Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
TooManyPies
harlowhill
nobby99
Londonyorkie
nztownfan
Innocent Bystander
10 posters

Town 5 Hinckley 0

Innocent Bystander

Town 5 Hinckley 0 Empty Town 5 Hinckley 0

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Huge thanks to everyone at the club who helped to get the game on today. Match day attendance of 1440 fully justifies the decision to allow free entry - loads of families there today. Pre-match food was quite superb, warm welcome, great meal, hope the Boxing Day game will go ahead because that could attract a really good attendance.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Town 5 Hinckley 0 Empty Re: Town 5 Hinckley 0

Post by nztownfan Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 pm

happy with the result Smile Scoring early and controling the game Smile is elm ok because he was once again quality.... Pitch is really really bad but we will adapt to play well on it

Good bounce back for the fa cup and up the league we go cheers
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Lots of sand, verti-draining, pitch covering, hand rolling, early spring growth - we'll survive the pitch this year
    Londonyorkie

Post by Londonyorkie Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:47 pm

From 200 miles away in london this looks like a great result today.OK its the team everybody beats and scores plenty against but the lads must have being physically and mentally drained after Thursday.Only 24hours rest then back at it.League position looking good and thing are starting to narrow higher up.Did Elam start today?? He was the best player on the pitch when he came on against Hastings. Does anybody think we can get apoint against Chester. Are they really that much better than the rest, need a player profile from somebody.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Londonyorkie wrote: From 200 miles away in london this looks like a great result today.OK its the team everybody beats and scores plenty against but the lads must have being physically and mentally drained after Thursday.Only 24hours rest then back at it.League position looking good and thing are starting to narrow higher up.Did Elam start today?? He was the best player on the pitch when he came on against Hastings. Does anybody think we can get apoint against Chester. Are they really that much better than the rest, need a player profile from somebody.

Elam started. Not quite as good as the other day but he played his heart out as always. Had a few shots but they went over the bar. Seem to tweak his hamstring at one point and was subbed - always gives 120% but seems more effective as a super sub. Chester - tough, but we're capable of getting something. I'm more worried if we have enough players to cover the pointless WRCC fixture against Guiseley 24 hours before - hopefully we've got some 13 year olds we can draft in - just like Hinckley did today.
    harlowhill

Post by harlowhill Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Fantastic crowd and result today, why oh why didn't we play like that on Thurday??
    I thought it should of been a rugby score, hope that doesn't have any affect on goal difference at the business end of the season.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Good result against a poor defensive unit. Nice to see us put a few goals past them, certainly needed that! The way the team dominated and didn't drop in intensity all game just 2 days after the disappointment and extra time on the south coast was truly admirable and a sign of our strength in depth, even if it was only Hinckley. Anybody who thinks we'll be fighting the drop this season is seriously mistaken. This team will be pushing for the play-offs!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 pm

First match of the season I have missed due to a wedding...

Words cannot describe how ecstatic I am, well done town, especially to bounce back after the FA cup game!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:53 am

Yes. great day Saturday. OK it was only Hinckley but we made loads and loads of chances, 7-0 would have been a fairer reflection of the game. Impressed with the energy and determination shown, right till the end. Lets hope a few (or more) of the new people come back on Boxing Day...please get the game on guys!

Everyone around me was saying the same thing: 'why couldn't we have played like that a couple of weeks ago?'

I thought Adam was impressive, Bolland deserves to keep his place. I would certainly start Elam over Forrest. Clayton didn't make as much of an impression as I'd hoped. But a great atmosphere and loads of committment from the players.
    devrede

Post by devrede Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Adam inpressed me as well, with his running and what appears to be his lack of fear for sticking his head or body where it hurts perhaps he should have been one of the three to come on at Hastings.
    He certainly showed 'hunger' for it on Saturday, a hunger that some were missing on Thursday.

Still onwards and upwards, and good luck to whoever turns out against Guiseley. I would not be suprised if the majority of Guiseleys first teamers are picked.
    It is, after all their last chance for silverware.
    Harrogatereject

Post by Harrogatereject Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm

I thought Adam showed a lot of desire and determination to win the ball and worked tirelessly for the full 90 mins, however he takes too long to play his pass and gets the ball caught under his feet at times. Still loves playing for the club and a great squad member. Bolland should have started against Hastings for me. Experience goes along way in the situation we were in on Thursday.
    Elam looks busy and bright when he gets the ball, but he missed two sitters, one in the 1st half from a cut back by Clayton and one 2nd half from a cross from Chib. I don't think he actually puts many crosses into the box either.
    Clayton was a bit quieter than I expected but he did his job and linked up well with Chib and Platt a couple of times, but what he mainly did was give the team width, which enabled Merris to get forward and play forward to Chib's feet, rather than have Beesley, Chib and Forrest all too tight and narrow. I would think Bolder and White will both be brought back in for Chester game ( should White's ban be finished if they play at Tadcaster on Tues), then it will interesting to see who they pick up front as the back 4 and midfield 3 should pick themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:13 am