sides in the league.
    If we can keep it tight at the back we can get something from this game!

TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh dear, 1 down, down to 10 men and Adam Nowakowski in goal. But he saved the penalty! Doesn't look good regardless mind.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Shocked No sub keeper!!!! Schoolboy error.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 pm

it was on the cards soon as we meet a decent team we implode, why no sub keeper? why no chub?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:55 pm

club is run by amateurs Evil or Very Mad
    Pis----sedoff

Post by Pis----sedoff Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 pm

rangerider wrote:club is run by amateurs Evil or Very Mad

I have just had to create a new account ! Just to comment........

Weaver does not have a clue how to manage a football team, he cost us the fa cup game against Hastings with bad management decisions, has no clue how to manage players and get the best out of them , he changes formation at least 10 times a game , too worried about what formation The opposition are playing rather than play to our strength ......... now he's going to cost us the playoffs.

Why would you start to chop and change a team that was playing so well goes beyond me !
    What a muppet .........

RANT OVER !
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:34 pm

I take it your not a happy bunny?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm

who is a happy bunny with this idiot running the team?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm

i see Reeves scored again and our goalscorer was on the bench says it all Evil or Very Mad
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm

A joint-manager/Head of football needs to be appointed pretty damn quick, if we want the play-offs this season!

Someone with a bit more experience and nouse that Weaver can learn a thing or two off!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm

I am fuming after today. 3 words to summarise today -

SHOCKING TEAM SELECTION!!!!!!

We will never ever score with Alan up front on his own, it is already proven he isn't a goal scorer.

Before the sending off we were getting outplayed in central midfield anyway, yet we had 3 central midfielders in there......Adam Nowakowski shouldn't be starting any games unless his ability improves. For me he is someone to throw on in the 70th minute to break up their attacks. I don't care if we are down to 7 players, I still would never play Bloomer, he isn't comfortable on a footy pitch, perhaps he should hang his boots up and Alan can at least hold the ball up he battles hard but he just can't score.

I did however like seeing Samuels play right midfield in the 2nd half and think he should be played there regularly (bring in a new right back, winger problem solved right there) and also I thought when Forrest came on he played really well in the central role...maybe worth slotting in there next game to play behind the striker.

Altrincham must be laughing their asses off tonight, it should have been about 8-0 and we looked like a flaming relegation team.....playoff pfft, f**k the playoff we may aswell set our sights on a top half finish.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm

And another thing, I don't even want to see any interviews from Weaver in any paper or on any YouTube clip saying us supporters harshly critisise players...They are semi-pro footballers and when they are blatantly shite we have a right to say so...If they can't handle it then they should go play another sport!

Oh and another rant - Baker played up front on his own for the majority of the 2nd half...He was subbed off late on and Youhill was brought on to play centre forward....OK FINE BUT THEN WHY IS OUR TOP GOAL SCORER STILL SAT ON THE BLOODY BENCH..YOUHILL IS A RIGHT WINGER!!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 pm

come on Weaver lets have some answers, and why can't we sign some players instead of bringing in loan players, are we broke?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Managers Word time!!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 pm

guys is this not a major over reaction??? we have lost one game..... the player might have had a knock and there was no point risking it at 2-0 down.... we have come along way this year compared to the last two....
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:57 pm

nztownfan wrote:guys is this not a major over reaction??? we have lost one game..... the player might have had a knock and there was no point risking it at 2-0 down.... we have come along way this year compared to the last two....

well thats not hard seeing as we finished near the bottom and only avoided relegation by luck, 5th from bottom would count as an improvement,
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Anyone who saw the game yesterday would be annoyed by the team selection, and had I of known the team selection I wouldn't have wasted my money and time by going...Chib didn't have a knock or why was Beesley left out of the squad and buying chips at half time......Allan is our 3rd choice striker and shouldn't have been in the line up. It's simple, if you want to drop Chibs (lets face it, it can't be to rest him, we hardly bloody play) then you play Beesley.

Why oh why did he decide to tamper with the team when we have a chance to jump above another playoff contender?? This wasn't a County cup game, it was probably one of the most important league games, a chance to cement a strong position and a chance to be taken seriously. I bet every other team in the top 10 played their best available team yesterday and I bet every other team put in maximum effort, but no not us.....Simon decided to play his fringe players, players out of position, players who wouldn't even get into the Hinckley first 11. So the big mistake for me is believing Harrogate Town have ambition.

I'm not going to start an anti Weaver campaign like some, I actually like the guy but I think if we miss play off places this season, his position needs to be looked at.
    htown

Post by htown Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I agree with nztownfan fair enough you paid your money and have a right to voice your opinion but could they not of both had knocks and Weaver decided to rest them both. Also this is one game and everyone is jumping on Weavers back fair enough hes not by any means perfect but as discussed before no Simon no Irving. Another point how do you know Chib wasn't injured? and some of your reactions are majorly over the top (town supporter). The fact is why are you trying to achieve promotion when if you do your ground won't allow you to be and until the ground is changed nothing can be done. The simple fact is there is no room for car parking so why not look on bright side of life that relegation is unlikely and we have earnt a lot from FA cup money.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:07 pm

trevdee wrote:Anyone who saw the game yesterday would be annoyed by the team selection, and had I of known the team selection I wouldn't have wasted my money and time by going...Chib didn't have a knock or why was Beesley left out of the squad and buying chips at half time......Allan is our 3rd choice striker and shouldn't have been in the line up. It's simple, if you want to drop Chibs (lets face it, it can't be to rest him, we hardly bloody play) then you play Beesley.

Why oh why did he decide to tamper with the team when we have a chance to jump above another playoff contender?? This wasn't a County cup game, it was probably one of the most important league games, a chance to cement a strong position and a chance to be taken seriously. I bet every other team in the top 10 played their best available team yesterday and I bet every other team put in maximum effort, but no not us.....Simon decided to play his fringe players, players out of position, players who wouldn't even get into the Hinckley first 11. So the big mistake for me is believing Harrogate Town have ambition.

I'm not going to start an anti Weaver cahmpaign like some, I actually like the guy but I think if we miss play off places this season, his position needs to be looked at.

What's liking the guy got to do with it? He's incapable, that's all there us to it. If that means irving going too thn fine. I'd much rarher have someone appointed on merit who knew what they were doing. I've supported the club for many years when the club was run on a limited budget (not like some of the jump on the fa cup bandwagon people on here) and much preferred it.

Last edited by town supporter on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:33 am